Best of the worst - Livingston versus Hibernian

A pivotal game, this one - the two worst-behaved teams in the top-tier duke it out in a hotly contested cardfest to determine the ugliest team in Scotland

David Martindale clearly has his team well-drilled in terms of foul rotation, with their 82 yellow cards (the most in the league) only netting them 5 red cards. Meanwhile Hibernian's mid-table tally of only 70 yellow cards have netted them a table-topping 8 red cards so far this season, but on the plus side, Ryan Porteous will be serving out his fourth disciplinary suspension this season, boosting Hibernian's chances of ending the match with 11 players on the pitch.

The match officiating is likely to be pivotal in this game, with referee Chris Graham an unknown quantity, this being his first ever Scottish Premiership game. While he's untested at this level, he did manage to send off three players at an Ayr versus Raith league game earlier this season, suggesting he's perfectly able to whip out a card or three when he needs to.

Meanwhile, if you're one of those nerds who cares about meaningless statistics, there is also the chance that one team might score more goals than the other to mathematically assure them of mid-to-low-table Premiership football next season, but who gives a toss?

This game could see both sides safe from relegation completely with a draw pending other results. Would be fun to just kick f**k out each other and forget about scoring goals :D Let this rookie ref go mental with his cards

Konovalov

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Boyes  -  Longridge

Pittman  -  Holt  -  Omeonga*

Nouble  -  Anderson**  -  Shinnie

*Not sure if Omeonga will be out injured, would prefer to see McMillan or Sibbald if possible instead of Kelly in his place.

**Anderson probably isn't fit and just making up the numbers on the bench, but a boy can dream. Probably stick Soto there if we think we'll have him back on loan next season, or Nouble/Shinnie in the middle and Bailey on the wing.

Probably safe to assume neither of these teams are ending up in the play off. Hopefully get some goals and meaty tackles, 3-2 and a couple red cards.

19 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I might well go to Livi on Saturday.....................but only to buy some new jeans.

No danger I am going to watch this one.

Score draw, both teams safe and warm handshakes all round.

I'm going to Stereofunk on Saturday instead. 

42 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I'm going to Stereofunk on Saturday instead. 

Cannae remember the last time I was at a festival..............suspect I am too old for all the standing round now.

Did a decent cycle in East Lothian yesterday and up Pentlands with the boy today - I am a broken man.

If there was an auld b*****ds "VIP zone" with nice comfy seats, serving Bains Pies and excellent  cask Ales, I would be right up fer it - but suspect that aint happening 😆

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Cannae remember the last time I was at a festival..............suspect I am too old for all the standing round now.

Did a decent cycle in East Lothian yesterday and up Pentlands with the boy today - I am a broken man.

If there was an auld b*****ds "VIP zone" with nice comfy seats, serving Bains Pies and excellent  cask Ales, I would be right up fer it - but suspect that aint happening 😆

Only going for a day out myself mate. It was either that or watch a bottom six meaningless fixture. 

This has 3-3 written all over it.

Spoiler

Funny GIF

If Forrest is available it's a good opportunity for him to seal the deal on his Hearts interest, scoring a couple against Hibs. They couldn't handle him in our last game here, and he got Hanlon sent off, scored the winner in our 3-2 win at ER too. Surprised Hibs aren't interested in him tbh, always plays well against them.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If Forrest is available it's a good opportunity for him to seal the deal on his Hearts interest, scoring a couple against Hibs. They couldn't handle him in our last game here, and he got Hanlon sent off, scored the winner in our 3-2 win at ER too. Surprised Hibs aren't interested in him tbh, always plays well against them.

Minter 😆 

Just oozes desperation to offload a decent player.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Minter 😆 

Just oozes desperation to offload a decent player.

I'd be delighted if he stays, certainly don't want him to leave, but with all the rumours going about it isn't looking very good for him being with us next season.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Going swimming with the kids to Perth, they get a lot more excitement going down the flumes than I get sitting watching this pish so it wins hands down. 

2-0 Livi.  

Perth pool must be the go to place when the alternative is pish 😜

Last time I was there was 10 years ago - an afternoon away from the pissing rain when we were away with my boy and his pals camping.

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Perth pool must be the go to place when the alternative is pish 😜

Last time I was there was 10 years ago - an afternoon away from the pissing rain when we were away with my boy and his pals camping.

It's class there for the kids mate.  Outdoor bit they love jumping into, mats, river rapids flumes and bit for the toddler.   Spent 4 hours there on Monday and time flew by.  Usually love an away day to Livi too but this season has scunnered me man. 

On 26/04/2022 at 18:03, Leith Green said:

I might well go to Livi on Saturday.....................but only to buy some new jeans.

No danger I am going to watch this one.

Score draw, both teams safe and warm handshakes all round.

Annan Athletic v Kelty Hearts for me, tick off another ground, probably be more entertaining than this shite.

Subjecting myself to this as the old man wanted to go, first game since before lockdown so somewhat looking forward to it in my own grim way. Where would be the best place to park near the stadium?