Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

To early to post about football we're on the song book.
Kyogo from the start GG with 20 or 30 minutes to play.

Purely based on their showings against us this season, I'd be more concerned facing Giakoumakis than Kyogo at this point. Albeit one of Kyogo's appearances he likely wasn't match fit, but Giakoumakis caused us all sorts of problems at Celtic Park whereas Kyogo hasn't, really.

Hmmm... interesting. I think we did miss a focal point in the cup meeting we didn’t hold the ball up in the final third for long enough, allowing others into play, that’s what GG is good at.
Either way, I can see both making an impact.
I’ve a feeling Ange will start with Kyogo. I think he’s just one game off the pace at the moment.

13 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Hmmm... interesting. I think we did miss a focal point in the cup meeting we didn’t hold the ball up in the final third for long enough, allowing others into play, that’s what GG is good at.
I’ve a feeling Ange will start with Kyogo. I think he’s just one game off the pace at the moment.

GG and Kyogo from the start

14 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

For me the problem isn't Kyogo or GG, Jota needs to turn up in this game hes been poor in the last two.

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

GG and Kyogo from the start

I concur.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the problem isn't Kyogo or GG, Jota needs to turn up in this game hes been poor in the last two.

I also concur. Although he played well against Ross County so hopefully carries it on through Sunday.

After last night it's easy to see where sevco is,they have no creative parts or focal point,all they can do is rely on set plays, they will need to score the first goal for something to hold onto.
They're good without the ball but have nothing with the ball Celtic should put them away on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

After last night it's easy to see where sevco is,they have no creative parts or focal point,all they can do is rely on set plays, they will need to score the first goal for something to hold onto.
They're good without the ball but have nothing with the ball Celtic should put them away on Sunday.

Are you forgetting that we played and beat you only 12 days ago?

Neither of our goals came from set plays.

We never scored the first goal to hold on to, either.

Basically, you're talking a lot of shite.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

We never scored the first goal to hold on to, either.

Rattled 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

We never scored the first goal either.

I never mention any result just the way the game should go on Sunday M8.

11 hours ago, AJF said:

I fully expect Tavernier will be given more freedom to get forward next week with players getting into the box more to give him something to hit.

I also feel set pieces could be useful for us. Goldson won two, maybe three headers in their box tonight so it seems like he can cause issues if we get the delivery right.

Our defending tonight was generally very good as well. I think they probably had 3 chances you’d consider good which wasn’t too bad given the amount of possession they had.

Get them on the back foot a bit more, get some balls into the box and see how we fare.

It's all you have left M8.

Pretty much any other club, with a very good opportunity to reach a European final on Thursday and the league already gone (making this game an irrelevance), would play a second string in this game and not be bothered by the result.

Why would you risk anyone who is going to need to play a huge part on Thursday to have a chance against a good side, particularly the likes of Tavernier, Goldson, Jack, Kent, Lundstrum, Bassey or Barasic from the first leg.

But how would the Rangers fans masses feel about a lineup of second stringers and youth players who might get a shoeing?

Surely they would be able to accept that, not taking any risks, for a far more important game on Thursday?

McLaughlin
Zukowski, King, Balogun, Simpson
Davis, Sands, McCann
Diallo, Lowry, Sakala

Something like that, looking at your squad list.

Balogan is suspended but looks a good team to destroy.
Oh, wasn't aware.

I wouldn't get too excited, knowing how the two of you work he'll probably play a full strength team. I suspect you would too if roles reversed. Old Firm 'logic'.

Would be funnier to be fair if he risked a strong team and still lost (as would by my bet anyway).

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Pretty much any other club, with a very good opportunity to reach a European final on Thursday and the league already gone (making this game an irrelevance), would play a second string in this game and not be bothered by the result.

Why would you risk anyone who is going to need to play a huge part on Thursday to have a chance against a good side, particularly the likes of Tavernier, Goldson, Jack, Kent, Lundstrum, Bassey or Barasic from the first leg.

But how would the Rangers fans masses feel about a lineup of second stringers and youth players who might get a shoeing?

Surely they would be able to accept that, not taking any risks, for a far more important game on Thursday?

McLaughlin
Zukowski, King, Balogun, Simpson
Davis, Sands, McCann
Diallo, Lowry, Sakala

Something like that, looking at your squad list.

Most people I’ve spoken to have said they’ll have no issues if we go with a rotated side. I don’t think it’ll go as far as the team you suggest but I’d be looking to rest or at least limit the minutes of a few key players.