ICTFC πŸ”΅ πŸ”΄ v πŸ”΄ 🟑 PTFC. It's Playoff Time.

The latest episode of The Wyness Shuffle has a wee interview with Partick Thistle fan Marc Wallace (does he post on here?) to get his thoughts on the game and he was incredibly pessimistic about his sides chances of getting through. Have a wee listen if you like that sort of thing. Cheers!

Also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and basically any podcast site really...

Edited by RiG

I see PTFC have the tickets available, when will they be the ICT ones listed?

Given the games were Fri and it was pretty much a shoe in for who was going to play, the speed at which listing seems to happen is pedestrian at best. When we win thru next Fri, I hope the club are a bit quicker for the next round.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

I see PTFC have the tickets available, when will they be the ICT ones listed?

Given the games were Fri and it was pretty much a shoe in for who was going to play, the speed at which listing seems to happen is pedestrian at best. When we win thru next Fri, I hope the club are a bit quicker for the next round.

Tickets for ICT fans are already available.

https://tickets.ptfc.co.uk/package_link/LZEmOKzmpW/AwayInvernessCT050322

24 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I was meaning for the home leg

Ah I see, apologies.Β In that case I agree. It would be good if the club started building up to the game on Friday but I'd guess they are waiting until tomorrow night is out of the way.

Edited by RiG

27 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

tight couple of games but i would think it’ll be thistle v arbroath in next round

You might be right and I wish we were playing your lot as we've got a great record against St Mirren with 24 wins compared to your 11 wins.

Preview on OS confirms Turner and McAllister out but everyone else should be fit. Think 8 of the starting 11 nailed on, and McCall will pick McKenna which means the only two decisions are whether Foster or Hendrie starts at left back and Crawford or Smith on the right wing. Think it'll be Foster & Crawford.Β 

Not even remotely hyped about this yet, feels like we're waiting to be put out of our misery, suppose one crumb is that based on the Premiership years we do seem to do quite well against ICT when they're favourites and in good form.Β 

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Preview on OS confirms Turner and McAllister out but everyone else should be fit. Think 8 of the starting 11 nailed on, and McCall will pick McKenna which means the only two decisions are whether Foster or Hendrie starts at left back and Crawford or Smith on the right wing. Think it'll be Foster & Crawford.Β 

Crawford being shoehorned in on the right wing is like a man down, If we’re to play him I’d genuinely rather see Jakubiak out wide and Crawford playing in his natural position with Banzo and Docherty in a 4-3-3.Β 
Hendrie has been in decent form lately so really should get the nod at LB.Β 

I’m only just catching up on Sportscene from Saturday but in the studio after the St Johnstone game did Foster actually say hopefully St Johnstone can survive in the playoffs?

It seems an incredible thing to say when the club you play for are also involved in the games. No matter how unlikely it is that the team finishing 4th would be competing in the final.

8 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Crawford being shoehorned in on the right wing is like a man down, If we’re to play him I’d genuinely rather see Jakubiak out wide and Crawford playing in his natural position with Banzo and Docherty in a 4-3-3.Β 
Hendrie has been in decent form lately so really should get the nod at LB.Β 

Would be quite something if McCall has been playing rope a dope with our opponents all season and now in the playoffs decides to play everyone in their best position as we cruise to promotion.Β 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Would be quite something if McCall has been playing rope a dope with our opponents all season and now in the playoffs decides to play everyone in their best position as we cruise to promotion.Β 

We can only fantasise!

All the "playoffs are unfair to whomever" chat it still tickles me enormously that we were utter shite in the 2nd div, finished 4th and still managed to get promoted due to the 2nd bottom team in Div 1 being Stranraer. I don't remember who Hibs' goalie was at the time, but I dare say Stranraer could have done with him. Anyway, it was jammy, flukey, undeserved and absolutely delicious.

We're for a pumping here, so I'm only slightly sorry that I made plans for this evening before I even knew the playoffs were tonight.

Β 

Β 

Edited by velo army
forgot to make the Hibs' goalie reference.

Looking forward to watching the match tonight on the box, but campaired to last week's Kille Vs Arbroath match, the build up seems to be very flat - how are ticket sales going for tonight's match ?

It's a big match with a chance to reach the finals for the play offs, but not much sensing much excitement with the fans.

On paper, Inverness should be clear winners, but with one off games form counts for very little - think Partick will need to be at their very best tonight to compete with Inverness.

21 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

It's a big match with a chance to reach the finals for the play offs, but not much sensing much excitement with the fans.

It's pretty much the only game this season I've been properly up for but can see why lots aren't - promotion still seems very distant and pretty unlikely at this point.

Partick's form's a bit rubbish too so it makes sense that their fans are on a bit of a downer, though if they're still feeling like that at 7pm I don't know why they bother watching football tbh.