Squads of horror

As the season draws to a close I would like to congratulate Niyah Joseph, Innes Cameron and Ben Liddle on their inclusion in my own personal "Worst Players I've Ever Seen In A QOS Shirt" squad.  They've beaten off a lot of tough competition, but I think they deserve their places on merit.

The squad currently consists of:

GKs  -  Derrick Hoy, Rikki Fergusson, Archie McLean

DFs  -  John Gamble, Mark Campbell, Alan Gillespie, Chris Carr, Tom McDonald, David Smyth, Stuart Hill 

Mids  -  Tony Nelson, John Pelosi, Jake Pickard, Tom Parratt, Niyah Joseph, Stephen Simmons, Ben Liddle

Fwds  -  Emilio Jaconelli, Chris "even worse than Tam Brighton" Armstrong, John Dickson, Paul Heffernan, Innes Cameron

As a disclaimer I realise that there are a vast number of players that I've probably forgotten about or was never unlucky enough to witness in action for Queens who could probably displace some of the above, and as a point of reference my first match was in 1979 and I didn't attend many games in the 1990s, but I'm welcome to suggestions from Queens fans of other fuds you think should be included.

So people, who would make your own gash 22 at your club?

Gk: Ally Brown, Darren Martin

Df: Darren Brownlie, Kyle McAusland, Kevin McKinlay, Adam Cummings, Darryl Megatt, Scott McKenna, Jack Baird

Mid: James McKernon, Alex Burke, Ryan McStay, David Sinclair, Paul Slane, Calvin Miller, Grant Gillespie, Joe Chalmers, Jamie Barjonas.

Fw: Stephen Reynolds, Dale Shirkie, Jamie Thomas, Kris Doolan, Andre Wright, 

Calling a backwards cut off at 2010 (can't be arsed thinking further back)

Obviously there’s a bit of recency bias in there, and I only started going very regularly from the title winning season onwards, but here we go. I’ve also tried to exclude guys who made one appearance and disappeared or youth players who never made it. 

Goalkeepers: Thorsten Stuckmann, Cammy Bell, Bryn Halliwell

Defence: Darren Cole, Gabriel Picollo, Sean McGinty, Danny Devine, Tommy Robson, Tam O’Ware, Milan Ntriansky, Jake Carroll, Max Melbourne

Midfield: Martin Woods (coincidentally my least favourite ever Thistle player), Rafa De Vita, Jake Hastie, Jamie Barjonas,  Brice Ntambwe, Miles Storey, Jack Storer

Forwards: Nathan Ecclestone, Stevie Lennon, Ally Roy

From this season, I have a feeling that Juan Alegria will be cementing his place in this squad quite soon.

I’d also say that out of this lot, Brice Ntambwe was the worst player, and indeed possibly the worst player to ever get half a season at this level. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

GK - Jack Ruddy, Peter Cherrie, John Hillcoat

DEF - James McKinstry, David Lowing, Craig Reid, Kevin McKinlay, Murray Henderson, Chris Robertson, Austin McCann

Mids - David Hamilton, David Dunn, Ryan Caddis, Ryan McStay, Paul Slane, Paul Hyslop, Andy Cargill, Ally Woodburn,

Fwds - Junior Mendes, Dale Shirkie, Stuart Boyd, Ian Cashmore, Jonathan Afolabi

Df: Darren Brownlie, Kyle McAusland, Kevin McKinlay, Adam Cummings, Darryl Megatt, Scott McKenna, Jack Baird
Mid: James McKernon, Alex Burke, Ryan McStay, David Sinclair, Paul Slane, Calvin Miller, Grant Gillespie, Joe Chalmers, Jamie Barjonas.
Surely Jack Ruddy has to be one I'd the keepers

21 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

DEF - James McKinstry, David Lowing, Craig Reid, Kevin McKinlay, Murray Henderson, Chris Robertson, Austin McCann

Mids - David Hamilton, David Dunn, Ryan Caddis, Ryan McStay, Paul Slane, Paul Hyslop, Andy Cargill, Ally Woodburn,

Craig Reid should be nowhere near that IMO. Very much in the did a job category. 

57 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

When did Darren Martin play for us? Only Martin I can remember was Alan Martin who was pretty good I thought. 

55 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Fw: Stephen Reynolds

Quit football to sell ice cream iirc? His running technique was utterly bizarre, was like he had read instructions in written in Chinese (traditional not simplified). 

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
55 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

To be fair, you need to be a footballer to get onto the list......

Craig Reid? Surely not? Was probably one of our best players in the title run in before he got injured. Played centre back, right back and left back no bother in big games for us. Besides his own goal against Queens Park I can’t think of anything he really did wrong for us.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Craig Reid should be nowhere near that IMO. Very much in the did a job category. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Craig Reid? Surely not? Was probably one of our best players in the title run in before he got injured. Played centre back, right back and left back no bother in big games for us. Besides his own goal against Queens Park I can’t think of anything he really did wrong for us.

If that's the case, I probably have him confused with someone else.

Going to stick to 2010 onwards...

GK - Chris Smith, Deniz Mehmet, Michal Hrivnak 

DEF - Alex Keddie, Ross Graham, Stuart Urquhart, Kyle McAusland, Paddy Boyle, Jim Paterson

MID - Jamie Mole, Paul George, Andy Stirling, Chris Kane, Paul Burns, Sorel Chemin, Kyle Hutton

FWD - Gabby McGill, Robbie Muirhead, Myles Hippolyte

*shudder*

Paul George - The only time I've witnessed a sub being subbed in the flesh (injuries apart)

Currently playing for Dromara Village FC in Ireland........

Edited by da_no_1

43 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When did Darren Martin play for us? Only Martin I can remember was Alan Martin who was pretty good I thought. 

He was backup to Ally Brown. 

58 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I couldn't decide which of the outfield players to remove so I could include a third goalkeeper. 

Anelka squad is probably the one but for me the aftermath under Dalziel was worse. The hangover season which followed the Anelka season saw us let Dalziel recruit players and we had a spent Eddie Annand and Scott Crabbe waddling about and a defence that looked like it should be playing amateur football (Willie Lyle, Jed Stirling, Todd Lumsden and Chris McLeod) with Ally Brown in goals. Also a few panic signings throughout the season saw cameos from ginger Paul Hilland and that man Jaconelli was there too. Torture. 

The low point of the 2005-2006 season - and probably my all time low supporting Rovers - was the defeat to Queens Park in the Scottish Cup. 10th December 2005. Attendance: 702 people rattling around in Hampden. Watched alone. It was cold and depressing with no joy to be had. I went and got pissed afterwards in Glasgow with a pal who lives there but couldn’t be bothered with the Rovers. The team of shame that day is attached.

AC0306CE-5299-4B42-8918-EBED39F2C78E.png

36 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Going to stick to 2010 onwards...

GK - Chris Smith, Deniz Mehmet, Michal Hrivnak 

DEF - Alex Keddie, Ross Graham, Stuart Urquhart, Kyle McAusland, Paddy Boyle, Jim Paterson

MID - Jamie Mole, Paul George, Andy Stirling, Chris Kane, Paul Burns, Sorel Chemin, Kyle Hutton

FWD - Gabby McGill, Robbie Muirhead, Myles Hippolyte

*shudder*

Jamie Mole wisnae a midfielder.