Highlights/lowlights of your season?

On 01/05/2022 at 16:10, KTID65 said:

You are just in the huff because your part time/ hybrid fairytale failed at the last minute. You got what you deserved after trying to waste time from 15 minutes onwards so dry yer eyes and look forward to the play offs though I can’t see any team from this shite league beating St Johnstone. 

Not at all. Clubs obviously want to play at the highest level they can and staying in this division too long would be bad for Kilmarnock BUT that added pressure of every game meaning something 100 percent improves your experience as a fan. That plus all the new teams and away days etc combined with winning the league and all in all you’ll have enjoyed this season much more than you realise.

Maybe next year it’ll hit home when you’ve more than likely had a middle of the road season which in the end doesn’t really amount to much significance at all. 

Not at all. Clubs obviously want to play at the highest level they can and staying in this division too long would be bad for Kilmarnock BUT that added pressure of every game meaning something 100 percent improves your experience as a fan. That plus all the new teams and away days etc combined with winning the league and all in all you’ll have enjoyed this season much more than you realise.

Maybe next year it’ll hit home when you’ve more than likely had a middle of the road season which in the end doesn’t really amount to much significance at all. 

Too many Friday away days for my liking spoiled what would’ve been an excellent break from top league survival battles.
The Saturday ones away I really enjoyed albeit I missed the rail journeys I usually take due to the lurgy farce (couldn’t be arsed sitting with a mask on).
Overall it was a different experience not being the underdogs and having the extra pressure of having to win most weeks.

Highlights:

Getting shot at last of the 'manager'.

Winning the guffy cup.

Yogi becoming the manager of THEM.

Lowlights

Every game bar 2 since November.

Signing a guy that doesn't know the meaning of the word 'NO!' and the dobber owner basically backing him.
The Townies owning us at Least End and not being able to beat them this season despite them being dugshite.

EDITED TO SAY:  New highlight....

The Pars pressing the lower floor button on the league elevator....

"L1 floor, beachware, buckets and spades. Mind the gap."

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

On 29/04/2022 at 13:14, DA Baracus said:

Seen us in person 9 times this season.

Zero wins. 1 point. 4 goals for.

Hoping tonight will change things slightly.

You're clearly our unlucky charm :lol:

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not going tomorrow. Easy win.

I'm not going either.

My away form is dreadful 3 goals for 6 against in 3 games, 1 point gained. Anyone going through deserves a medal.

Highlights - Seeing youngsters Todd and McCann and too a lesser extent Allen appear in the first team regularly. 

Just having fans back

Cole and Todorov's goals v Ayr...didnt count for much in the end, but a great moment none the less.

Pars beat Raith, and didn't lose to Raith

Lowlights

The Hiring of Peter Grant

The coaching of Peter Grant

The Management of Peter Grant

The Man-Management of Peter Grant

The bowlful of confidence from Peter Grant

The recruitment of Peter Grant

The formations adopted by Peter Grant

The confidence shattering of players by Peter Grant

The CV of Peter Grant

On 03/05/2022 at 19:14, FBadgers said:

Highlights - Seeing youngsters Todd and McCann and too a lesser extent Allen appear in the first team regularly. 

Just having fans back

Cole and Todorov's goals v Ayr...didnt count for much in the end, but a great moment none the less.

Pars beat Raith, and didn't lose to Raith

Lowlights

The Hiring of Peter Grant

The coaching of Peter Grant

The Management of Peter Grant

The Man-Management of Peter Grant

The bowlful of confidence from Peter Grant

The recruitment of Peter Grant

The formations adopted by Peter Grant

The confidence shattering of players by Peter Grant

The CV of Peter Grant

The media interviews involving Peter Grant

The toilet habits of Peter Grant

On 01/05/2022 at 16:10, KTID65 said:

You are just in the huff because your part time/ hybrid fairytale failed at the last minute. You got what you deserved after trying to waste time from 15 minutes onwards so dry yer eyes and look forward to the play offs though I can’t see any team from this shite league beating St Johnstone. 

I have came to this late, do we know if this dude is ok

8 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Definitely no.

Really?

I accept it could all have gone differently, but even with the full benefit of hindsight, that says it went well and had an exciting conclusion?  You still wish you'd pissed around in a nondescript ninth place or something instead this year?

I'd have thought the high of the late win over Arbroath in front of a big crowd would have been higher than the low of feebly losing to Dundee was low.

Have we really all become so conditioned to the necessity of staying in a league, even if it's often pretty rubbish and meaningless?

Highlights - The first goal in the Challenge Cup final was the first that I'd seen in person in over 2 years, Covid and all it's ills felt like a distant memory. That and acutally getting back to Stark's Park for a game felt really good.

