5th Place Rovers v Title Winning Killie

Entertaining game in the end. Thought we could have won it late on but denied by the crossbar and post. Good to see the team and management get clapped off.

Good luck to Killie next season. Cracking away support.

Edited by Scary Bear

Decent game that considering nothing was at stake. It started off much like a friendly, with Kilmarnock basically standing off and letting us knock the ball about with ease. Naturally, the only way we could capitalise on this dominance was through an outrageous deflection. 

Second half it was clear McInnes had read the riot act and obviously the subs helped them too. Towards the end we got back on top but just couldn't get the goal. 

Crazy that we've played everyone in the league at home in 2022 and failed to beat even one of them. No wonder we're missing the play offs. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Excellent turn out from the biggest team in the league considering the league titles won,a Friday night and live on TV

Enjoyed the game and even though Killie were virtually on their holibags thought it wouldn,t have been an injustice if we had taken the 3 points.

if only we had showed some of the attacking intent we did in the 1st half we might not have been scrambling to try and get a play off spot.Our game changed when Pops went off injured,neither Zanatta or Varian are the answer

Personally we have a few still on contract not good enough and also time for somebody knew/ different with new ideas at the helm

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Watching mcglynns post match interview it looks like he's a little emotional throughout and some of the wording throughout makes it appear like he could be gone. Iv wanted him gone, to stay, gone and so on but if it is actually the end of his time with the club it leaves a lump in the throat. I would give him another season, he's earned it if I'm being honest. 

I can't overlook signing a rapist, while we had a very good striker on the bench but that and the horrendous run of form since December are the only negatives to what must surely be almost a decade in charge of us? 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Watching mcglynns post match interview it looks like he's a little emotional throughout and some of the wording throughout makes it appear like he could be gone. Iv wanted him gone, to stay, gone and so on but if it is actually the end of his time with the club it leaves a lump in the throat. I would give him another season, he's earned it if I'm being honest. 

I can't overlook signing a rapist, while we had a very good striker on the bench but that and the horrendous run of form since December are the only negatives to what must surely be almost a decade in charge of us? 

Aye it wasn't convincing, talk of a holiday which I'm sure he's needing, Its what wasn't said that makes me think he wont be here next season

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye it wasn't convincing, talk of a holiday which I'm sure he's needing, Its what wasn't said that makes me think he wont be here next season

Red eyed etc. I think we all need a holiday after the past few seasons watching the rovers. Its been a wild ride all things considered. 

If he isn't here next season and the club know this, then it will definitely be another own goal for the club though. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Red eyed etc. I think we all need a holiday after the past few seasons watching the rovers. Its been a wild ride all things considered. 

If he isn't here next season and the club know this, then it will definitely be another own goal for the club though. 

Got all the hallmarks of it, unless theres already someone in the wings........ 

3 hours ago, Fide said:

What a thoroughly splendid away support we have. 

Just home from the game and I have never been to a game with the  atmosphere that tonight had, unbelievably special.

Probably due to us having nothing to play fir so it was party time for 90 mins.

Kudos to each & every one in the away end tonight.... fantastic 👏

Edited by C4mmy31

Great support from Killie, fair play.

Sums up our season.  Some good football, plenty of effort and endeavour,  but nowhere near good enough in the final third.  Would have been nice to have been a couple of goals to the good and keep it mildly interesting.

4 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Jamie MacDonald what a class act. Great keeper and top bloke. Still one of our own. He loves the Killie and the Killie still loves him.

Would love him back as our GK coach once he’s retired. Great shot stopper