Hearts v Ross County

I'm taking my nephew to this and his last game was 0-0 after AET against Livingston

I appreciate that Ross County could do with getting something out of the game but if you can do that by serving up a 3-3 draw with several goal of the season candidates that would be grand

Apparently the famously "non UEFA compliant pitch" at Tynecastle is in good company.

Anfield's small pitch is good enough for a champions league semi final but not for the European championships

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/euro-2028-stadiums-anfield-ineligible-26798434

20 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apparently the famously "non UEFA compliant pitch" at Tynecastle is in good company.

Anfield's small pitch is good enough for a champions league semi final but not for the European championships

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/euro-2028-stadiums-anfield-ineligible-26798434

^^^ “We have something in common with quadruple chasing Liverpool.  Both our pitches are substandard.”

That was an great save by Gordon. Thought it was a good one initially, but the behind the goal camera shot shows it was even better than I thought.

On 29/04/2022 at 15:20, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm taking my nephew to this and his last game was 0-0 after AET against Livingston

I appreciate that Ross County could do with getting something out of the game but if you can do that by serving up a 3-3 draw with several goal of the season candidates that would be grand

And another no-score draw. Clearly your nephew is some sort of jinx. Teach him to use his powers for good, not evil.

Well, no-one got injured.

It would be nice if Boyce rediscovered his shooting boots before the final. Having said that, I think I've come to the conclusion over his time here that he is simply not a good finisher. I had precisely zero confidence I'd see the net bulge when he was through on goal near the end.

He's a clever player and he's got good points to his game but I'd probably be looking to upgrade over the summer when we're assembling the Gorgie Galacticos with our new-found millions.

Hope you're not taking him to the final.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

Well, no-one got injured.

It would be nice if Boyce rediscovered his shooting boots before the final. Having said that, I think I've come to the conclusion over his time here that he is simply not a good finisher. I had precisely zero confidence I'd see the net bulge when he was through on goal near the end.

He's a clever player and he's got good points to his game but I'd probably be looking to upgrade over the summer when we're assembling the Gorgie Galacticos with our new-found millions.

What are your coaches doing to him?  He’s the best finisher I’ve ever seen at County, and it isn’t remotely close. 

Boyce is an absolutely smashing player. I could name at least a half dozen players I'd see the arse of before him. Us Hearts fans though, we've got this disease. We crave strikers that can score goals. Crave them. Then when we get them, we call them c***s. Juanma, Isma, Boycie, we hardly knew ye. 

What are your coaches doing to him?  He’s the best finisher I’ve ever seen at County, and it isn’t remotely close. 

He was on fire at the start of the season then he was in and out of the team with a calf problem and he’s struggled for form since coming back

Celtic at home and Hearts away? I'd have taken 5th before a ball was kicked!

I said at the start of the split I reckon 5 points would’ve been enough for us if the win comes against either United or Motherwell. The importance of next Saturday is absolutely colossal. We win that and I think that’s it done.