5th Place Rovers v Title Winning Killie

On 24/04/2022 at 15:13, craigkillie said:

Amazing to think that if baldy rape apologist John McGlynn hadn't nuked Raith's season with the worst January signing in Scottish football history, it could be him and his team getting a guard of honour on to the pitch on Friday night. But unfortunately he did and they won't.

That signing undeniably did nuke our season, but to be fair to McGlynn he’s the only person involved in the whole fiasco who has spoken on camera and put his name to an apology. 

On 25/04/2022 at 20:58, San Starko Rover said:

Last game of the season games always kick off at the same time incase one game effects another. As we’re on Friday night for TV the other 4 games had to be moved. 

Nah, our game with Queen of the South was scheduled for a Friday night when the fixtures first came out last summer.

It's plainly daft that BBC are showing a completely meaningless game instead of Ayr vs Thistle.

Nice day for it. I see we’re doing the ‘it’s not over ‘till it’s over’ thing. Even though it most definitely is over. 

I’ll be there anyway. Looking forward to both us and Ayr doing the business and thrashing the opposition. Should be a memorable night.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Nice day for it. I see we’re doing the ‘it’s not over ‘till it’s over’ thing. Even though it most definitely is over. 

I’ll be there anyway. Looking forward to both us and Ayr doing the business and thrashing the opposition. Should be a memorable night.

Really don’t mind if you win but hope Ayr end up where they belong and can have their derby with Queens next season.

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Our social media around this game has been embarrassing. it’s not even being done tongue in cheek. I guess it does neatly sum up the club’s attitudes to fans this season. Treat them like they are idiots. 

What are they supposed to say exactly? “Roll up, roll up come and see a post-season dead rubber!”

40 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What are they supposed to say exactly? “Roll up, roll up come and see a post-season dead rubber!”

Agreed, I’ve been quite impressed by the improvements in social media output in recent weeks, seems the new appointment has made a difference. Yeah we all know tonight is a dead rubber but I don’t think there’s anything embarrassing about the club trying to drum up some form of excitement and boost sales even a tiny bit. It’s unlikely to work, obviously, but no harm in it.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

There’s a halfway house between saying it’s a dead rubber and acting like it’s the equivalent of helicopter Sunday. Maybe just treat fans as adults. Hyping it up unrealistically when we know it’s over just looks a bit stupid.

Edited by roverthemoon