Dumbarton Vs Clyde

Hopefully Faz totally rotates for this and saves anyone getting injured for the playoffs. It would be nice to win a home game against someone other than East Fife at least once this season. But I'm really not fussed in the slightest about the result. Given how our season has gone I would fully expect someone like Josh, Paton or Stanger to pick up an injury and be ruled out for the season if we played them in this.

Wondered what our most rotated squad possible would look like. And I'd imagine it might be something like this:

Ramsbottom

Lynch Bronsky Hutchinson Muir

Wilson McKee Carswell Wylde

Orsi Syvertsen

That's assuming Adam Hutchinson is A) Injury free and B) Still kicking around somewhere. I'm sure it was said he was CB too, so lets pop him there to save Stanger and Buchanan for the Edinburgh games. Wee Sam Muir deserves a run out too. He sits on his arse every single week without a hope of any gametime, and I feel a bit sorry for him. I genuinely don't think he's a bad player. He's just not ready for this level yet.

Nothing game.. fortunately for us as we are really struggling. As usual if we are missing 2-3 of our better players eg Splain then We have literally nobody else to bring in who can do a job. The whole squad is completely split between 8 or so players who can hold their own in L1 and the rest who would not get a game in a mid table L2 side. 

I expect a comfortable home win but don’t take any confidence from it it’s a false indicator much like the first game of the season where Danny had one of his frequent brain storm team selections. Which ironically he did again at the second game at Broadwood!

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hopefully Faz totally rotates for this and saves anyone getting injured for the playoffs. It would be nice to win a home game against someone other than East Fife at least once this season. But I'm really not fussed in the slightest about the result. Given how our season has gone I would fully expect someone like Josh, Paton or Stanger to pick up an injury and be ruled out for the season if we played them in this.

Wondered what our most rotated squad possible would look like. And I'd imagine it might be something like this:

Ramsbottom

Lynch Bronsky Hutchinson Muir

Wilson McKee Carswell Wylde

Orsi Syvertsen

That's assuming Adam Hutchinson is A) Injury free and B) Still kicking around somewhere. I'm sure it was said he was CB too, so lets pop him there to save Stanger and Buchanan for the Edinburgh games. Wee Sam Muir deserves a run out too. He sits on his arse every single week without a hope of any gametime, and I feel a bit sorry for him. I genuinely don't think he's a bad player. He's just not ready for this level yet.

How many games has Syvertsen managed this season just out of curiosity?

7 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

How many games has Syvertsen managed this season just out of curiosity?

Six between July and August. Nowt between September and March 26. And then five since then. Only made one start all season though, and that was in July, but - assuming he's made it through training this week injury free - Faz said he's hoping to start him on Saturday.

It won't be a surprise to you guys that he's looked really good since he came back. I just have the fear every time he's near the ball that something will pop out of place and rule him out again. I actually get stressed watching him.

He's a lovely guy. And obviously incredibly handsome. I totally understand why the Clyde fans loved him. If he could string together more than two months in a row without then being out for nine he'd be nowhere near our diddy clubs.

Shameless self plug time - but he said he considered retirement after his injury this season. Clicky

He is a good player, but it’s hard for clubs like ours to justify contracts as we needs guys to play games. That’s my issue with Barry Cuddihy for example can we afford to offer him a contract if he is injured for more games that he says fit?

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

He is a good player, but it’s hard for clubs like ours to justify contracts as we needs guys to play games. That’s my issue with Barry Cuddihy for example can we afford to offer him a contract if he is injured for more games that he says fit?

Missed a little bit more this season (currently 27 apps) but with 28, 33 (shorter seasons), 40 and 41 apps respectively in his previous 4 years I would hardly say thats a player injured more often than not.

Edited by CM.

Syvertsen was brilliant during our run to promotion. Can only echo what Jan said too, he’s a lovely guy. Really unfortunate that he’s spent a huge chunk of every season he’s played in Scotland out with injuries. I’d love for him to stay injury free and really kick on because he certainly has the talent.

18 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Was Syvertsen a futsal player at one point?

Yes! I'm fairly certain he played internationally. One of the main worries when he signed was how that would translate to *actual* football.

I absolutely love the guy and was made up for him that he scored that late winner the other week. Unfortunately clubs at this level can't afford to be paying wages to laddies that play <10 games a season so I thought the answer was maybe signing amateur terms somewhere to prove his fitness (preferably at Clyde). He's still very young, so hopefully he kicks on and shows what he can do.