Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I thought Aaron Muirhead was supposed to despise Queen of the South?

Milne and Dowds are a good start, zmilne particularly, but we still need a right back, a second goalkeeper, some proper wingers and another forward at an absolute minimum.

And we need to pray that Scott Tiffoney stays, but I don’t think he will. 

He does, that’s why I doubt it’s true.

Is there any specific reason why? 
Probably your typical bitter ex-QoS youth tbh.

Given his lack of goading/he had a wee word with Wullie at the end, it wouldn't surprise me if this one came off. And in all honesty he wouldn't be the worst signing for League 1.

The stuff with Muirhead always seemed to come more from QOS fans not liking him rather than the other way about. Certainly since he’s joined Ayr that’s been the case. He’ll be a decent enough player in League 1 but he’s not the physical hard man that he tries to portray himself as. He’s a just a shite bag who can’t defend very well.

36 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is there any specific reason why? 

Also just him being a wee w**k anytime he plays us, and he’s had a lot of stick off us since the Challenge Cup Final head butt.

Guest Flash
7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The stuff with Muirhead always seemed to come more from QOS fans not liking him rather than the other way about. Certainly since he’s joined Ayr that’s been the case. He’ll be a decent enough player in League 1 but he’s not the physical hard man that he tries to portray himself as. He’s a just a shite bag who can’t defend very well.

Sounds like our kind of player.

There was that mutual dislike long before he joined Ayr tbh.

Last season Muirhead was one of the few players who actually looked like he gave a f**k and a lot of us would have had him as player of the season.

That said more about the rest of the team but you get the impression that the “hype” from last season has gone to his head. Feels like there’s a bit of an arrogance now where everything that happens is someone else’s fault.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is far too harsh - I’m not sure why he is a shitebag tbh. 

He is a lower end championship player who is useful as a squad filler type as he can play a couple of positions relatively competently. I wouldn’t want him to be a starter next year (if we are in the championship) but he is better than Houston at RB and would just be another player we need to replace. There isn’t any point in turning over players for the sake of it. 

This is far too harsh - I’m not sure why he is a shitebag tbh. 
He is a lower end championship player who is useful as a squad filler type as he can play a couple of positions relatively competently. I wouldn’t want him to be a starter next year (if we are in the championship) but he is better than Houston at RB and would just be another player we need to replace. There isn’t any point in turning over players for the sake of it. 

Absolutely he’s a squad filler but for someone who’s supposed to be an experienced squad player he doesn’t exactly come across as someone that players would look to in a game. Most of the time when played next to Houston he just ends up roasting him and playing shite passes that can put Houston, the goalkeeper or midfielder under pressure. He’s been unfortunate that he’s been stuck in midfield for large parts of this season but he’s also been here through the last two years of staleness and shite and I think we could do with a clear out in that department. I don’t think he’s ever likely to recover with us and become more than a lower end Championship player.

57 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Robbie Mutch to cove.

😯

Geographically makes some sense, out of contract too and Hartley knows him from his time at Falkirk but he wouldn't be my first choice.

I was hoping we could sneak a loan of Dabrowski who I think is top quality. Josh Rae has impressed me but I suspect there will be a few after him.

Muirhead was for me one of the must keeps during the McCall to Kerr transition, for continuity, experience, and versatility.
If we stay up I'm in the can go camp as he's probably served his time but I've a feeling Bullen will want him around regardless of where we end up.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Absolutely he’s a squad filler but for someone who’s supposed to be an experienced squad player he doesn’t exactly come across as someone that players would look to in a game. Most of the time when played next to Houston he just ends up roasting him and playing shite passes that can put Houston, the goalkeeper or midfielder under pressure. He’s been unfortunate that he’s been stuck in midfield for large parts of this season but he’s also been here through the last two years of staleness and shite and I think we could do with a clear out in that department. I don’t think he’s ever likely to recover with us and become more than a lower end Championship player.

I do get your point, although I can absolutely see why he gets frustrated at Houston. I obviously wouldn’t be bothered if he left (if we were in the champ) but we have enough to do this summer regardless of which league we are in IMO. We are unlikely to do better in terms of a squad filler really.

34 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

😯

Geographically makes some sense, out of contract too and Hartley knows him from his time at Falkirk but he wouldn't be my first choice.

I was hoping we could sneak a loan of Dabrowski who I think is top quality. Josh Rae has impressed me but I suspect there will be a few after him.

Think 90+% of Falkirk fans don’t want him as number 1 next season. 

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I can't say I've seen much of him other than watching some highlights and when he's played against us. We took in Gourlay last season and he's rightly been sat on the bench the whole campaign. Did alright at Easter Road but surely will be loaned out or released to make way for a new keeper coming in.

McKenzie, our number 1,  is a decent shot stopper but not that commanding of his box it must be said.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

When i sit down to watch my weekly Falkirk highlights bonanza, ( more often than not,  the highlight of my weekend) Mutch is the one player who always seems to perform well, particularly with the calamity in front of him, literally every fecking week.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I can't say I've seen much of him other than watching some highlights and when he's played against us. We took in Gourlay last season and he's rightly been sat on the bench the whole season. Did alright at Easter Road but surely will be loaned out or released to make way for a new keeper coming in

He’s still relatively young but this goal sums up his last 2 seasons.

6 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Well it’s strongly rumoured Gaston is away to coach rangers full time, and he’s the only first team regular not signed. Antell also cannot be trusted whatsoever so it’s hardly ridiculous to suggest we will be signing 2 keepers

I wasn’t claiming it to be ridiculous. My point is that you said there were no rumours and proceeded to say you needed 2 keepers “if rumours were to be believed”