Dumbarton Vs Clyde

16 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Generally he was alright without being anything special, what I would say is in the run in to the promotion season he was outstanding from March onwards. 

I would totally agree with that. No doubt he has some tekers and we witnessed some bits of real skill, unfortunately injuries stopped him from carrying on that form the following season. Definitely a good player in there if he can stay clear of injury.

On 28/04/2022 at 12:20, microdave said:

Did I see somewhere that he'd been getting treatment for shinsplints for years and it turned out to be a hairline fracture which has now been treated and that was the reason he's been out for so long?

I believe he told Faz that Clyde had misdiagnosed an injury which had led to him being out longer than he should, but then he spent much of this season injured as well, so I'm not sure if that was just bullshit to earn a deal or if there was any truth to it and he was just unlucky this season. 

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I believe he told Faz that Clyde had misdiagnosed an injury which had led to him being out longer than he should, but then he spent much of this season injured as well, so I'm not sure if that was just bullshit to earn a deal or if there was any truth to it and he was just unlucky this season. 

That’s interesting but would be quite surprising - I think Mr McKinlay and the rest of our medical dept are fairly well thought of but these things can happen

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

That’s interesting but would be quite surprising - I think Mr McKinlay and the rest of our medical dept are fairly well thought of but these things can happen

Aye, not suggesting there was anything sinister or Syvertsen was blaming Clyde, just that was apparently the reason given for his lack of fitness. I just pray the boy has got himself fit enough to turn it on during the play offs, the type of player who could be the difference when playing League 2 opposition. 

On 28/04/2022 at 11:04, Jan Vojáček said:

Hopefully Faz totally rotates for this and saves anyone getting injured for the playoffs. It would be nice to win a home game against someone other than East Fife at least once this season. But I'm really not fussed in the slightest about the result. Given how our season has gone I would fully expect someone like Josh, Paton or Stanger to pick up an injury and be ruled out for the season if we played them in this.

Wondered what our most rotated squad possible would look like. And I'd imagine it might be something like this:

Ramsbottom

Lynch Bronsky Hutchinson Muir

Wilson McKee Carswell Wylde

Orsi Syvertsen

That's assuming Adam Hutchinson is A) Injury free and B) Still kicking around somewhere. I'm sure it was said he was CB too, so lets pop him there to save Stanger and Buchanan for the Edinburgh games. Wee Sam Muir deserves a run out too. He sits on his arse every single week without a hope of any gametime, and I feel a bit sorry for him. I genuinely don't think he's a bad player. He's just not ready for this level yet.

I was close.

That team My God!

get this season finished as soon as possible, it’s been self inflicted garbage. Quite unbelievable that this game is meaningless. Would never have thought for one second we would survive 

Edited by FREDDYFRY