Fourth v 5th / 6th /7th

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Also to add, Conor Mcbride could comfortably be the worst loan I’ve ever seen at QP. The guy is so far out his depth it’s incredible. It’s quite astounding that he’s on the books at Blackburn 

The attempted pass down the left when we had that breakaway was something else 😂

Our 2016/17 amateur team had more League One wins than the current corn fed livestock. Even promotion wouldn’t make me respect them. It would simply mean they’d decided to show up for four games. Taken the club and the fans for a ride for 36 games. Send them all to Darvel. 

I’m sure the team will be gutted that they don’t have your respect if we go up. Maybe if there is any sort of celebration with the team you can tell them that?
If this does happen I’ll be too busy celebrating to worry about anything else. Will look forward though to reading your post next day about how much we didn’t deserve to go up.

Any team that achieves success for QP has my utmost respect.

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

I’m sure the team will be gutted that they don’t have your respect if we go up. Maybe if there is any sort of celebration with the team you can tell them that?
If this does happen I’ll be too busy celebrating to worry about anything else. Will look forward though to reading your post next day about how much we didn’t deserve to go up.

Any team that achieves success for QP has my utmost respect.

If you think they’ve given back as much as they’ve taken from the club this season, then fair enough. The best facilities, one of the best budgets, best treatments, and a chef equating to a 28% win record against part-time opposition. The style in which we do it is important now. These are well paid professionals. Not guys training twice a week and giving up their weekends for free.

We won more games at this level with a squad where very few of the guys went on to play at a higher level and weren’t earning hundreds of pounds per week. McGeever, Burns, McKernon, Brady, Galt etc. Decent part-time players, but their attitudes were first class. 

I’ll celebrate if we go up. Of course I will. I don’t like this squad of players, though. No point in pretending that I do. I think a significant number of them are happy picking up a wage and have done the bare minimum to get by. How many would you keep?

Indeed there are a number of them that I think should be punted but none I can think of due to attitude. I really do not believe that any footballer, professional or amateur, full time or part time, goes on to a pitch not caring whether they win or lose. Their ability, or lack of it, may make them give that appearance but it just does not happen that way. I would immediately thank the loanees for their service and wish them the best of luck. Doyle has had his day as has Grant, Longridge and Kilday. I like Davidson at full back and I would not be unhappy if Morrison stayed. Fox is a stick on for captain. Robson gets a pass, just, and I would keep Gillespie as a squad player. Brown obviously will stay but needs the occasional kick up the backside. Murray is made of glass and should go as should McHugh who overall has underperformed. I would keep Quitongo. Forgot about Moore, as you do. He goes. The really difficult spot for me is goalkeeper. Both Muir and Ferrie have strong points and weaknesses and I believe we need an improvement in that area. I would punt both if a replacement could be found. If so Heraghty is a fine prospect for No 2. The saddest one of all is Baynham. No idea what his condition is but it must be serious. I believe he could have been a star this season.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Was it that bad? I felt we were knocking the ball about well but Falkirk were as good as I've seen them this year (not that there's a high bar there). That's the best we've played for weeks.

First I’ve seen us in weeks 🤦‍♂️

Some really awful passages of play - at times bordering on performance art. 

Mad times. Possible back to back promotions, but I also won’t be fussed to see this season in the bin.  

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

First I’ve seen us in weeks 🤦‍♂️

Some really awful passages of play - at times bordering on performance art. 

Mad times. Possible back to back promotions, but I also won’t be fussed to see this season in the bin.  

Yep. I’d have taken playoffs, but wouldn’t have thought it possible that we could be this rubbish and get there. Can probably count on one hand the number of games I’ve enjoyed watching.

On WB’s point on attitude, the QP team I saw against Cove and Falkirk early in the season were aggressive and purposeful. They’ve shown they can do it. To lack aggression in a game is utterly inexcusable and we’ve seen it so many times. It’s the fact that I do think they have the ability that annoys me.

Whole culture of the club has to change. No plucky underdog stuff, no “fairytale” guff. We should be competing for the title next season. That’s not entitlement. It’s a simple equation of being a full-time team with a big budget should be winning games on a regular basis in League One. Falkirk are the same.

We have to learn to despise not winning games of football. No acceptance of draws as good results, no “unlucky”, no excuses. We need the right characters in the squad, along with ability. We don’t have an identity as a team. Can anyone say what our playing style is? What our attributes are as a team? I can’t. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

If you think they’ve given back as much as they’ve taken from the club this season, then fair enough. The best facilities, one of the best budgets, best treatments, and a chef equating to a 28% win record against part-time opposition. The style in which we do it is important now. These are well paid professionals. Not guys training twice a week and giving up their weekends for free.

