Highlights/lowlights of your season?

Well yes, it's possible.
"Easily" is a stretch though.  The post-Clarke sides haven't really threatened that. 
After seeing the 'scenes' when Alston scored, I don't really get the need to now claim it was effectively all a bit beneath you.  

I'm not saying it was beneath us, we deserved to go down. I'm saying that I don't think being relegated was better than staying up. Winning the league in that fashion was brilliant, but it wasn't as good as either of our cup wins or finishing 3rd under Clarke.

Ross County pipped us to safety on the final day last year and are still well in the battle for a European spot. Wright would have been a much better fit for scrapping in mid-table in the Premiership than he would have been at trying to win a league too. We've ended up with a better manager as a result of the relegation, so maybe it will work out well in the long-term, but realistically McInnes will be off within a year or two if he does as well as I think he will.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If we hadn't been relegated last season we could easily be in a battle for 4th/5th place in the top flight and a place in Europe right now.

With the squad you have, I'd say you'd have been propping us and St Johnstone up tbh.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If we hadn't been relegated last season we could easily be in a battle for 4th/5th place in the top flight and a place in Europe right now.

Aye, with this man guiding you the whole way no doubt.

Disbelief.thumb.png.a2074300e86b0297fffa4e0a6f138dc5.png

I agree with the Killie fans tbh, it's the same argument I would make for us last year in that if we had stayed up in 2020 (for whatever reason) we'd have had a different squad in 20-21 for the championship than the one we had for league one. 

With Killie it's probably more simple in that if they had stayed up last season they'd probably have had Lafferty for the full season this year. 

On 10/05/2022 at 09:18, Fuctifano said:

I agree with the Killie fans tbh, it's the same argument I would make for us last year in that if we had stayed up in 2020 (for whatever reason) we'd have had a different squad in 20-21 for the championship than the one we had for league one. 

With Killie it's probably more simple in that if they had stayed up last season they'd probably have had Lafferty for the full season this year. 

Well yes, they'd quite possibly have had a better side had they stayed up - this one hasn't been great after all.

That's not the point though.  The point is that they did have a genuinely memorable moment this season that they'd have been very unlikely indeed to have matched in the League above.

With the benefit of hindsight that says how it finished, I think it's a bit wilfully daft to suggest that staying up would have been better.

Isn't it better than the shite you had this time last year?

I'm not sure if it's just the emotional impact of yet another relegation, but none of this makes sense.

If Killie had stayed up last season, our transfer business in the summer would have been very different and we wouldn't have been assembling a Championship select.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure if it's just the emotional impact of yet another relegation, but none of this makes sense.

If Killie had stayed up last season, our transfer business in the summer would have been very different and we wouldn't have been assembling a Championship select.

You're the one making the massive leap to suggest you could have 'easily been fighting for 4th/5th in the top flight' when your current squad and previous one last season were utterly dire. Yes, you'd have signed some different players but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that there'd have been an improvement in recruitment.

The team that finished 3 points ahead of us last season were in that battle right up until last night. In fact, the three teams who finished immediately above us last season ended up 4th, 5th and 6th, with the newly promoted team finishing 3rd.

We would have been going into the season with an experienced top flight manager who almost always finished top 6 and had several European qualifications under his belt already.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I suspect the board spent more in the championship than they were intending to had we not been relegated.

Relegation and the ups and downs of this season have been a real eye opener for a lot of people at the club.

In the long run I think Kilmarnock will benefit from the experience, stronger board, better management and a solid squad.

I do not doubt for one second though, that had we not been relegated 2020/2021 season then we would have been this season.

“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.” - Henry Ford

4 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

The squad was adequate to get us out of the championship. It’ll need greatly strengthened to keep us in the premiership.

Does this stack up logically?

Is the current Dundee side really much stronger than the current Kilmarnock one?