Wattful United v Witless Motherwell

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I have a feeling we'll win either this or RC next week. I'm going to Dingwall but not today, so 3-0 Motherwell. 

I’d be quite happy if you lose this week and win next week.

Just now, ropy said:

We’re not here to rock the boat 

It’s a bit strange that supporters of your club and mine seem totally underwhelmed this season despite a top six finish and a chance of playing in Europe.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a bit strange that supporters of your club and mine seem totally underwhelmed this season despite a top six finish and a chance of playing in Europe.

One of us is going to fall over the line, good luck 

I now sort of view Motherwell as a long running experiment of how bad a team can be and continue to get over a long period of time before the manager or club finally acknowledge all is not well. 

Sort of like if a human ate nothing but monster munch for 4 solid months to see what it would do to them. 

I’m still going to be in bad/disinterested mood even if we win due to what 2022’s form has done to me so at least when we inevitably lose the experiment can rumble on past the ridiculous point till probably October time.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

United win. Unimaginative play from Motherwell. Efford and Shields start. Woolery a 68th minute sub when we’re 2-0 down. Alexander saying a clearly dead season isn’t dead yet.

At the start of the season if you told me we’d be going up to Dundee for a chance at Europe I’d of bit your hand off to be there. Today I’m choosing some diy work instead. Thanks Graeme.

The only thing missing from that probably accurate premonition is a Tony Watt goal.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I understand the thought that PPV (or similar) may be the reality for many away fans next season, and it's brought this query: with VAR coming in, will viewers be 'treated' to the replays which the referees see?

VAR is a pile of shite.

I'm sure most PPV is due to end this season? Might be wrong but I thought it's allowed just now because the 'black out' on broadcasting at certain times had been lifted due to covid. 

Y'know....even in the face of how it's been, you try your best to hold on to some excitement about the possibility of Europe, try and keep a bit of perspective, remember some of the great European trips past, and hold on to that last bit of motivation to try and help get us over the line.

Then you watch a Sean Goss presser and not only am I not arsed about it anymore, I might just stay in my bed with the curtains shut, not bother showering, contemplating why I even bother with life. Handed in my notice at work and told my wife she deserves better and should find someone that will make her happier.

Crying Jordan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

17 minutes ago, Al B said:

Y'know....even in the face of how it's been, you try your best to hold on to some excitement about the possibility of Europe, try and keep a bit of perspective, remember some of the great European trips past, and hold on to that last bit of motivation to try and help get us over the line.

Then you watch a Sean Goss presser and not only am I not arsed about it anymore, I might just stay in my bed with the curtains shut, not bother showering, contemplating why I even bother with life. Handed in my notice at work and told my wife she deserves better and should find someone that will make her happier.

Crying Jordan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Callum Butcher likes this.

Allegedly.

I made my declaration a while ago that I was going to be positive because f**k it why not but christ it's hard. Even on game day - which I'll get to watch in company for a change as a mate is visiting, there's nothing more than a sense of 'must we?'. For perspective I mentioned to him - a regular home and away fan -  I'd take a tablet along to to the pub and his reaction was 'oh, you want to watch the game?' At least there'll be beer.

I appreciate one flukey result from nowhere could change the mood. United fans, I'm sure, will be kicked out their apathy when Europe is all but confirmed by 5pm. But I just can't see it for us. The biggest positive today could well be the County result from Tynecastle and even then I'm far from convinced they won't get something.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d be quite happy if you lose this week and win next week.

This would maybe be acceptable if we can get something from Hearts. I'm sort of hoping that we've lucked out a bit in getting them on the second last day when they'll be in full Cup Final mode, rather than early on like DU and RC.