Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

1 hour ago, stressball said:

You can actually be both these days

Not true, but probably not in the way you think. Les agiteurs du chapelet tend to imagine that they are somehow forbidden from joining the masons by the masonic lodge itself, but it was in fact Pope Clement XII that banned catholics from joining the masons (masons  being proudly secular but spiritual) in his 1738 papal bull entitled in eminente apostolatus. Until 1983 any catholic joining the freemasons would incur an automatic excommunication. Nowadays they just can't receive holy communion as joining the freemasons is considered a grave sin.

You probably knew that, but I only found this out recently after years of listening to my auld da' and his catholic persecution complex.

8 minutes ago, velo army said:

Not true, but probably not in the way you think. Les agiteurs du chapelet tend to imagine that they are somehow forbidden from joining the masons by the masonic lodge itself, but it was in fact Pope Clement XII that banned catholics from joining the masons (masons  being proudly secular but spiritual) in his 1738 papal bull entitled in eminente apostolatus. Until 1983 any catholic joining the freemasons would incur an automatic excommunication. Nowadays they just can't receive holy communion as joining the freemasons is considered a grave sin.

You probably knew that, but I only found this out recently after years of listening to my auld da' and his catholic persecution complex.

I don't care what religion you are this is a Celtic fan celebration thread so feck off.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I only know as a friend of mine inherited his dads position after he passed away.

Still goes to mass etc. 

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

And we're off

Beaton has been in charge of 44 games with Celtic over 10 years, Celtic have lost 3 two against Sevco and 1 against Hearts, hes been in charge 5 times this season Celtic have won them all so far.
Any referee can have an indirect effect on any game with his decision making.
Lets hope he has a quiet game.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

I only know as a friend of mine inherited his dads position after he passed away.

Still goes to mass etc. 

He must have been next in line for whatever post he got, as usually there is a conveyor belt of members progressing through the ranks.

Brilliant, we’ve got one saying they’ve won 55 titles despite only being in existence for 10 years, and now the other is saying it’ll be 10 in a row this year as having no fans in grounds doesn’t count as a title. You couldn’t make it up.

30 minutes ago, OSP said:

As a Celtic fan, this whole thread has helped me understand exactly why the rest of Scottish football hates us and Rangers. Utter fuckin drivel.

The idea is to get all the shite out the way so we can post about the football,we've done refs and religion and rangers fans only caring about Europe.
Unfortunately there is still a few to go.