Scotlands games to be broadcast on Nordic streaming platform.

Lofarl

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Can’t blame the SFA for this one, but I’ll be continuing my policy of not subscribing to Premier Sports

In fairness, £30 gets you a decent amount of football if you subscribe for a couple of months from June 1st - both Scotland games (not including the play-offs), all the other Nations League games except England, and half a dozen or so League Cup group games in July. And no Old Firm in sight. 

Use one of those disposable card apps and you don’t run into cancellation issues either. 

So UK terrestrial broadcasters that Scottish people essentially invest in by default are willing to fork out for England games, but not the other 'home nations'?

Terrific stuff.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

The Office No GIF

To be fair, that is specifically because Welsh (unlike Gaelic) is an official language of the UK, and presumably Premier have followed Sky in not bothering their arses to do a Welsh language broadcast.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

To be fair, that is specifically because Welsh (unlike Gaelic) is an official language of the UK, and presumably Premier have followed Sky in not bothering their arses to do a Welsh language broadcast.

It's an outrage however it's dressed up 

I doubt I'm alone in saying I'd rather watch Scotland games in Gaelic, a language I don't speak, for free, than pay a subscription to watch them in English. I think a lot of the time S4C has a red button option to watch with English commentary, anyway. 

In short, it's bollocks, Scottish fans are being treated as second rate citizens and MPs/MSPs should be moaning about this.

Simple solution is the UK government passes a law that all Home Nation Qualifiers have to be free to air, same as the cup finals, Wimbledon, the sodding Boat Race and a few other events.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, Flash said:

The play-off final is live on STV and S4C. Seems to be on STV even if Scotland aren’t in it.

BBC

It’ll be on STV because it’s on ITV.

The only difference will be whether they do their own coverage (presenters, pundits, commentators) - Wales v Scotland, yes; Wales v Ukraine, no. 

15 hours ago, The Master said:

It’ll be on STV because it’s on ITV.

The only difference will be whether they do their own coverage (presenters, pundits, commentators) - Wales v Scotland, yes; Wales v Ukraine, no. 

World Cup qualifiers aren’t within the list of events that have to be free to air (World cup proper, Euros, Wimbledon etc.) so it wouldn’t have been on ITV anyways. The way it’s been worded it is as if STV/ITV have came to some sort of agreement with Sky to show the game similar C4 brokering a deal with Amazon or Sky to show the US Open final or the last F1 race of the season recently. It actually wouldn’t surprise me if it is Sky sports coverage just shown on STV/ITV (similar to the above 2 events) as that’s basically free advertising for Sky thrown in to the deal.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

It is on ITV though, which to me implies that they have done the deal to show the game (bearing in mind Wales doesn't have its own English language equivalent to ITV like we do), and that STV are piggybacking on that deal as they often do. I'm not convinced that STV were the ones leading this negotiation.

17 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Got an email to say that premier are doing a years subscription for £70. I was probably going to bite the bullet and do it anyway for the Armenia away game so will save some money at least.

Just paid my £70 for this.  Probably just about worth it for the Scotland games and both domestic cups?  Oh and the email said the offer was for this weekend only.

8 hours ago, resk said:

Just paid my £70 for this.  Probably just about worth it for the Scotland games and both domestic cups?  Oh and the email said the offer was for this weekend only.

Just subscribed also. Was thinking about subscribing for June and July for £30 for the Nations League and League Cup group games but worth paying the extra £40 for the whole year.