Lowlights - Aside from signing Goodwillie, which belongs is its own special place in hell, there are plenty to pick from. Starting with opening day of the season where we lost a four goal lead in the last 22 minutes , losing to the Pars at East End just after winning the Cup Final in a truly dreadful performace and lost of guff inbetween.

Really?
I accept it could all have gone differently, but even with the full benefit of hindsight, that says it went well and had an exciting conclusion?  You still wish you'd pissed around in a nondescript ninth place or something instead this year?
I'd have thought the high of the late win over Arbroath in front of a big crowd would have been higher than the low of feebly losing to Dundee was low.
Have we really all become so conditioned to the necessity of staying in a league, even if it's often pretty rubbish and meaningless?

If we hadn't been relegated last season we could easily be in a battle for 4th/5th place in the top flight and a place in Europe right now.

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If we hadn't been relegated last season we could easily be in a battle for 4th/5th place in the top flight and a place in Europe right now.

If we didn’t down tools after November we could have easily been in the Premiership next season. Your point?

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Well yes, it's possible.

"Easily" is a stretch though.  The post-Clarke sides haven't really threatened that. 

After seeing the 'scenes' when Alston scored, I don't really get the need to now claim it was effectively all a bit beneath you.  

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well yes, it's possible.

"Easily" is a stretch though.  The post-Clarke sides haven't really threatened that. 

After seeing the 'scenes' when Alston scored, I don't really get the need to now claim it was effectively all a bit beneath you.  

I can see Craig's point in the sense that this season's top division is just as abysmal in relative quality as the Championship, so if we hadn't gone down we may well have been battling with the almost equally hapless Utd, County and Well for European places. That said, we were going to be relegated sooner or later, having had one good full season and two halves in the previous dozen. So now that it's done and been dealt with, actually winning something, even if it was something we didn't want to be competing for, at Rugby Park counts for quite a lot for me.

On 01/05/2022 at 16:57, Monkey Tennis said:

100% this.  

Genuine question for Kilmarnock fans:  with the absolute benefit of hindsight, are you not kind of glad you get relegated last season?

When you weigh it all up, no. We made hard work of our season and weren't very good at times, so to get the title over the line when there was a lot of pressure on us to bounce back up immediately was a huge relief. I don't mind admitting that I went daft at the final whistle on that Friday night and it was a brilliant weekend of celebrating, but I think you should always want to be in the highest league that you possibly can be in. While there were positives like great away days and exploring new grounds that we would have only visited had it been a fortunate cup draw for us, I would have taken another season of total meh in the Premiership over it. Very few teams are privileged enough to never experience being relegated from the top flight, so of course it was inevitable that our stay in the Premiership would come to an end at some point. The manner in which we went down was pathetic, though, with bad boardroom decisions coupled with bad team management creating an ideal scenario in which to get relegated in such a meek manner. If fans had been allowed in stadiums I suspect the board would have been pressured into binning Dyer before they did (and he should never have been given the job in the first instance) and we may have been able to hire another manager who might have been able to steer us clear of relegation. All ifs and buts of course, but given the club had been on a downward spiral since the departure of Clarke, I think the celebrations following the Arbroath game were a reassuring sign for the fans that the club is moving in the right direction again. Provided that we can jettison the players who clearly won't be good enough for the top-flight and can replace them with players who are better than we've had in the last two seasons, I believe we have the right manager to challenge for the top six.

7 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

When you weigh it all up, no. We made hard work of our season and weren't very good at times, so to get the title over the line when there was a lot of pressure on us to bounce back up immediately was a huge relief. I don't mind admitting that I went daft at the final whistle on that Friday night and it was a brilliant weekend of celebrating, but I think you should always want to be in the highest league that you possibly can be in. While there were positives like great away days and exploring new grounds that we would have only visited had it been a fortunate cup draw for us, I would have taken another season of total meh in the Premiership over it. Very few teams are privileged enough to never experience being relegated from the top flight, so of course it was inevitable that our stay in the Premiership would come to an end at some point. The manner in which we went down was pathetic, though, with bad boardroom decisions coupled with bad team management creating an ideal scenario in which to get relegated in such a meek manner. If fans had been allowed in stadiums I suspect the board would have been pressured into binning Dyer before they did (and he should never have been given the job in the first instance) and we may have been able to hire another manager who might have been able to steer us clear of relegation. All ifs and buts of course, but given the club had been on a downward spiral since the departure of Clarke, I think the celebrations following the Arbroath game were a reassuring sign for the fans that the club is moving in the right direction again. Provided that we can jettison the players who clearly won't be good enough for the top-flight and can replace them with players who are better than we've had in the last two seasons, I believe we have the right manager to challenge for the top six.

There you go - you've benefited from relegation, in that you view next season optimistically.

More pissing about about in the lower reaches of the top tier might have kept Tommy Wright in charge.

Edited by Monkey Tennis