Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye I'll say it now I somehow can't bring myself to hate Fat Ange. Gio seems to get a little bit of stick for not being passionate enough which I think is ridiculous. You can tell after the game they were both just like "fucking hell". For a split second I thought Ange might be wishing us luck for Thursday or is that a bit too much? 😉

I was wondering the exact same when I saw them at the end. 

I was in 117 just next to the Rangers fans, the scenes after the final whistle weren't great at all. Complete arseholes on both sides deliberately trying to cause bother and needlessly escalating what was essentially just yer usual pantomime slagging into something that turned a bit sketchy out of nowhere. Consequently, normal punters - including older folk and kids - ended up in the firing line. Not getting drawn into the 'aye but did you see what they did?' shite, as from where i was sitting it seemed folk on our side had as much to do with it as folk in the Rangers end. 

Stuff like this has always happened to an extent, but there does seem to have been a noticeable rise in coked up thickos at these games in recent times, and the rivalry does seem to be getting even more vitriolic for whatever reason. 

What's not helping things is both clubs putting out statements pointing the finger at the other teams fans while taking no responsibility for or acknowledging the behaviour of their own. 

f**k the old firm. 

7 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Not getting drawn into the 'aye but did you see what they did?' shite, as from where i was sitting it seemed folk on our side had as much to do with it as folk in the Rangers end.

Thats a reasonable assessment - but the official statements issued by both clubs in the immediate aftermath are weak, and just play into the hands/heads of the bammers on both sides.

Call me a cynic, but it almost feels like there is a reliance by Celtic and Rangers on the lunatic fringe, and they dont want to antagonise them by stating the obvious 🤔

The amusing part of this for me is that fact that 99.9% of Celtic and Rangers fans i know personally are absolute fucking pussies.

The tit for tat pearl clutching statements are brilliant. 
Hilariously pathetic. 
As are the fans who buy into it. Played like absolute fiddles.

It's just a shame that the rest of Scottish football have to suffer their perpetual hate cycle.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As are the fans who buy into it. Played like absolute fiddles.

It's just a shame that the rest of Scottish football have to suffer their perpetual hate cycle.

Aye, total theatre pandering to the moron galleries. 

Not sure why they felt it appropriate to indirectly chuck the police under the bus to facilitate it though. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, total theatre pandering to the moron galleries. 

Not sure why they felt it appropriate to indirectly chuck the police under the bus to facilitate it though. 

Nothing is more important in the life of an arse cheek fan than getting one over the other. It's even more important to them than their own success. 

Both sides trying desperately not to lose face or look weak. However if both sides condemned the behaviour they both come out the same. They don't want to because getting the half wits fired up makes money.

10 hours ago, Fratelli said:

I was in 117 just next to the Rangers fans, the scenes after the final whistle weren't great at all. Complete arseholes on both sides deliberately trying to cause bother and needlessly escalating what was essentially just yer usual pantomime slagging into something that turned a bit sketchy out of nowhere. Consequently, normal punters - including older folk and kids - ended up in the firing line. Not getting drawn into the 'aye but did you see what they did?' shite, as from where i was sitting it seemed folk on our side had as much to do with it as folk in the Rangers end. 

Stuff like this has always happened to an extent, but there does seem to have been a noticeable rise in coked up thickos at these games in recent times, and the rivalry does seem to be getting even more vitriolic for whatever reason. 

The atmosphere was brilliant for the 3-0 game,for me it's a mistake to have away fans for this game,the goading is normal for most games but never escalates even on European nights fans are clapping each other and exchanging scarfs.
The cameras in the stadium will pick out the dafties, they will get a chap at their doors.
If the police are not going to deal with it at the stadium and stand back with their camera for me they're not doing their job.
Pulling out weeds is never easy.

Thought defence to midfield we were the better team again, just missing a potent forward line. Morelos plays I think we win that match, but not much between the teams.

Sakala scoring against you is the ultimate badge of shame, albeit it was a good finish.

On to Thursday and bigger fish to fry.