Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know mate - they are very, very alike though in that caricature!!

Yeah, I was doubting myself it even was Rylan when I answered you.

Anyone notice how much of a carbon copy this season is to 97/98?

• Celtic appoint “unknown” manager from Japan
  • Celtic lose 2-1 away in Edinburgh on the 1st day of the season
  • Celtic do a league and league cup double
  • Celtic lose 2-1 to Rangers in the Scottish Cup semi

Hearts beat Rangers in that Scottish Cup Final that year too so is it an omen? Also eerie that both Wim Jansen and Walter Smith both passed away this season. 

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Hearts beat Rangers in that Scottish Cup Final that year too so is it an omen? Also eerie that both Wim Jansen and Walter Smith both passed away this season. 

Quite a few of your points are invalid due to the death of Rangers in 2012.

19 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Quite a few of your points are invalid due to the death of Rangers in 2012.

Whilst I’d usually be 1st in the queue to remind them of that fact I still found it a bit uncanny.

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

“Hate crimes” 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Someone may want to explain irony to them however hearing RITG being sung at home again against Rangers was disappointing, that song amongst others really needs to get to f**k 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Someone may want to explain irony to them. 

The same could be said when celtic highlight the actions of our morons but imo it's better to call it out if you want it to change.

Edit. The context of Jinkys post has changed while I was posting.

Edited by bennett

48 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I bloody hope so.

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I'd imagine it's in reference to what some are alleging is someone doing monkey gestures. Not really laughable if the guy is guilty of it. 

Bottle incident looked nasty too. 

Seems it wasn’t just 1 way and judging by some of the videos on social media both sets were at it

47 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Seems it wasn’t just 1 way and judging by some of the videos on social media both sets were at it

Of course I would never try and claim it was one sided, just saw the monkey video a wee while before so thought I'd explain, it's likely the wording of the statement related to that video specifically. 

Some people just can't help themselves. Considering both fans can leave happy enough with the football right now I don't know how people managed to get that wound up that they're flinging bottles etc.. 

41 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

These wankers should take a leaf out of Ange & Gio’s book. They seem to have genuine affection for each other. 

Aye I'll say it now I somehow can't bring myself to hate Fat Ange. Gio seems to get a little bit of stick for not being passionate enough which I think is ridiculous. You can tell after the game they were both just like "fucking hell". For a split second I thought Ange might be wishing us luck for Thursday or is that a bit too much? 😉

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

These wankers should take a leaf out of Ange & Gio’s book. They seem to have genuine affection for each other. 

Not expecting genuine affection. It doesn’t take affection to choose not to lob a bottle at someone, regardless of what end you’re sitting in. It’s the sort of thing that could quite conceivably kill someone if they were unfortunate enough to be hit in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I’m not buying into Rangers playing the victim today though, which was quite predictable after what went on at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago. All of the videos show projectiles going back and forth yet there’s a narrative being painted about the disabled and elderly in the visiting support being targeted.

I’d be quite happy if there were no away fans at the fixture for the foreseeable. Just a more enjoyable atmosphere all round.