Scotlands games to be broadcast on Nordic streaming platform.

Lofarl

5 hours ago, monthefife said:

So am I correct in thinking that Channel S4C put in the highest bid for Wales coverage?

And yet BBC Scotland/STV can't even match or better that offer? I suppose it's our own stupid fault for being taken for absolute mugs and subscribing whatever fee Premier Sports TV are willing to charge. I've heard it's a useless streaming service as well. 

I'm still not convinced that there's absolutely nothing the SFA can do about this. 

What do you think the SFA could have done about this?

On 20/05/2022 at 12:25, The Master said:

In fairness, £30 gets you a decent amount of football if you subscribe for a couple of months from June 1st - both Scotland games (not including the play-offs), all the other Nations League games except England, and half a dozen or so League Cup group games in July. And no Old Firm in sight. 

Use one of those disposable card apps and you don’t run into cancellation issues either. 

I cancelled Sky Sports at £30 a month and paid £70 for a year of Premier Sport, better value for the Scotland games, rarely watched other Sky football.

22 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Kind of weird that some folk in Scotland disparage Gaelic but do their nut about S4C. 

Still, if that's what it takes for folk to think about supporting Gaelic, it's fine by me.  Cùm ort! 

(I'm a learner.) 

Gaelic has been heavily politicalised  by unionist in recent years, See Irish as another example in NI

I don’t think that’s the same in Wales  with the language 

Premier Sports coverage of the match was pretty decent the other night. A lengthy build-up, Hamilton is undoubtedly an upgrade on Crocker, McCoist is always good on comms and McFadden (& even Hutton) weren’t bad in the punditry. Additionally, unlike on some of PS’ other showcased matches ours didn’t crash. 

18 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Gaelic has been heavily politicalised  by unionist in recent years, See Irish as another example in NI

I don’t think that’s the same in Wales  with the language 

Mental given the most Gaelic part of Scotland could show Larkhall a thing or two about being a Rangersy GSTQ staunchold 

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Premier Sports coverage of the match was pretty decent the other night. A lengthy build-up, Hamilton is undoubtedly an upgrade on Crocker, McCoist is always good on comms and McFadden (& even Hutton) weren’t bad in the punditry. Additionally, unlike on some of PS’ other showcased matches ours didn’t crash. 

That's all good 

But we want it to be free and available on terrestrial TV for all,  like England and Wales 

22 hours ago, Binos said:

That's all good 

But we want it to be free and available on terrestrial TV for all,  like England and Wales 

Well aye obviously. Doesn’t take anything away from what I said though.

• 1 month later...

Posted over in the League Cup thread, but relevant here as well - Viaplay have officially acquired Premier Sports.

https://www.viaplaygroup.com/news/news-releases/viaplay-group-acquires-premier-sports-and-accelerates-entry-uk-2037710

Good news, because it reduces some of the fragmentation of Scottish football rights, and maybe even brings in another big player to challenge for the SPFL rights when they come up again. 

• 9 months later...