Highlights/lowlights of your season?

Highlight - probably sacking Hopkin and the 2 wins that followed under Duffy. It gave the impression very briefly that we might not actually be as god awful as we feared. If only we knew.

Lowlight - just about everything else.

Edited by eez-eh

Ayr Utd having a minority of racists in their support has been a particular low point for me. Quite eye opening as well and I mean that genuinely. I know earlier in the season I was trolling on the back of some of the song choices back in July etc but over the last couple of months Ayr fans have been making reference to players skin colour being an issue for some of their support and I think that’s a poor reflection on Ayrshire (and further afield) as a whole.

Highlight-reaching the cup final,  Connolly's goal against Partick 

Low point- Innes Cameron, some guy called Chima and Allan Johnston's ability to play football and not have an attempt on target for 3 games

30 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Ayr Utd having a minority of racists in their support has been a particular low point for me. Quite eye opening as well and I mean that genuinely. I know earlier in the season I was trolling on the back of some of the song choices back in July etc but over the last couple of months Ayr fans have been making reference to players skin colour being an issue for some of their support and I think that’s a poor reflection on Ayrshire (and further afield) as a whole.

Totally off topic M8.

Thread asking for highs and lows of your season, a rant against another team doesn't cut it.

I'm sure there is a thread on racism you can vent your anger on.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Quite concerning how much you seem to revel in there being a section of these clowns in our support. It’s utterly disgusting that we have players that have to deal with it without Killie fans using it to point score.

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Quite concerning how much you seem to revel in there being a section of these clowns in our support. It’s utterly disgusting that we have players that have to deal with it without Killie fans using it to point score.

I’m 100% not point scoring it’s a bad reflection on society in our local area. I was honestly pretty shocked reading the comments about Adeloye in your thread. I didn’t realise it was an actual real problem. 

Kilmarnock will have racists in our support too as evidenced with AD last year.

I’m 100% not point scoring it’s a bad reflection on society in our local area. I was honestly pretty shocked reading the comments about Adeloye in your thread. I didn’t realise it was an actual real problem. 
Kilmarnock will have racists in our support too as evidenced with AD last year.

Fair enough and apologies if I misinterpreted it. In all honesty it wasn’t that shocking to me and that’s probably the worst thing I can say about the whole situation. This season we’ve had Adeloye getting criticised although it’s not been directly racist I still believe there are racial connotations to it. Besides that we also had an incident with an Ayr fan getting chucked out for racial abuse directed at Gozie Ugwu.

Highlight: The wins away to Killie and Falkirk were good days out. 

Lowlight: The board deciding to sign a player found guilty in civil court of rape despite numerous warnings from our fan base that it would be a cataclysmically moronic decision. The subsequent double down coupled with a winless streak. 

At the end of the Kilmarnock game at home in December, we genuinely looked like we might have the ability to go on and win the league. Everything after that match up until we won in Dumfries in mid-March was utter dogshit. A truly horrific season given where we were at. 

Highlights:  Actually winning a game of football in the Highlands for the first time in 20 years. The 2-1 win at Rugby Park.

Lowlights:  The first 20 minutes of our 2nd Home game against Killie. Purchasing the QOS stream to see Duffy in his last game capitulate 3-0 (going on 5-0.) "Hoppyball" in all its aimless punt glory. Our overall season.