Celtic (Cavalier) vs Rangers (Tavernier)

I thought that celtic got kicked out of the Vauxhall cavalier cup, anyway if we get a good result against against Leipzig on Thursday this is a bounce game.

No point in risking any injuries or fitness issues.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

I thought that celtic got kicked out of the Vauxhall cavalier cup, anyway if we get a good result against against Leipzig on Thursday this is a bounce game.

That's it..As everyone is aware a Scottish team getting to a European final will always trump an Old Firm league win, which is an achievement roughly on a par with that of the sun rising each morning. 

12 hours ago, AJF said:

Ring the changes and focus on the Leipzig game after it.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

No surrender eh lads? 

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No surrender eh lads? 

The league is done. I'd much rather we put all our eggs in the Europa League and Scottish Cup basket. I'd have no complaints going with a rotated squad on Sunday if we are still in the Leipzig tie going into next Thursday. That's not saying I'm not looking for us to win, but our squad is stretched with injuries as is.

Confident we will get the win but as mentioned draw will do. Attacking football rewarded by a few goals would be nice.  If Ideguchi is never going to play we need a CDM for next season. Any word why hes not being played even as a sub?

maybe he just needs longer to settle and next season he will feature.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me, how often do you c***s play each other?  Feels like once a month these days.

There should be legislation preventing Old Firm matches on Bank holiday weekends. That's two in a row where civilised people can't enjoy a nice Sunday meal with their families for fear of these mutants.  If we're to have a Scottish parliament let it get it's teeth into something we could all applaud !!! 

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

The league is done. I'd much rather we put all our eggs in the Europa League and Scottish Cup basket. I'd have no complaints going with a rotated squad on Sunday if we are still in the Leipzig tie going into next Thursday. That's not saying I'm not looking for us to win, but our squad is stretched with injuries as is.

Would you fully rotate and risk a hiding if it meant you had a marginally better chance at a result against Leipzig?

Just now, stressball said:

Would you fully rotate and risk a hiding if it meant you had a marginally better chance at a result against Leipzig?

It would depend on our result in Germany on Thursday I suppose. If we are ahead, level or down by a couple of goals then definitely, I'd rest as many first team players as feasibly possible for the return leg.

If we are 3 or 4 down, then it won't really matter as much and I'd say play a stronger team.