Team of the Year

Every time I've seen Moxon play against us for Annan, he's been superb. One of the best all round players in the league I think. Can't see why he doesn't play at a higher level. Surprised Higginbotham and Chris Johnston aren't in the team 

As for Stenny, Orr deserves his place and his goals have been vital for us despite starting the season slowly, performance wise. I think Nicky Jamieson or Adam Corbett could've made the team, based on performances. Both have been excellent. 

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Jamieson is a good goalie no doubt but he was behind a good defence. Brian Schwake on the other hand is a good goalie behind a ... :lol:

Both are good but as you say one would have had to work harder as his defence wasn’t as good.

Schwake saved City a few times against us, then again Jamieson also done like wise in the last derby game.

5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

How Higgenbotham isn’t in it is beyond me , maybe doesn’t get the goals like the rest  but his work rate from first whistle to last is phenomenal 

Suppose they had to leave some Kelty players out😀

I wouldn't pay much attention to these things to be honest. Another item done by the SPFL which is tinpot as usual.

Tidser not in the team of the season but was shortlisted in the top four for player of the season. Same with Tam O'Brien in the Championship. Just a shambles really.

Edited by Neilly

14 hours ago, Neilly said:

I wouldn't pay much attention to these things to be honest. Another item done by the SPFL which is tinpot as usual.

Tidser not in the team of the season but was shortlisted in the top four for player of the season. Same with Tam O'Brien in the Championship. Just a shambles really.

It’s the players themselves who vote.

My League Two team of the year of players I’ve season this season would be.

Before anyone has a hissy fit at some players that they think maybe shouldn’t be in the squad. As stated this only in games which I have witnessed.

GK - Blair Currie 

RB - Adam Corbett

CB - Darryl McHardy

CB - Tam O’Ware

LB - Luke Strachan (Assist’s for us this season have been vital in some games)

RM - Joe Cardle

CM - Ross Forbes

CM - Craig Slater ( Biased opinion but he’s been sensational for us this season)

LM - Connor O’Keefe

ST - Nathan Austin

ST - Tommy Goss

2 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Can't say I'm surprised at failing to see a Stirling Albion player's name on the list. It would be a struggle to fit one on the bench in a back-up squad. it's been that kind of season.

We did top one list...

...the player with most red cards

It's difficult to think of a decent left- and right-back over the course of the season (Adam Corbett was the only one that stuck out for me and that's probably because I watched him every week) but I think there's a bit of debate with PFA Scotland's final team.

Brian Schwake (Edinburgh City) has been the best goalkeeper I've seen this season and saved a lot of points for his team. At centre-back, Tam O'Ware (Kelty Hearts) has generally strolled it whenever I've seen him, as has Nicky Jamieson (Stenhousemuir). Further forward, Jamie Barjonas (Kelty Hearts) and Owen Moxon (Annan Athletic) deserved their places in the side but I was surprised to see that Michael Tidser (Kelty Hearts) wasn't included - he completely ran the midfield every time I saw him to the point it felt as if he was several seconds ahead of everyone else. In attack, I think Nathan Austin (Kelty Hearts) earns his place as the league's top scorer, while Joe Cardle (Kelty Hearts) was the often the trickiest and most threatening winger in the division. I'm genuinely struggling to think of a final forward so I'd probably stick Tam Orr (Stenhousemuir) in there. His season has been bookended with so-so performances but the period between December and March means he earns his place.