Transfer Rumours

52 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

The only rumour for ICT at the minute is Reece McAlear.

Fwiw, what do fans think we need next season? I'd say a 20+ goal a season striker if at all possible. 

McAlear has been linked to Killie and a few clubs already in the premiership so he will be nowhere near us next season, unfortunately. 

We need desperately a left back and a right back. Milne is a great signing for Partick and is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. Though it must be said I don’t think we could offer the same sort of money that he would have been offered to go to Partick/stay at cove.

Edited by PB1994

42 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

McAlear has been linked to Killie and a few clubs already in the premiership so he will be nowhere near us next season, unfortunately. 

We need desperately a left back and a right back. Milne is a great signing for Partick and is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. Though it must be said I don’t think we could offer the same sort of money that he would have been offered to go to Partick/stay at cove.

How do you know he's the type of player to think about money, maybe he enjoys it in Inverness and will sign permanently 😛

Yeah, I agree we need both Right and left backs as we can't rely on Carson/Duffy at RB or Deas/Harper at LB, we need Carson in Central Midfield and Duffy at CB or as CB cover.

Probably another attacking Midfielder if Chalmers isn't getting loan extended (which is a certainty, he'll be playing for Utd next season, 100%).

So we need: RB, LB (cover), AM, CM (if Reece leaves as you seem certain will happen) and a striker to replace Hardy (I wouldn't sign him as he hasn't done anything of note whilst on loan!).  I would take Pearson back though, providing he's over his heartache or personal issue that led to his return to Bristol City  

Then it comes down to who leaves via offers, maybe Deas (in which case we'd need 2 LBs).

Anyway, that's for another day as we have 6 (hopefully) huge games coming up after Friday :).

Fwiw, what do fans think we need next season? I'd say a 20+ goal a season striker if at all possible. 

I think if you were to ask all 42 teams in Scotland what they’ll want, they’ll all put that as top of their priority list as there’s possibly only 3 or 4 strikers in Scotland that’s actually broke 20 goals this season.

Good one 

Well it’s strongly rumoured Gaston is away to coach rangers full time, and he’s the only first team regular not signed. Antell also cannot be trusted whatsoever so it’s hardly ridiculous to suggest we will be signing 2 keepers

I thought Aaron Muirhead was supposed to despise Queen of the South?

Milne and Dowds are a good start, zmilne particularly, but we still need a right back, a second goalkeeper, some proper wingers and another forward at an absolute minimum.

And we need to pray that Scott Tiffoney stays, but I don’t think he will. 

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Well it’s strongly rumoured Gaston is away to coach rangers full time, and he’s the only first team regular not signed. Antell also cannot be trusted whatsoever so it’s hardly ridiculous to suggest we will be signing 2 keepers

I mentioned Antell when he first signed for you guys that I was surprised he did,poor keeper whenever I saw him for Edinburgh City.Who else do you think will be leaving Arbroath?

I mentioned Antell when he first signed for you guys that I was surprised he did,poor keeper whenever I saw him for Edinburgh City.Who else do you think will be leaving Arbroath?

Cost us big time against Raith a few weeks back, before that wouldn’t have been averse to him staying but there’s no way he could play again after that IMO. Gaston, Antell, Swankie, Hilson, Ford & Bakare likely to all be away plus the loans of Hamilton x2 & Wighton expiring.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Cost us big time against Raith a few weeks back, before that wouldn’t have been averse to him staying but there’s no way he could play again after that IMO. Gaston, Antell, Swankie, Hilson, Ford & Bakare likely to all be away plus the loans of Hamilton x2 & Wighton expiring.

Yeah  a heard about that from a smokie supporting friend.He also was in goal when Paul watson scored from the half way line for us against Edinburgh city.Would take Dale Hilson for sure!

Gaston away?

Been rumoured for a while that Rangers want him full time for the coaching side. Would make sense if he’s involved with the B team, since they play every Saturday in the lowland league etc. The fact he’s our only first team regular out of contract would point to this as well