We won more games at this level with a squad where very few of the guys went on to play at a higher level and weren’t earning hundreds of pounds per week. McGeever, Burns, McKernon, Brady, Galt etc. Decent part-time players, but their attitudes were first class. 

I’ll celebrate if we go up. Of course I will. I don’t like this squad of players, though. No point in pretending that I do. I think a significant number of them are happy picking up a wage and have done the bare minimum to get by. How many would you keep?

You seem to be obsessed with this chef. I never knew having a chef was supposed to guarantee football success. 

I think just about all the permanent signings we have made over the last couple of seasons have had really good spells. Unfortunately a lot of them have had really bad luck with injuries. Who we try to keep will depend on how serious some of these injuries are and of course how they fit into Owen Coyle's plans. I would happily take any of them back.

One thing I am sure of is that all of the permanent players that have played over the last two seasons have given their all.  To suggest otherwise from the safety of your keyboard is pretty pathetic.

6 hours ago, qpfc said:

Also to add, Conor Mcbride could comfortably be the worst loan I’ve ever seen at QP. The guy is so far out his depth it’s incredible. It’s quite astounding that he’s on the books at Blackburn 

Just shows what a good agent can do…

You seem to be obsessed with this chef. I never knew having a chef was supposed to guarantee football success. 
I think just about all the permanent signings we have made over the last couple of seasons have had really good spells. Unfortunately a lot of them have had really bad luck with injuries. Who we try to keep will depend on how serious some of these injuries are and of course how they fit into Owen Coyle's plans. I would happily take any of them back.
One thing I am sure of is that all of the permanent players that have played over the last two seasons have given their all.  To suggest otherwise from the safety of your keyboard is pretty pathetic.

A chef is a trained professional cook and tradesman who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation, often focusing on a particular cuisine.

8 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Not really. I told them pretty vociferously after they half-arsed it at East Fife and Airdrie. Not generally my style, but if I think I’m having the pish ripped out of me, I’m not going to stand and applaud them for their “efforts.” Marijn Beuker questioned their application and attitude after Airdrie. Was he wrong?

41 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Regarding the chef, I’d imagine it’s the principal more than anything. We have resources at our disposal that most other clubs in the league don’t have the privilege of utilising. There will be part time players who will work gruelling shifts outside of football, with the likelihood that they’re eating no more than a pot noodle and a couple bags of crisps. Whereas the chef will be providing meals that should aid in sustained performance on the pitch. Over a 36 game period, these are the minuscule details that should differentiate us to maybe a Montrose. By no means does having better resources guarantee success but by sure means we should of made a much better fist of it this season. That’s just the reality 

I don’t personally think the players actively go on to the pitch not bothered to go and put a performance. A lot of my frustration comes from the continuous inability to hold on to leads when the going gets tough. We’ve crumbled at almost every situation that involves the players being resilient and resolute, which for a group of fairly experienced pros is extremely infuriating. It’s entirely predictable how every game goes and it’s natural that myself and other fans begin to show a form of resentment towards the players as they’re clearly talented enough to do so much more 

Come the close season, we really need to rip the plaster off and bin about 90% of this squad. Start fresh with Coyle and beuker having the summer to implement their ideas regarding the recruitment side of things. Im sure it’ll be a lot more fun next season and I fully expect a title charge if we remain in league 1

Edited by qpfc

On 01/05/2022 at 13:58, qpfc said:

I’ve been told his faither is a football agent, or at least was one a few years ago.

His family just opened a pub in Tenerife actually. Might see about bookings for the promotion party…

Edited by QPSpider1867

On 01/05/2022 at 13:03, an86 said:

Our 2016/17 amateur team had more League One wins than the current corn fed livestock. Even promotion wouldn’t make me respect them. It would simply mean they’d decided to show up for four games. Taken the club and the fans for a ride for 36 games. Send them all to Darvel. 

Shut up ya w****r.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2022 at 13:03, an86 said:

OK an86. I've waited long enough. How are the respect levels now? 

1 minute ago, Boris the Spider said:

Sure you're glad to be.

You could probably have signed me up to wearing one at every game next season in exchange for promotion. Simply couldn’t see us having enough to get past either opponent, but we timed our run well. Defensively spectacular over the playoffs. Simon Murray has been plagued by injuries, but he has a knack for the dramatic.

Still major changes needed for next season to compete in the Championship, as there would have been if we’d stayed down, and we’ll need to be ruthless, but credit to the players. They delivered scenes I didn’t think possible two weeks ago. The main lesson for me is don’t post with a Sunday hangover. Some may even argue that the first half of that sentence would suffice!