Wattful United v Witless Motherwell

I begrudgingly spent £26 on my ticket last night, (utter disdain felt with every mouse click), I'll spend another £45 on petrol to drive the 3.5 hour round trip in my shite car, I'll put on my stupid broken specs held together with superglue so I can actually see the lucky 11 who actually made it through Alexander's dart board selection process, and I'll sit with utter indifference till the first whistle. 

I hate this game. 

Good laugh if we win though.

46 minutes ago, CoF said:

I begrudgingly spent £26 on my ticket last night, (utter disdain felt with every mouse click), I'll spend another £45 on petrol to drive the 3.5 hour round trip in my shite car, I'll put on my stupid broken specs held together with superglue so I can actually see the lucky 11 who actually made it through Alexander's dart board selection process, and I'll sit with utter indifference till the first whistle. 

I hate this game. 

Good laugh if we win though.

I drove to Aberdeen in November, and we did win, then I filled up my tank and I wondered if it was all worth it.  That was before the recent surge in petrol costs.  And I start in Stirling so I am half way there.  I wouldn’t be surprised if away attendances for all teams start to reduce due to cost.

I’ve got a train ticket for Dingwall though.

The £12.50 PPV is more cost effective but rather lonely

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

Working til 2pm, so it'll be the stream for me. The warmth and familiarity of my own surroundings, along with alcohol will help ease the loneliness. Further solace will come via the off switch when things go ever so predictably tits up.

18 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Working til 2pm, so it'll be the stream for me. The warmth and familiarity of my own surroundings, along with alcohol will help ease the loneliness. Further solace will come via the off switch when things go ever so predictably tits up.

I end up ignoring the pictures and browsing this thread to see if folk have identified the reason for our failure.  I shall raise a glass with you though.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I drove to Aberdeen in November, and we did win, then I filled up my tank and I wondered if it was all worth it.  That was before the recent surge in petrol costs.  And I start in Stirling so I am half way there.  I wouldn’t be surprised if away attendances for all teams start to reduce due to cost.

I’ve got a train ticket for Dingwall though.

I've done the same a few times this season, away games I probably would have gone to but opted for PPV purely to save money. It's a sad state of affairs. 

If we win this I fully expect Lewis Irons to go full Norwegian "Maggie Thatcher are you listening" on this mob.

Besides Tony, what other things of note are associated with Dundee for the rant? Cake, Broons, Desperate Dan, Discovery, Brian Cox.

Currently in baking hot Maspalomas.

Between 3 and 5 pm tomorrow I intend to traverse the famous sand dunes occasionally looking for clues of the unfolding scoreline from the faces of each passer by. This will also include watching the world renowned camels who as my despair deepens will likely give a knowing nod that ' things ain't going well down Tannadice way'!!!

By 5. 15 I will trudge into the Atlantic only for my certain drowning to be averted by the ' one whom I'm contracting to' shouting from afar that Tierney scored a last minute equaliser.

And the sun keeps shining .

5 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

If we win this I fully expect Lewis Irons to go full Norwegian "Maggie Thatcher are you listening" on this mob.

Besides Tony, what other things of note are associated with Dundee for the rant? Cake, Broons, Desperate Dan, Discovery, Brian Cox.

Lorraine Kelly, Jim Spence, the Broughty Ferry (it’s not a boat)

9 hours ago, ropy said:

This is a good angle to see the amount of players who couldn’t be arsed stopping this goal

I generally over the years don't give a hoot when players move on from us to other teams and we come up against them. I'm not really into the pantomime of it all.

I didn't particularly begrudge Watt either tbh moving to Dundee - everyone makes their choice etc even thought I thought it was a bit of a silly move for him. 

But it absolutely does my head in when they don't show a wee bit of respect back when you next play them especially if we've stood by them well and they've done well by being at us. In Watt's case, he was roundly celebrated as a great player and reacting to the Twitter wahoos who gave him grief by disrespecting the rest of us deserves a solid deed leg in the first 5 minutes today.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

I generally over the years don't give a hoot when players move on from us to other teams and we come up against them. I'm not really into the pantomime of it all.

I didn't particularly begrudge Watt either tbh moving to Dundee - everyone makes their choice etc even thought I thought it was a bit of a silly move for him. 

But it absolutely does my head in when they don't show a wee bit of respect back when you next play them especially if we've stood by them well and they've done well by being at us. In Watt's case, he was roundly celebrated as a great player and reacting to the Twitter wahoos who gave him grief by disrespecting the rest of us deserves a solid deed leg in the first 5 minutes today.

To be fair - he was getting plenty of stick from the Motherwell end for the entire game, from the warm-up onwards - so I had no problems with him giving it back (I was fucking seething about how half-arsed the challenges had been in the lead up that allowed him to do it).

Regardless of the final score, I'm sure it will be a carbon copy today - he'll get his 2nd(?) Utd goal and be over to the 'Well support.

Just so I don't sound too relaxed about it - Someone putting him up in the air early doors would be lovely (and might be the only thing we get to celebrate today)

25 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I understand the thought that PPV (or similar) may be the reality for many away fans next season, and it's brought this query: with VAR coming in, will viewers be 'treated' to the replays which the referees see?

VAR is a pile of shite.

Would it be cheaper if the PPV audience got to make the decisions?

United win. Unimaginative play from Motherwell. Efford and Shields start. Woolery a 68th minute sub when we’re 2-0 down. Alexander saying a clearly dead season isn’t dead yet.

At the start of the season if you told me we’d be going up to Dundee for a chance at Europe I’d of bit your hand off to be there. Today I’m choosing some diy work instead. Thanks Graeme.

Like most I would 100% be up for this game. 

Even in my dreams (last night) we go a goal behind and the Well defender tried to play a short pass in the box that went straight to a Killie player (strangely) and they scored through said defenders legs leaving everyone incredulous that we could lose such a goal. I repeat this was a dream. I could not identify Joke Carroll in my dream but if I had to guess. 

But back in the real world I watched GA pre match spiel and felt he was getting his excuses in early. I don’t expect him to say that if we lose we are out of the reckoning. But by Christ put more emphasis on how important this game is and probably must not lose territory. I appreciate he may be trying to take pressure off the players. But in doing so they may well accept another insipid performance is no biggie. 

I have wagered a few pennies on United to score 1st. Clearly I hope I have jinxed them but I expect not sadly. 

Please please please Motherwell. Turn in a determined and decent performance to come away with a positive result. It is not asking much is it 🤷‍♂️

Edited by welldaft