The Binos v Edinburgh City

Last game of the season thank f**k, another season of failure at Forthbank. Lets hope DY can assemble a side capable of at least getting us  to the playoffs next season. 

On to the game against playoff bound Edinburgh City, can we end the season on a high with a win or is nobody bothered. 🤨 Good luck to City in the playoffs, wish it was us but we are after a good start to the season, fell away and it was no surprise again. 

Prediction who gives a toss 😒

Edited by rhliston

Now we've scraped into the play-offs I wonder if we'll rest some players/wrap them in cotton wool to avoid injuries. 

Give Jack Leighfield a start if only to see what he's actually like! 

Stirling 3 (Sir Mark of Laird 3) Edinburgh City 3 (Sir Mark of Laird o.g. x 3)

Play a reserve squad or some young players.  Saying that, we have promoted a few of the youth from the under 20s this season anyway.  Maybe bring in a few more youth. 

Stirling fans will want to finish on a win but will the players?  Many moving on from what the fans have said and big changes next season at the Binos.   

Tuesday and next Saturday play off games are more important for City.  

1-1

Stirling fans will want to finish on a win but will the players?  Many moving on from what the fans have said and big changes next season at the Binos. 

It’s all speculation really, but considering the squad was expected to push for promotion, and the players were confident of achieving the aim in pre-season, to finish 7th and to be second best across the pitch in most games, plus a new manager into the mix, most of us expect big changes. Nothing has been said officially to my knowledge, it was reported in the local paper this week that Young is set to sit down and finalise plans for next season but that’s expected with no more games left. We just have to wait and see.

I think Saturday could be one of the lowest attendances for a long long time, as the season has progressed there appears to be more empty seats in the stand with regular faces around where I sit, not attending. There has also been chat on Facebook about others being done with the season and not coming until serious changes have been made to the First Team, and others that are refusing to come until changes are made off the park. This could all be hot air from these people of course, I’m sure time will tell but with a lot of unhappiness throughout the club at the moment thrown in with Edinburgh having nothing to play for, it’s hardly crying out for people to come.

Seasons over, I’ll be there and hoping it’s sunny .

I’m on the far side of Dunoon. Warm and sunny. Not a snawba’s chance in hell of me appearing at Forthbank tomorrow.

EC fans all the best in PO’s. Your there on merit. Re your manager change, in mid- march, good/bad? His record is just a little better than DY’s. If your promoted, It will of course, be the shrewdest move the clan has ever made.

19 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Just done some arithmetic.

Cowden. M Ross. 0.958pts/game

Stirling.    D Young 0.947pts/game

thank goodness for KR.

So as an update following todays results...

M.Ross 0.920 pts/game

D. Young 1.105 pts/game

Great result against an admittedly weakened Edinburgh City with players rested.  Some nice football in flashes and Law didn't really have a save to make.  The day marred by a horrible injury to a City player. Seeing that happen to any player puts a damper on joy for me. 

Didn`t see that result coming tbh but thought City would be saving themselves for the playoffs and was proven right. 

Lets hope DY can do the business in the summer, don`t think I can stand another season like this one. 

Didn’t see that result, or that performance coming but by Christ we deserve it, if not more. Yes it was meaningless and yes Edinburgh weren’t at full strength but that was the performance we have waited all season for.

It’s amazing what happens when you retain the ball and build up play, rather than hitting it long into an immobile Target Man. All season I have said Carrick is wasted out wide, look what happens when you play him through the middle.

Half of me wondered if Darren Young has already spoken to the squad and has told the players playing today that those are the players he wants to build the new squad around, and to go out and prove that he is right to do that.

Carrick will reap the plaudits, and quite rightly so, he was lively, worked extremely hard and bagged a deserved Hattrick for his troubles but the work done by Jack Leitch and by Ray Grant, shouldn’t go unnoticed. The 3 of them strolled the game and stamped their authority on it from minute one and showed their class. Banner and Dunsmore also supported well, retained the ball and broke up play. Moore was lively, full of effort but don’t see much of the ball in the danger areas. Hancock on the left flank again showed his class, he goes back to Aberdeen a better player, but also one with a big future in the game. McGeachie also grew into the game and had so many positive runs down the right hand side and never looked in any trouble. Talking about strolling it, McLean was a class act at the back, oh how he has been missed and on this performance, I hope he is offered something because he showed he still has it.

The next few weeks will be interesting and today adds to the frustration of the season because we showed we did have it, we just didn’t do it, but what a way to end the season. The players can be proud tonight.

Finally, I hope Ben Stirling has a speedy recovery from his injury today and it doesn’t affect next season for him. The way he went down after running, suggests it’s a serious one but I hope the lad is ok, never good to see at any point, never mind at the end of the season.

I don't think Jack Leighfield will want to watch the highlights package of this game. Culpable for the first, second and fourth goals and shaky throughout. 

Well done to the binos. And thanks for the free pie! Good luck next season. On today's showing we'll be back at Forthbank twice next year...

5 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I don't think Jack Leighfield will want to watch the highlights package of this game. Culpable for the first, second and fourth goals and shaky throughout. 

Well done to the binos. And thanks for the free pie! Good luck next season. On today's showing we'll be back at Forthbank twice next year...

Cheers, good luck in the playoffs.

A meaningless end of season game, but a good result and excellent performance. Where have that lot been for the last six months? It's easy to play pretty football when the opposition stands off and lets you. We're a different team when the opposition are in our faces making us fight for every ball, not enough players with character. Too often this season we've played like the team in yellow did yesterday 

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If Ruby had been at the game he would have seen the cracking point blank save Jack also made.... :rolleyes: However we have wrapped Brian in cotton wool... 

I was at the game Tam but had gone off in search of the free pie ☺️ 🍴 so must have missed it!

Edited by RubyTuesday

I was at the game Tam but had gone off in search of the free pie [emoji5] [emoji486] so must have missed it!

How did you find the pie?? First time I’ve had one since the new catering company took it over and I have to say I was impressed.