ICTFC 🔵 🔴 v 🔴 🟡 PTFC. It's Playoff Time.

Yeah, this is far from over. Partick have caused us a lot of problems at home this season but we are in a great position.

Got to feel sorry for Hyde coming on as a sub and then being taken off again but I thought it was the wrong sub when he came on so it was good to see that Dodds showed he got it wrong and was willing to change it.

Think some Partick fans are being a bit harsh on the keeper for the second goal, the ball from Sutherland was tremendous.

Yea, i watched the goals back again (thought the Caley first might've been just offside but looks comfortably on). Second is a legit brilliant ball in, perfectly weighted + curled into a great area. Prolly need to keep In mind the context too that after spilling the shot for the first he might've not felt confident rushing out to claim it and risk spilling it again. Arguably thats compounding the first mistake, but I don't think there's a lot he could have done differently at that one. If we don't give the ball away through slackness/tiredness in the first instance then he never gets the space to put in the cross so thats the bigger problem/fault, imo.

Shame for Crawford that we couldnt hold on too, don't know how intentional it was but his finish took a really nasty swerve that completely bamboozled Ridgers.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

19 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Ian McCall lists three errors and says it was only two. And having been beaten 2-1, feels Thistle 'edged it'. 

He has numeracy issues.

197529950_Whentwobecomesthree.thumb.jpg.ad4eb3b51e8f8f239da1467521fedb2f.jpg

McCall talks a lot of shite, but that’s not his worst interview.

Correct about Sneddon, correct about Alegria, correct about Docherty. Not entirely sure we edged the game but I think a draw probably would have been fair.

• Stephen Malkmus changed the title to ICTFC 🔵 🔴 v 🔴 🟡 PTFC. It's Playoff Time.
7 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Ian McCall lists three errors and says it was only two. And having been beaten 2-1, feels Thistle 'edged it'. 

He has numeracy issues.

But he is right about the 3 errors. Our heads had gone down after ICT’s equaliser. If Alegria had scored, I think, we would have held on for the win. But, there you go. 

8 hours ago, candycelt said:

Wasn’t the best of games but thought ICT were definitely deserved winners and had more attacking quality overall. Will win by a few on Friday for me. 

Yeah I think our quality up front was the difference. Although Thistle will definitely score on Friday. They always do up here. 

10 hours ago, Reid said:

Sneddon cost us there. No idea what he’s doing for the first goal and it looked like he could’ve been out quicker for the second. Thought that, although it was an even game, we looked fairly comfortable until Sneddon chucked it to Sutherland.

Alegria is also useless. Absolutely dreadful signing.

That miss was the obvious turning point, imo.

He has numeracy issues.

I'm not sure what your problem is here. You don't have to win to "edge it", that phrase relates to performance. And the discussion of errors in the second paragraph is clearly about the goals they conceded.

Aye 'edged it' suggests who the better team was, not the score.  Although I would disagree with him on that.  We were the far better side in the first half and in the last 20 minutes.  Thistle had a good 20 minute spell when they were on top.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure what your problem is here. You don't have to win to "edge it", that phrase relates to performance. And the discussion of errors in the second paragraph is clearly about the goals they conceded.

These Thistle fans appear to agree with my interpretation.

8 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

He's a twat.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

McCall talks a lot of shite

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He was probably pished so a decent effort from him tbf.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We got better as game went on which was pleasing. The tie is still up in the air so I’m hanging fire doing any celebrating.

Don't agree with that TBH. We started really brightly but the Walsh injury seemed to knock us off our stride and we resorted to the typical hoofball that led to us going 11 games without a win. We probably edged possession without doing too much with it and always looked shaky at the back for long periods of time. Only when Samuels came on and we attacked the Thistle full backs did things seemingly turn back in our favour. Deas seemed to be getting forward a lot more than usual and even Carson seemed to be overlapping Sutherland a lot more in the first half. We really had Thistle pinned back. But with Walsh going off McAlear didn't offer much when pressed further forward and Akinola ate up every high ball battered towards Mckay before we actually tried to stretch the play by using our wide men / full backs on the flanks.

Sutherland was very good again and took his chance well before that peach of a cross for the winner. Holt and Akinola seemed to be playing really high up and left a lot of space between them and Sneddon which I guess is why Samuels was sent on. I am not convinced about him but if you want anything from the guy he needs space to run into and last night was that kind of game to be effective.

Deas was absolutely superb and Carson, despite his incredible brain fart that should have cost us a goal, handled Tiffoney well. If Partick couldn't get the ball to him there seemed to be little else they had in their locker.

Whilst I am delighted to come back and get the win as you say the tie is far from over and we need to perform like we did in the first 15 minutes for the full 90 on Friday if we want to go through.

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

At this stage I'd take 49 year old Steven Bell or Darren Brownlie coming back from a year out with an ACL injury over Alegria up front. 

McCall done that in our debacle v Auchinleck a few years ago rather than bringing on 2 of our promising young strikers *shudders*