Team of the Year

Nice to see some love for Brian Schwake. We would be 10 + league point worse off if he hadn't been between the posts (sorry Stenny). He is perhaps a couple of inches too short to be a top class keeper, but it will be interesting to see how his career develops and whether he breaks through into the Livi team or goes out on loan to a Championship club. We had Josh Campbell on loan last year and he is now a Hibs regular and got an Under 21 cap. 

Can't say I'm surprised at failing to see a Stirling Albion player's name on the list. It would be a struggle to fit one on the bench in a back-up squad. it's been that kind of season.

Although I do totally agree, I do think Blair Currie should have had a good shout at it and there’s a debate to be had about him getting in, but ultimately for the rest, we finished 7th for a reason and that’s because we simply, weren’t very good!

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Although I do totally agree, I do think Blair Currie should have had a good shout at it and there’s a debate to be had about him getting in, but ultimately for the rest, we finished 7th for a reason and that’s because we simply, weren’t very good!

Always rated Blair Currie, he’s my pick for team of the year of players I’ve seen this season.

Made a couple of great saves against us this season.

On 27/04/2022 at 05:56, RubyTuesday said:

Nice to see some love for Brian Schwake. We would be 10 + league point worse off if he hadn't been between the posts (sorry Stenny). He is perhaps a couple of inches too short to be a top class keeper, but it will be interesting to see how his career develops and whether he breaks through into the Livi team or goes out on loan to a Championship club. We had Josh Campbell on loan last year and he is now a Hibs regular and got an Under 21 cap. 

Honestly I imagine he'll end up at a League 1 club on loan or maybe a lower end Championship club. We've loaned a few players to Falkirk so that's probably a possibility for them. It looks like Stryjek is being sold down south so we'll have Konovalov in goals and Maley as a backup so there's every chance we see him as our backup GK but I reckon we'll want to see him getting game time every week.

On 29/04/2022 at 02:11, ATLIS said:

Honestly I imagine he'll end up at a League 1 club on loan or maybe a lower end Championship club. We've loaned a few players to Falkirk so that's probably a possibility for them. It looks like Stryjek is being sold down south so we'll have Konovalov in goals and Maley as a backup so there's every chance we see him as our backup GK but I reckon we'll want to see him getting game time every week.

Naw, he wouldn't be appreciated at Falkirk with those torn faced buggers. Better to feel the love at City for another season...