Wattful United v Witless Motherwell

I said this on the run up to the recent game against St Mirren.  Our best opportunity is the law of averages.  Surely we need to win an away game sometime.  It seemed to be the most effective tactic against the Saints.

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Either United will win this or Motherwell will or it will be a draw.

Hopefully Watt looks interested.

There is a point in it, I can only assume you have been as pish as us but have been able to hide it better.

Tony could have stayed with us, had us battling with Hertz for the £3m Europa 3rd place windfall, 20 goals and SPFL golden boot probably, saved us all in Lanarkshire wanting to gouge our eyes out since January and got a bigger and more lucrative move ..... Seems Mbappe is definitely leaving PSG.

As for this, home win, only because you have a more competent defence in Mulgrew and Edwards than we have. I'd bet my house on you getting first goal.

Personally I'd find far greater entertainment if United set up a padding pool full of mud in the centre circle and let Burrows and Tony go at it (bikini's optional).

I'm hopeful we'll steal a point based on nothing but blind misplaced optimism.

Logically United should win. A draw is a good result for us, meaning we'll turn up with no intention of anything other than defending for said draw and as we can't defend for shit we'll lose.

Let's at least give Woolery a start so we pose some form of attacking threat, eh?

We ship goals so easily, and despite his low return so far in a Utd shirt, Watt as an anytime scorer will obvs be a banker and free money from the bookies. At the other end I don't see Mulgrew and Co having too much trouble snuffing out our front line, especially if Alexander persists with the empty jersey that is Joe Efford.

Hope for a draw but expecting another predictably dismal loss. Home win.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ll be raging if Efford is anywhere near the starting
line up.

I’ve no idea who’s available at the back but I want Shaw, Dean and Slattery in midfield with Tierney just behind Shields and Woolery.

image.png.22b2bd7db0decbdeccaf15987f180879.png

We will lose again, roll on next season because this one can’t end soon enough. Hopefully the bold Tony now realises the mistake he made and returned home where he may again discovery what goalposts are there for.

33 minutes ago, Yorky said:

We will lose again, roll on next season because this one can’t end soon enough. Hopefully the bold Tony now realises the mistake he made and returned home where he may again discovery what goalposts are there for.

If we lose again United are 99% in Europe which rather suggests Watt's move was anything other than a mistake.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If we lose again United are 99% in Europe which rather suggests Watt's move was anything other than a mistake.

Without wishing to sound churlish,  it's hardly the Champions league!

13 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ll be raging if Efford is anywhere near the starting
line up.

I’ve no idea who’s available at the back but I want Shaw, Dean and Slattery in midfield with Tierney just behind Shields and Woolery.

I would go for that line up or OHara or Donnelly instead of Goss and maybe Dean. 

But we know Efford will start as will Goss. Mugabi in goals. Kelly at left back. Woolery in central defence. I give up…..

It will be the same line up, tactics and performance as per usual. Because everyone can see it is working including our insightful Gaffer. 

I remember reading how Tam Courts changed the formation, tactics away to St Mirren at HT. That was in response to a poor 1st half performance. They went on to dominate said game and after being 1-0 down won 2-1.  Our gaffer seems incapable of changing anything after 1 win in 14 or 15 league games. As infuriating as it is worrying.

As mentioned above Dundee United will score 1st. Either Levitt with his customary worldie or Watt or probably both.

Motherwell players talk a good game. But as soon as it starts you realise it is all bluster. I hope I am proved wrong with what is at stake. But I have severe doubts it will be 🙈.

Edited by welldaft

14 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Hopefully Carroll. He's hopeless. 

As hopeless as he is, he cleared the ball from behind Kelly for what would have been the opening goal, he put in the cross for our goal, he showed maturity in shepherding Tierney away from the hoardes after his goal.  He then went on to let the second goal go through his legs.

Should Bevis not get a shot back in the middle where he would be less prone to getting turned inside out by a wide man?