ICTFC 🔵 🔴 v 🔴 🟡 PTFC. It's Playoff Time.

6 hours ago, jagfox said:

Actually there has been some decent games against the sides. We are horse at the moment and Inverness CT had a great warm-up for the playoffs vs Accies.

Looking back we had a pretty good first half to the season results wise and scored a few goals. They have dried up for a variety of reasons, pitch, giving Rudden away, Tiffoney missing games and Bria Graham just getting older and his dodgy back.

ICT are the better side but with Bily Dodds in charge there is always a wee thought that it could go tits up at anytime. Obviously we are equally prone to that.

Probably won't even bother going to the home game but I will be watching with interest.

p,s, Good luck vs Arbroath Caley Thistle.

Absolute total reverse psychology from one of Maryhull's finest.

2 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

I actually despise this play off system 3rd and 4th have no chance of going up because while we're playing two games in the space of 3 days Arbroath are resting for a week. If we then manage to beat Arbroath after ANOTHER two games we then have to play ANOTHER two legs against Premiership opposition. Just have it like we do in League one and League Two makes it fairer for everyone instead of favouring the team in the top flight. 

ICT potential schedule before Final on 20th May

3rd May - 6th May - 10th May - 13th May

Premiership side schedule before Final on 20th May

7th May - 11th May - 15th May

So yes, the "huge injustice" thats favouring the top flight side is the Championship side playing one extra game at the start of the month then having longer to rest and prepare for the Final. What chance have you got against such odds.

FWIW the "fairest" way to do it would be to exclude the side who finished mid-table and have 2nd v 3rd play their games on Matchday 37/38 in the top flight. Two finalists both play 38 games before the Final and both have the same schedule heading into it. If we done it your way then your clubs would be inactive for almost 3 weeks heading into a game v the top flight, which would no doubt be an attempt to weight it to top flight sides too, I guess.

Edited by RandomGuy.

43 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

It’s obviously to give the Premier League team the best chance of survival to preserve the PL for “big teams”. Unfair by design.

There's been, what, 7 play-off finals? And it's 4-3 in favour of the Premiership team. And three of those four were wins over Rangers and Dundee United!

11 hours ago, yoda said:

There's been, what, 7 play-off finals? And it's 4-3 in favour of the Premiership team. And three of those four were wins over Rangers and Dundee United!

The top flight side hasn't won the Play Offs in 180 minutes since Hamilton in 2016/17.

Anyone who thinks it's weighted to "preserve" the top flight is quite simply a moron with an agenda they can't see past, as history doesn't suggest that's true at all.

Arbroath will never have a better chance of going up, if they blow it, it won't be because of how the play offs are structured.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The top flight side hasn't won the Play Offs in 180 minutes since Hamilton in 2016/17.

Anyone who thinks it's weighted to "preserve" the top flight is quite simply a moron with an agenda they can't see past, as history doesn't suggest that's true at all.

Arbroath will never have a better chance of going up, if they blow it, it won't be because of how the play offs are structured.

The fact top flight teams haven't been very good at play offs doesn't alter the fact they only play one tie whereas the other teams have two or three ties. Unfair and regardless of Arbroath being in the mix. 

I actually despise this play off system 3rd and 4th have no chance of going

Which is fair enough. The team who finishes 4th in a 10 team league should not be getting promoted, you finished mid table FFS.
It should just be 2nd against 11th over two legs, and it normally is anyway.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We will blow it

But I’d rather face Partick Thistle than Inverness in the semis 

The fact top flight teams haven't been very good at play offs doesn't alter the fact they only play one tie whereas the other teams have two or three ties. Unfair and regardless of Arbroath being in the mix. 

The wee league is 36 games, the big league is 38. Second spot plays two extra games to get to the playoff final…

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Which is fair enough. The team who finishes 4th in a 10 team league should not be getting promoted, you finished mid table FFS.

Yes for fairness

No because it keeps the interest going for more teams for longer. Our season would have ended in February without the play offs

2 hours ago, keptie said:

Fact is a top team in the Championship play's the second worst team in the Premier.

St Johnstone have won 7 games over the season with Arbroath having won 17.

So from that I would say the odds are even.

17 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

I actually despise this play off system 3rd and 4th have no chance of going up because while we're playing two games in the space of 3 days Arbroath are resting for a week. If we then manage to beat Arbroath after ANOTHER two games we then have to play ANOTHER two legs against Premiership opposition. Just have it like we do in League one and League Two makes it fairer for everyone instead of favouring the team in the top flight. 

Arbroath deserve an easier path given they finished second. Finishing 4th in a 10 team league shouldn't give you anything anyway. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Moron with an agenda they can't see past found.

Can’t see past Caley Thistle in this tie, having suffered the indignation of double defeat to Charlie Adam last season shows me that a team in decline (St Johnstone) have gotten into the losing habit, “heroes” like Stevie May and Glenn Middleton warming the bench tells me that something isn’t right. Caley v Arbroath is a harder one to predict, I’m sure Saints don’t fancy either of them tbh. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We will blow it

But I’d rather face Partick Thistle than Inverness in the semis 

Me too....oh... I see what you mean!

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Probably should be flipping that on its head and asking why the 16th ranked team hasn’t just spent the season in the top tier.

The whole system was set up for Celtic and Rangers to get at least 4 games against each other each season and the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts voted for it because they thought they would be guaranteed it too. And they didn’t really care about the rest or how it worked.

The team which finishes fourth have a one in eight chance of getting promoted before you take into account home disadvantage, less rest and being shiter than the other clubs. So in reality it's probably greater than one in ten.

I'll take the unfairness of the fourth place team going up once a decade in exchange for the scenes and heads gone which would ensue.

On 30/04/2022 at 08:23, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Must be horrible to support a club with no passion. Constantly hearing the rustling of sweetie papers during the game. Imagine peeing your frillies over playing at Firhill.  Lol.

^^^

106279594-Scrappy-Doo-gif-f163420f83f5b8