Scotlands games to be broadcast on Nordic streaming platform.

Lofarl

30 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I remember watching us beat Slovenia 3-0 in the 2006 World Cup qualifying on BBC, not sure if the whole campaign was broadcast on the BBC mind you but that game definitely was.

Yeah, around that time all of the away qualifiers were on BBC with the home ones on sky. I can’t remember exactly when sky took over the away ones too (must have been pretty soon after because the famous win in Paris was definitely on sky) but when I was a teenager we didn’t have sky at home and illegal streaming sites weren’t around so I used to watch the away games on BBC and listen to the home ones on the radio 

It’s a fucking joke our games are going to be behind a paywall 
Its bad enough out domestic game gets treated as the sideshow by UK broadcasters, but now our national teams will be
I wonder if any other countries have a similar set up for its national game 

Wales and Northern Ireland.

50 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Yeah, around that time all of the away qualifiers were on BBC with the home ones on sky. I can’t remember exactly when sky took over the away ones too (must have been pretty soon after because the famous win in Paris was definitely on sky) but when I was a teenager we didn’t have sky at home and illegal streaming sites weren’t around so I used to watch the away games on BBC and listen to the home ones on the radio 

Nah I remember watching it on BBC. Think Sky started the away games in the Euro 16 qualifiers.

On 03/05/2022 at 21:58, John Lambies Doos said:
On 27/04/2022 at 10:41, Clown Job said:
I see England games are going to Channel 4
We are getting absolutely shafted.

All Ireland football and rugby matches on cooncil tele. Of course we are getting shafted, been bent right over yet again.

They are on the protected sporting events list that the EU allows. In Ireland it includes ECQ,WCQ, EC&WC games involving Ireland, Rugby World Cup games involving Ireland, GAA finals, Olympics and the Nations Cup in showjumping !   IRFU lobby like crazy to avoid the 6 nations joining the list each time. 

They are on the protected sporting events list that the EU allows. In Ireland it includes ECQ,WCQ, EC&WC games involving Ireland, Rugby World Cup games involving Ireland, GAA finals, Olympics and the Nations Cup in showjumping !   IRFU lobby like crazy to avoid the 6 nations joining the list each time. 
And good for Ireland [emoji1132] [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

I see the Scotland v Armenia game on their list but nothing regarding Ireland v Scotland.

The rights are sold as a package so they’ll show that too. It’s just on on their website yet.

Edit: it seems that all the Nations League games they had listed have been taken down. I'd imagine they are showing them, but someone has jumped the gun ahead of an official announcement.

Edited by The Master

Given they're hardly likely to show Thistle games, I hadn't really had much exposure to Premier Sports, just hearing how bad they were.  Watched the recent Old Firm Cup games with Mother-in-law's partner when it was on and fucking hell it was dreadful.  Free-to-air TV shouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of coverage, let alone a paid service.

Premier Sports deal confirmed. All games in the Nations League 2022/23, and all Euro 2024 qualifiers. 

Commitment to showing at least 3 games FTA (presumably on FreeSports) and free same-day highlights. Whether that means through their own channels or sub-licensing to the BBC as Sky did isn’t clear. 

https://www.premiersports.com/sports/football/uefa-nations-league-live

Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and get premier sports then. I’ll be at all of the home games but don’t want to miss the away ones. Shite state of affairs.

At least I’ll get my money’s worth with the Dons playing in the league cup group stage…

Premier Sports to broadcast Scotland Men’s National Team matches until 2024 | Scottish FA | News  

Scottish FA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell: “It is an exciting time for the Scotland Men’s National Team and we are pleased to welcome Premier Sports as the broadcast partner of the national side to grow their existing domestic Scottish football coverage.”

“Premier Sports have been a tremendous supporter of Scottish football since they became the broadcast partner for the Scottish Cup in 2018 and it comes as no surprise to see them recognise the value of Scottish football by becoming the broadcast partner for our men’s national side.

Thats a really poor spelling of "terrible"