ICTFC 🔵 🔴 v 🔴 🟡 PTFC. It's Playoff Time.

25 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

These Thistle fans appear to agree with my interpretation.

HighlandMagyar would blame Ian McCall for the Rwandan genocide, Nightmare patently doesn’t agree with you and Cardle is a Dunfermline fan.

Other than that, good post. 

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Deas was absolutely superb and Carson, despite his incredible brain fart that should have cost us a goal, handled Tiffoney well. If Partick couldn't get the ball to him there seemed to be little else they had in their locker.

Story of PT for the last 3 months. The opposition have just been sticking 2 or 3 players out on Tiffoney and easily negating any attacking threat we might have.

You’d think other players would be able to find space in this kind of situation, but apparently the rest of the team isn’t good enough to do that.

I have to say, the Hardy and Samuels that we had when they first signed seemed to have been swapped out for fairly decent footballers for this level.  Same with Chalmers, all 3 were shite when they first came in.  What a turnaround in the last month.

Fuck knows what Shane is up to, he's like a man possessed at the moment.

Not much between the teams last night with the exception of ICT having options on the bench which can positively influence a match ….less said about us the better as it’s now too painful/boring/obvious to regurgitate match after match .

11 hours ago, milhouse said:

An overreaction. We didn't play badly tonight, certainly better than most performances recently. I don't think there was a lack of effort. We currently aren't a bad side for this level, but perhaps not good enough to get promoted. It was a close game, as I thought it would be.

I would agree with that, and I'm not being patronising but as I said earlier with players like Graham, Tiffoney and others you should have had a better season TBH.

What did affect the result in our favour was Tiffoney losing the rag and playing edgily, he should know better when he's being baited and powered by defenders as he's probably been at the game, amateur, semi and professionally since he was around 8 or 9, so he should know by now how to handle being targeted and hassled. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

HighlandMagyar would blame Ian McCall for the Rwandan genocide, Nightmare patently doesn’t agree with you and Cardle is a Dunfermline fan.

Other than that, good post. 

I think since January my fears of McCall taking us any further ate being borne out. Unfortunately so.

14 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Oh right....am I allowed a sneak preview?

Here it is, another classic case of deluded McCall blaming the players rather than his hoof ball tactics - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-match-reaction/managers-reaction-ian-mccall-3rd-may-2022/

"We felt we shaded that game overall but to be honest there wasn’t much in it....

"We then get that goal and for a while it looked like we were going to dominate but that fizzled out and we concede two poor goals which will make things very difficult for us.”

“For the equaliser, we give Mckay too much space to take the shot and then when the shot does come in Jamie should do better even if it’s just to parry it away from goal. The second one comes from a slack pass by Doc..."

Yes the players have made mistakes, too many in recent games, but he signed them or gave them new deals.

Does he take responsibility? A huge NO!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
22 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:
I think since January my fears of McCall taking us any further ate being borne out. Unfortunately so.

You said before it kicked off that fourth would be a good season though, so you must be happy.

I am happy we got 4th. Absolutely. But the frustration of being rank rotten since January after looking so good and battering teams has left a bitter taste in the mouth. Obviously McCall will be here next season, but I am nowhere near convinced he can take us up the next level( promotion).

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I am happy we got 4th. Absolutely. But the frustration of being rank rotten since January after looking so good and battering teams has left a bitter taste in the mouth. Obviously McCall will be here next season, but I am nowhere near convinced he can take us up the next level( promotion).

Agree totally. Our goalscoring record has been abysmal since January and it's too easy to blame our pitch. Smith, Murray, McAllister, Jakubiak, and Alegria have been disappointing to put it mildly. No one forced McCall to sign them, Lyons or give MacIver a new deal last summer.

Finishing 15 points behind Dick Campbell's part-timers is not good enough. McCall should be under huge pressure to deliver victory on Friday night.

Really decent effort from Caley fans last night actually, hard to see how that wouldn't lift the players. On the other hand we just didn't seem to give a f**k, which I can't blame anyone, haven't watched us play a game this year where I thought it was actually an enjoyable game to watch. 

Best of luck against Arbroath anyway. 

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I have to say, the Hardy and Samuels that we had when they first signed seemed to have been swapped out for fairly decent footballers for this level.  Same with Chalmers, all 3 were shite when they first came in.  What a turnaround in the last month.

f**k knows what Shane is up to, he's like a man possessed at the moment.

He really couldn't miss mate.

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Really decent effort from Caley fans last night actually, hard to see how that wouldn't lift the players. On the other hand we just didn't seem to give a f**k, which I can't blame anyone, haven't watched us play a game this year where I thought it was actually an enjoyable game to watch. 

Best of luck against Arbroath anyway. 

I really don't think we were that bad last night. Two bad mistakes done us. I thought the performance was much improved on the last 2 months or so. We are not out of this.