Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

There should be legislation preventing Old Firm matches on Bank holiday weekends. That's two in a row where civilised people can't enjoy a nice Sunday meal with their families for fear of these mutants.  If we're to have a Scottish parliament let it get it's teeth into something we could all applaud !!! 

So you can’t go for a Sunday meal because of a Celtic Rangers game? Where were you planning to go McDonalds in the Forge? 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So you can’t go for a Sunday meal because of a Celtic Rangers game? Where were you planning to go McDonalds in the Forge? 

Nope. I was thinking along the lines of The Patsy Gallacher De-Luxe Grill & Brasserie in the Lisbon Suite, dressed as Pastor Jack Glass with my good mate Ian Crocker doing his best Artur Boric impression.

But once again the toxic Old Firm obsessed west of Scotland culture makes that kind of family Sunday all but impossible on 'derby day in Glasgow' .

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I take it you're posting about the two Leeds games and the Scottish cup final M8?

No the two cup final defeats in the San Siro and Hampden.  Mind you knocking out Benfica, Fiorentina & Leeds Utd in successive rounds is Celtic's finest European achievement in my opinion....pity they had to fall at the last fence.

16 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

No the two cup final defeats in the San Siro and Hampden.  Mind you knocking out Benfica, Fiorentina & Leeds Utd in successive rounds is Celtic's finest European achievement in my opinion....pity they had to fall at the last fence.

I think I would need to be in my 70's to remember that M8.

27 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Nope. I was thinking along the lines of The Patsy Gallacher De-Luxe Grill & Brasserie in the Lisbon Suite, dressed as Pastor Jack Glass with my good mate Ian Crocker doing his best Artur Boric impression.

But once again the toxic Old Firm obsessed west of Scotland culture makes that kind of family Sunday all but impossible on 'derby day in Glasgow' .

It really doesn’t, but you do you.

7 minutes ago, stressball said:

It really doesn’t, but you do you.

Interesting that you should say that..."But You Do You" was Gerry Marsden's initial choice as 3rd Pacemakers single following 'How Do You Do It' & 'I Like It' but George Martin wasn't impressed with it, so they recorded 'You'll Never Walk Alone' instead and the rest is scarves aloft history.  Everything's interconnected in Old Firm land, right enough. 

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Look it up ...any self respecting Celtic fan should know the history. You didn't have to have been alive at the time and seen it first hand. 

I don't like hearsay or Chinese whispers M8,my knowledge of Celtic is decent, history is written by the victor's I take it with a pinch of salt.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't like hearsay or Chinese whispers M8,my knowledge of Celtic is decent, history is written by the victor's I take it with a pinch of salt.

No, no, young wastecoat, sir. It's all true but if you wish to take the  facts of Celtic's run to the 1970 European Cup Final 'with a pinch of salt' then that is your perogative.  

11 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

No, no, young wastecoat, sir. It's all true but if you wish to take the  facts of Celtic's run to the 1970 European Cup Final 'with a pinch of salt' then that is your perogative.  

You said it was Celtic's best achievement even thou we didn't win for me that is a strange perception.

51 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Really? That’s just weird as f**k mate and i imagine you may have difficulty going anywhere going out like that

6 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

And Jock Stein would heartily concur with that sentiment, with thoughts of 1970 and Aberdeen & Feyenoord .

Celtic still had to play Leeds in the second leg of the semi final when they met the Dons in the Scottish Cup Final.

3 hours ago, stressball said:

He’s just desperate for attention. Let him howl into the night.

Nope just stating my opinion that  what Celtic achieved in getting to the 1970 final was a greater achievement than their run to the 1967 final.   Benfica, Fiorentina, Leeds United or Nantes, Vojvodina, Dukla Prague ? Just an opinion. If you consider that 'howling into the night' then I really cannot help you.