Wattful United v Witless Motherwell

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Without wishing to sound churlish,  it's hardly the Champions league!

Well no, but even if he's playing slightly differently, it's hard to call moving to a team which finishes higher up the table and reaches Europe, all while earning more money on a longer contract, a mistake!

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

As far as I know the manager has said nothing, like usual 

Rumour mill says injury has cleared up faster than expected but probably not fast enough for this game.

Possibly ready for Ross County not that it'll make much difference.

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Well no, but even if he's playing slightly differently, it's hard to call moving to a team which finishes higher up the table and reaches Europe, all while earning more money on a longer contract, a mistake!

Agreed.

But that's not what I was commenting on, it was the suggestion that Utd getting into Europe vindicates Watt's decision as per the original post.

Still trying to process the mindset of coming onto a match thread of cross street rivals, pouring scorn on the Conference League when to qualify needs 5th place, results in a mini windfall from UEFA and 4th/5th place SPFL prize money when you're looking at playing Cove Rangers and on Accies plastic pitch next season with a tone deaf CEO, Newco sycophant captain and comedy manager.

33 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

So do I. But I also don’t want the next one to start. 

I actually really enjoyed the winter break because I had a feeling things wouldn't quite continue in the same form but I  was still looking forward to seeing just how well we'd do...pre-season 2022/23 can't last long enough tbh.

I'd rather be mid-table and on the right side of the Top 6 trapdoor than the other alternatives, which we have seen plenty of over the years, so I'm ok with however this season pans out. In fact, if we unexpectedly went on a wee run over the next 3 games and got into Europe, it would be the funniest thing since McCall took a team with Lee Hollis and Zaine Francis Angol in it to a runners-up spot.

One thing that is hard to argue against is that if we maintain our current form, concede utterly shite first goals in every game, then this will be one of the poorest January-May runs that we've ever seen (which would certainly have a knock-on for next season).

All that said, actually looking forward to being back at a game for the first time in a month, not looking forward to Tony Watt scoring again.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

What outcome means we play less games Europe or the league cup groups? Because I'd like whatever one that is. 

If we et pumped out then Europe. That's only 2 games (one home, one away) when the group stage gives you 2 home and 2 away.

If we get the 2nd round and end up getting to the play of- hahaha haha sorry, forgot we were being serious there.