Wattful United v Witless Motherwell

I don't think whether or not this wasn't too bad a performance is the point here.

I also think if you think that was an "ok" performance it's due to watching much worse shite as that was also terrible today.

32 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Despite doing our best to flog a goal, a welcome result from a mediocre performance.

We would have had to play far better than that to achieve mediocrity.

McNulty was absolutely garbage again today, big rebuilding job for next season.

29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think whether or not this wasn't too bad a performance is the point here.

I also think if you think that was an "ok" performance it's due to watching much worse shite as that was also terrible today.

On the money mate. Accepting that as ok is as much an indication of the shite that's gone before as anything. 

It's been a horrible season, with horrible football, and a manager that's lost the backing of the vast majority of the support with week after week of turgid crap.

The delaying of the season ticket launch is seeming more and more like a hopeful wait for something positive before going ahead. That positivity just isn't coming, and the club must be seriously worrying about how the uptake will pan out. The current shite simply isn't worth a few hundred quid of an outlay. 

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

The delaying of the season ticket launch is seeming more and more like a hopeful wait for something positive before going ahead

Yer 100% on the money there anaw. I noticed a few folk asking and the delay here and there is clearly hoping for a european qualification or something to try get as much a response as possible.

14 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

And the weekly award for deflection and bluster goes yet again to, ........Screenshot_20220430-184413_Messenger.thumb.jpg.1dc63c88d79705345c2cf853c9fbf834.jpg

Alexander and Tam Courts must be taking the same drugs.

Mind you it’s not as bad as the stuff Mark McGhee is on.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This is the worst I've seen United play this season in games against us/TV games, but they still held us at arms length I thought. Watt will probably have been worth the expense when they qualify for Europe and we don't. Fair play.

Think for the price £120k it's been the difference between finishing (at least) 5th and 6th, so by harming the 'Well it's made us that amount in prize money in the League, plus what ever we get for Europe next season, should we not massively implode from now til the end of the season.

So good business for United.

Thought we were worth the win today, not by much though. Need to improve by quite a bit before we play County in a couple of weeks (we're probably getting scudded by the Top 2, so let's ignore that).

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

And the weekly award for deflection and bluster goes yet again to, ........Screenshot_20220430-184413_Messenger.thumb.jpg.1dc63c88d79705345c2cf853c9fbf834.jpg

Think if the pitch had been 20 yards wider on both sides, 'Well may have got a result.

The number of times the away players booted it out the pitch under little or no pressure was astonishing.

Quite a few poor performances on the park, especially from Kevin Clancy, who always looks like the most worried man in the world.

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Think if the pitch had been 20 yards wider on both sides, 'Well may have got a result.

The number of times the away players booted it out the pitch under little or no pressure was astonishing.

Quite a few poor performances on the park, especially from Kevin Clancy, who always looks like the most worried man in the world.

Our inability to keep the ball within the confines of the pitch is staggering especially, as you say, when under absolutely no pressure. Lost count of the times this season where I've sat at games pissing myself laughing at poor control or passes straight into touch. Brutal. 

I thought we started fairly ok tbh.  Created chances and hit the woodwork twice.  Was cautiously optimistic at that point.

After that it was awful.  I can’t believe we have a team of professional players with no first touch.  The decision making on making runs was also laughable.  The forward line chose the option of running into a static defender than making space more times than I’d care to remember.

Alexander can f**k off and take Goss and Slattery with him too.  And that waste of space McGinley too for that matter.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Once again can I commend the P&B Motherwell fans.  Mostly on topic, always decent banter and no fannies.

I really hope we get fourth and you guys get fifth. 

Very gracious of you to say so, sir.

Tony Watt aside, I really do not mind Utd as a team at all and have enjoyed many a day out to Tannadice. 

We share common ground this season in having very average (some may say shite) squads and complete weirdo managers. Should your 4th and 5th prediction come to pass, we can all have a jolly lovely time.

I still want Alexander and half his diddies to f**k out of our club before next season begins,  right enough. 

Didn’t think there was much in the game today, two poor teams really.  United had more of the ball but Motherwell created more chances - often on the counter attack.  The quality of passing from both teams was embarrassing at times but plenty of endeavour I suppose kept it at least watchable.

For United I thought Graham and Neilson (second half) did well, Levitt was the best footballer on the pitch but also gave the ball away a lot, Benji was more like himself again and Watt was a nuisance without being great.