Squads of horror

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Andy McNeil.

Andy McNeil was very much in the Jack Hamilton mould for us- came into the club with a horrific reputation from his previous clubs and had us fearing the worst, but turned out to be a more than competent deputy for Gaston and I’d have had no complaints about him taking the jersey. Was sorry to see him leave.

22 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

That was really tough, and there will be loads that I’ve forgotten about.

Goalkeepers: Ryan Scully, Sam Ramsbottom

Defence: Stephen Frail, Dylan Kerr, Anton Smith, Chris McLeod, Kevin McCann, Marc Fitzpatrick, Jonathan Page, Darren Cole.

McCann was easily twice the full back that Jamie McCormack was. And presumably Ben Sampayo was even worse, as McCormack kept him out of that bad AIDS 13/14 side. 

Derek Young was utterly mediocre rather than deserving a place in the all-time worst: we've had dozens of worse central midfielders. 

You have also omitted Henk van Scheik who Hopkin paid real, actual money for, only to release him after his honking displays in the League Cup and the first game of the season at Ayr. 

Otherwise the choices are reasonable enough from a very, very large selection pool.

Edited by vikingTON

I can go back as far as 1977 so I've quite a few to pick from: 

Goalkeepers: John Wilson (on loan from Celtic, played 4 games. Two clean sheets then conceded 11 in the next two), Nelson Still, Colin Stewart. 

Defenders: Kenny Brannigan, Derek Johnstone, Brendan McIntyre, Peter Shields, Tommy O'Hara

Midfielders: Alan Carson (was he a midfielder?), Dmytro Pronevych, Ian Cochrane, Brice Ntambwe, Eddie McGuinness, Ricky Gillies 

Forwards: Vladmir Mooc, Stevie Nicholls, Stevie Dallas, Joe Sweeney, Stevie Lennon