Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Against my better judgement I have been talked into go. HWFG!

Honestly, We're Fucking Gash?

This is going to be absolutely murder, ain't it? 🤣 We all say this and no doubt the team that absolutely smashed Partick and Raith turns up. I certainly hope so. Been so many poor, poor consecutive games. We've never been able to build momentum at all this season. 

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Honestly, We're Fucking Gash?

This is going to be absolutely murder, ain't it? 🤣 We all say this and no doubt the team that absolutely smashed Partick and Raith turns up. I certainly hope so. Been so many poor, poor consecutive games. We've never been able to build momentum at all this season. 

I've gone in heavy on you with the 13/10 on offer, so I'm hoping that the gulf in class shows tonight !!

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

West End Pole Dance Academy, I might venture in there to brush up my skills if the football is poor

GoArmy nearby as well so Yogi can kit up his battlers for the game.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I've gone in heavy on you with the 13/10 on offer, so I'm hoping that the gulf in class shows tonight !!

We've been fucking gash most of the season mate. 

When you combine it being an away game, at Firhill... No tah. 

29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Gulf in class? What gulf in class?

The one that's usually there between L1 and Championship.

I've been saying it all season that Dunfermline WILL come good with the apparent quality and strength in depth in the squad but for whatever reason it's never happened for you.

A good example being Todorov, who was supposed to be our marquis signing, yet only makes the bench for you, it just seems strange that you're struggling so badly.

With players like Donaldson, Thomas, Dow, Polworth and Lawless and the big game experience of Ambrose you would think that you should have too much, especially with a point to prove and it being last chance saloon. Even Chalmers (who I didn't really like and couldn't believe when you took him off our hands) has to be a standout against lower league opposition.

No disrespect to QP but any Championship side SHOULD be capable of beating the team finishing 4th in L1, and especially one with the squad size and quality of Dunfermline, even if they've not been showing it very often.

As I say, 13/10 seems a fair enough price.

Think you should look up the Championship side's record in these play-offs if you believe there's a significant gulf in class.

I believe our away record in play-offs must be among the worst of any side, in any league. Someone may correct me but since I've been alive we've played Aberdeen, Forfar, Alloa, Stranraer, Cowdenbeath, Dundee United and the wee team - 1 draw and 6 defeats.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think you should look up the Championship side's record in these play-offs if you believe there's a significant gulf in class.

I believe our away record in play-offs must be among the worst of any side, in any league. Someone may correct me but since I've been alive we've played Aberdeen, Forfar, Alloa, Stranraer, Cowdenbeath, Dundee United and the wee team - 1 draw and 6 defeats.

You're starting to worry me now !!

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The one that's usually there between L1 and Championship.

I've been saying it all season that Dunfermline WILL come good with the apparent quality and strength in depth in the squad but for whatever reason it's never happened for you.

A good example being Todorov, who was supposed to be our marquis signing, yet only makes the bench for you, it just seems strange that you're struggling so badly.

With players like Donaldson, Thomas, Dow, Polworth and Lawless and the big game experience of Ambrose you would think that you should have too much, especially with a point to prove and it being last chance saloon. Even Chalmers (who I didn't really like and couldn't believe when you took him off our hands) has to be a standout against lower league opposition.

No disrespect to QP but any Championship side SHOULD be capable of beating the team finishing 4th in L1, and especially one with the squad size and quality of Dunfermline, even if they've not been showing it very often.

As I say, 13/10 seems a fair enough price.

I’ve not a clue what Dunfermline are like this season and they may well comfortably brush us aside but there’s been countless times over the years where I’ve seen people saying that championship jobbers will standout against league 1 opposition. League 1 is obviously a lower standard and you’d hope they’d play better but this qp team have been made up of championship duds who you’d initially think would be fine for league 1 and this season has proved they’re still a load of jobby. 

The playoffs would be boring if the gulf between the 9th placed championship team was huge compared to the league 1 play off sides. You may look at Morton dismantling Airdrie last season but you’ve also had Brechin make their way up via the play offs. The team that wins the play offs generally are the ones that can cope with pressure best 

Edited by qpfc

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

One of the QP fans claimed earlier in the season that Tommy Robson reminded them of Danny McGrain. Is he having a very good season or was that fella taking some strong psychedelics?

That was me, no drugs involved. In the context he really likes to have a run at a defence and also in the context of our squad. I’m a big fan. Most agree he’s good going forward but not so much defending. Don’t know why. He’s robust in the tackle and channels defenders well. Other then Fox he’s been the most consistently good contributor this season. But still not good enough to captain Celtic. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Just now, qpfc said:

I’ve not a clue what Dunfermline are like this season and they may well comfortably brush us aside but there’s been countless times over the years where I’ve seen people saying that championship jobbers will standout against league 1 opposition. League 1 is obviously a lower standard and you’d hope they’d play better but this qp team have been made up of championship duds who you’d initially think would be fine for league 1 and this season had proved they’re still a load of jobby. 

The playoffs would be boring if the gulf between the 9th placed championship team was huge compared to the league 1 play off sides. You may look at Morton dismantling Airdrie last season but you’ve also had Brechin make their way up via the play offs. The team that goes up generally are the ones that can cope with pressure best 

Yes, that's fair enough.

I'm only looking at this from a purely gambling perspective, Dunfermline (on paper) actually have a squad full of ex Premiership dumplings (jury out on whether this helps or hinders) but the way I'm looking at it is you would think this is a second chance to finally come good and there's certainly decent players in there, it's just whether or not they choose to show it.

I also look at the ground, so Firhill doesn't really give the same home advantage, as Dunfermline are used to playing there and won't have a tight wee ground with the intimidating support to deal with (although granted the pitch is horrific).

As I say, the widely available odds of 7/5 currently on offer seem pretty good to me, however it wouldn't be the first time that I was wrong and if so, it certainly won't be the last either !!

“There’s no point looking forward, we just need to look at the next two games”

“We are not looking for excuses or blaming the pitch” 

There then follows around 14 paragraphs on the pitch and how difficult it is going to make things.

Don’t really get the point of these rambling club interviews. Doesn’t someone think “actually John, this just sounds like a load of slavering pish, shall we tighten up this interview?”’

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Tuesday&ID=13761

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, that's fair enough.

I'm only looking at this from a purely gambling perspective, Dunfermline (on paper) actually have a squad full of ex Premiership dumplings (jury out on whether this helps or hinders) but the way I'm looking at it is you would think this is a second chance to finally come good and there's certainly decent players in there, it's just whether or not they choose to show it.

I also look at the ground, so Firhill doesn't really give the same home advantage, as Dunfermline are used to playing there and won't have a tight wee ground with the intimidating support to deal with (although granted the pitch is horrific).

As I say, the widely available odds of 7/5 currently on offer seem pretty good to me, however it wouldn't be the first time that I was wrong and if so, it certainly won't be the last either !!

Edit re: Firhill- we're used to losing there.