Friday Night Craporama - Inverness Caledonian Thistle Reserves -vs- Hamilton Academical

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Amazing that they seem to care far more about if Hamilton finish 6th than any sane Hamilton supporter.

It's bizarre, why would any The Caley fan give a flying cunt about Hamilton or Morton?  Strange people.

On 25/04/2022 at 21:52, Stephen Malkmus said:

The best post on that thread is someone seriously suggesting that we have an obligation to play a strong team as the game could decide which team out of Hamilton and Morton will finish 6th 😭 

It's absolutely bonkers.  These play offs could turn out to be some of the biggest games in our history and yet some people seem to think that we should be doing other clubs a favour - it's nuts.  It's not inconceivable that - if we played our full first team tomorrow - that we could lose three of our main players and then we'd go into the play-offs already snookered.  For a club with a small support, we seem to have an awfully high proportion of complete lunatics.

At least our fans aren't racist enablers like those across the bridge.

Anyway, I'm planning on spending the afternoon working out our win percentage in our pink shirt compared to the other shirts over the past two seasons. Will report back with the results 

There is however a fine line between resting players and losing match sharpness - def don’t risk Welsh, McKay, Doran and Broadfoot (never did I think I’d be writing that at the start of the season) but others like McAleer, Walsh, MacGregor, Deas, Harper and Carson should all be playing to make sure they keep sharpness. No training keeps you anywhere near the actual competitiveness of a real game. I’m actually quite looking forward to it - no pressure jist go and enjoy it! May have 10 pints before mind you! 

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Not much more than giving a few players some game time and a chance to impress when it comes to figuring out a squad for next season.

Should now be focused on the Thistle game.

I'm just going to put this out there but I have heard a rumour that Dick Campbell will leave Arbroath if they win promotion, likely along with most of the 1st team.

Funnily enough, the wife's sister mentioned that in bed last night.

That was easy. Some lovely passing moves and finishes in the first 45. Sutherland's goal was probably the pick of the bunch. We completely switched off in the second half but who cares. Job was done in the first. Shame we seem to have collected one injury though but at least it's Duffy who probably isn't going to be a first choice for however long we're in the playoffs.