Arbroath v Morton, 29 April

31 minutes ago, Pedro1874 said:

It’s been 15 minutes and it’s more clear than ever that Easedale isn’t a football player. 

You want to take odds that he's still in the squad for next season?

Hoping Dougie puts an end to this nonsense.

Edited by TONTROOPER

Pretty abysmal game so far. Lyon and Jacobs totally anonymous in midfield and showing why they have not been in the team.

None of the younger lads have caught the eye so far. King had a glorious chance when he was through on the keeper but took far too long to get the shot away.

Nobody really impressing so far.  

Proverbial men against boys and it showed. Dougie seemed determined not to make any subs and was eventually forced into it when McGregor went off with cramp - having went down with it about 30 mins before he was subbed but they kept him on. 

Suppose Dougie had to see what these guys can offer going into next season. 

Delighted to see the team play so well with so many changes to the line up. The result was never in doubt and should be a confidence booster for going into the play offs. 

Good performances all round but I think Ford and Bakare, in their first starts, may have been surprised with the physicality of the game, which was pretty standard for the Championship. 

Also delighted with the size of the crowd who turned out for what was a game with nothing really at stake.

Looking forward to the play offs, we have nothing to fear.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Campbell stating that the likes of Linn, Swankie & Gold will all start in today's Courier.

Just shows the Campbells are decent managers.  The hugely changed lineup was eager and  lively.  It never felt like a meaningless end of season affair.  Some nice passing movements and we really should have scored a few more.  Morton's young team never really threatened.  Congrats to the sizeable away contingent which was boisterous throughout despite little to cheer.

We played some really nice football tonight. I was impressed with the back 3. Is Henderson really out of contract this summer as the Courier said? He is a terrific player. I was disappointed for Bakare that he was subbed. He looked fast, strong and dangerous and very committed- he looked like he was trying to earn a starting place and deserved 90 minutes.

On 26/04/2022 at 19:36, SotesBornalichtie said:

Will there be a big crowd for this game on Friday evening? I've felt like the season is over since the Killie game.

I guess Morton will want to get the 3 points that could move them up a place, depending on other results, whereas we retain second place whether we win, lose or draw, so it's hard to get excited about the game. 

It'll be interesting to see how we line up, I would expect some players to be rested but then again the manager might want to keep everyone sharp.

I'd be surprised if the Championship player of the year doesn't go to a player from a club in the west, just hope that it's Tiffoney and not Lafferty.

Over 3000 turned up, the feel good factor and work to encourage the next generation is paying off 😊

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Swankie went out on a high last night. Some class passes, technically what a player. Looking forward to seeing him out on the town more in retirement

Had a good game, ending on a high

It was good to get a run out for Ford and Bakare.

Ford struggled to get in the game, big spells passed him by. The difference when Hamilton came on was obvious.

I thought Bakare looked like he might be able to offer something. He looks like one of those players who doesn't know what his own next move is so can be awkward to defend against. He might be able to fill a bit of the void left by Hilson's injury.

The tempo of the game was a bit lower which was to be expected given it was a dead rubber. This allowed Gav to get plenty of time on the ball and pick passes out. Henderson also offered some decent distribution from the back and Scott Stewart seems ideally suited as a wing back. However, there was a notable increase in intensity when we brought on the subs and they overwhelmed Morton.

We were excellent, change of shape, 9 changes to starting line up and pretty much strolled it. Interesting Campbell said players now have 5/6 days off but we certainly go into the play offs full of confidence after the huge low of last Friday.

Swankie a joy to watch, has it been confirmed he’s retiring? Think he should’ve been used a bit more. 

On 30/04/2022 at 01:04, Hayshead2 said:

Also well done morton fans hope you enjoyed your day.

Thought it was a great gesture by the Morton young team to come back into the ground via the home support exit, then sprint down to join the home support for the Arbroath lap of honour.