Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

1st leg - Wed 4th May Firhill (19:45)

2nd leg - Sat 7th May EEP (3pm)

Not sure what to expect from the tie tbh. QP fans seem very negative about their team but we have crumbled at the slightest obstacle all season long.

Pitch will be a disaster at Firhill and all the pressure is on us.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Queens Park ticketing site has tickets for this - £15, away fans have 3 sections behind the goal.

https://tickets.queensparkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/VLeaR1M8rZ

Hopefully we actually turn up away from home for once, to give ourselves a chance.

b*****ds!

I had convinced myself there was no chance I was going on Wednesday but being behind the goal is definitely a vast improvement.

Our best hope is to shitfest a draw or even single goal defeat at firhill and hope to do the business at east end.   Last night was tough to watch but it was clear the players heads were gone,  we were playing well before that and have a generally decent home record.

Based on that I reckon go 4-2-3-1 again but with McCann up front instead. I’d bring Kamwa in for lawless he looked lively and could be the player who can get a goal from nothing, which is all we will create. 

Please practice set pieces, we’ve been dreadful both in attack and defence with these the last few weeks, I could see them being crucial as well in the first leg.

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

1st leg - Wed 4th May Firhill (19:45)

2nd leg - Sat 7th May EEP (3pm)

Not sure what to expect from the tie tbh. QP fans seem very negative about their team but we have crumbled at the slightest obstacle all season long.

Pitch will be a disaster at Firhill and all the pressure is on us.

Yeah it’s been a shambles on the pitch this season. Too many overpaid players picking and choosing what games they’re bothered to turn up to and they’ve became a fairly unlikeable bunch. Making the playoffs doesn’t feel particularly earned 

From the outside, you’d think Dunfermline should win but once the play offs kick off, everyone has the same opportunity. The odd game when we’re bothered, we certainly look capable. Guys up top like mchugh and Murray you’re hoping really show their quality with a noteworthy performance but I’m not pinning my hopes on them doing so tbh 

Some fairly recognisable names in the Dunfermline side with Ambrose, lawless and dorrans. Assuming these guys legs have gone or they’ve just turned generally rotten ? 

Edited by qpfc

Our away form is a shambles, so combine that with Partick’s dreadful pitch, and it won’t be a good night for us. Plus we’ll have to wear that fucking dreadful away kit. I won’t be there because it will be a horrendous watch. Will go to the EEP game, which we should be able to win fairly comfortably if we are on it and play the way we can.

At EEP we tend to actually do alright tbh. We were playing well yesterday but the players clearly chucked it when the news filtered through about Ayr’s early goal. Stick to the same team, but drop Lawless and Polworth. Two utter duds that gift the opposition possession.

Our away form is a shambles, so combine that with Partick’s dreadful pitch, and it won’t be a good night for us. Plus we’ll have to wear that fucking dreadful away kit. I won’t be there because it will be a horrendous watch. Will go to the EEP game, which we should be able to win fairly comfortably if we are on it and play the way we can.

At EEP we tend to actually do alright tbh. We were playing well yesterday but the players clearly chucked it when the news filtered through about Ayr’s early goal. Stick to the same team, but drop Lawless and Polworth. Two utter duds that gift the opposition possession.
You leave the away kit alone.

Really don't know what to expect from this. I still think that on paper our squad should've been closer to the top of the table this season, and if we had signed a goalscorer in January we might have ended up being more competitive.

The thing is, for all the frustration, we know this team can play football. These players are capable of turning up and putting in a good performance, and if they're not up for a huge playoff tie like this then they might as well just chuck it altogether (although even if they don't do that I suspect many of their full time careers will be over anyway). I hope Coyle has had them practising penalties just in case, because that feels like a real possibility.

Hopefully we put out a strong team against Falkirk today and pump them to build a bit of momentum.

Dunfermline should really have enough in this one with the likes of Donaldson and Thomas - it’s the central midfield partnership that would worry me though as it is fucking dreadful. Wilson seems to have made a decent amount of appearances at Morton and would have been a ready made improvement in there. Bringing in Chalmers to rectify the central midfield issues was absolutely wild. Still though - you would expect Chalmers and Pybus to be decent players in league one so you would think they would be fine in the playoffs...

Dunfermline should really have enough in this one with the likes of Donaldson and Thomas - it’s the central midfield partnership that would worry me though as it is fucking dreadful. Wilson seems to have made a decent amount of appearances at Morton and would have been a ready made improvement in there. Bringing in Chalmers to rectify the central midfield issues was absolutely wild. Still though - you would expect Chalmers and Pybus to be decent players in league one so you would think they would be fine in the playoffs...
Your point about Pybus and Chalmers is the one I'm clinging onto.

Swore last night that I wouldn't be attending any playoff games.

Absolutely seething now, as this morning my resolve was wavering and now I'm probably going to go next weekend.

Thankfully can't make Firhill.

You poor b*****d.

Dunfermline win please. For selfish reasons I hope they stay up.

Why? Neither of us are getting out of League 1 if we’re both there. Kelty, Falkirk, one of Airdrie or Montrose will be miles better.

Do both sides not need to agree to the pricing? Perhaps the club asked to reduce them and Queens Park said no? Also very possible that the opposite happened, or indeed the clubs just said "Regular prices aye? Aye.".

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do both sides not need to agree to the pricing? Perhaps the club asked to reduce them and Queens Park said no? Also very possible that the opposite happened, or indeed the clubs just said "Regular prices aye? Aye.".

We've reduced our prices for the game at Firhill so I doubt that. 

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nope, This is nothing to do with queens park, nothing to do with the spfl or anyone else,  this is our board and our board only choosing to take as much as they can off the fans.

Checked the rules yesterday, following discussions about minimum pricing etc. home club appears to keep all the gate money these days for the playoff games at this level. So I don’t think Queens Park would have a say. I’d honestly imagine it’s entirely a DAFC decision. Club would obviously rather fleece our loyal fans than have the place packed, with a decent atmosphere.