5th Place Rovers v Title Winning Killie

33 minutes ago, Raithie said:

At least any away fan boycott after the Goodwillie debacle is clearly a non event these days. Decent uptake from Killie fans and boosts our coffers. As for the game, 2-1 Rovers. 

Given that we've not won at home since that last Kilmarnock home game it would be nice to sign off with a home win and go into the close season with at least a degree of positivity. 

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

On that topic, getting 0/4 derbies on a Saturday afternoon is total pish. 

Tell us about it. I've not seen us win at Somerset in about 30 year and missed both this season. No consideration for fans at all planning those fixtures like that

Last game on a Friday night is utter shite, all done for TV as always.  Absolutely no thought for the Killie fans who have to get to Kirkcaldy and back home as 90% are probably working that day. Game wise this should be a nothing kick-about unless Kilmarnock feel like letting us score 8.  Pretty glad this season is over, it’s been one to forget for Rovers since December and the less said about January the better. Best of luck to Killie next season.  

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Glad we will get a good pay day out of the Kilmarnock fans after having to play one of the Dunfermline games midweek and another in front of just 500. On that topic, getting 0/4 derbies on a Saturday afternoon is total pish. 

This.

36 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Last game on a Friday night is utter shite, all done for TV as always.  Absolutely no thought for the Killie fans who have to get to Kirkcaldy and back home as 90% are probably working that day. Game wise this should be a nothing kick-about unless Kilmarnock feel like letting us score 8.  Pretty glad this season is over, it’s been one to forget for Rovers since December and the less said about January the better. Best of luck to Killie next season.  

Why are all the games on the Friday night this week? 

Much as I'm glad that I'll be able to watch this game on the telly while I'm working, for me it seems like a bit of a non-event to show given the events of last Friday night. They'd be as well showing Ayr v Partick Thistle or Dunfermline v Queens given the unwanted playoff place is still up for grabs.

19 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Much as I'm glad that I'll be able to watch this game on the telly while I'm working, for me it seems like a bit of a non-event to show given the events of last Friday night. They'd be as well showing Ayr v Partick Thistle or Dunfermline v Queens given the unwanted playoff place is still up for grabs.

It’s because the tv deal has 2 home games per club over the season. This is Raith’s second game 

Won’t be a non event. Will be a party…

There will be a free programme produced for Fridays game with but people will be asked to make a donation and all monies collected will go to Kirkcaldy and Kilmarnock food banks. There will be programme available at both ends of the ground. Raith Rovers will  receive no money from this. The programme is being funded by the programme volunteers.

Last game of the season games always kick off at the same time incase one game effects another. As we’re on Friday night for TV the other 4 games had to be moved. 

None of the games were moved. When the fixtures got announced back last June 2021 for this season. They already had all 5 championship games on this Friday night.

I get the impression we are in a bit of a holiday mode now the title has been secured. After the Pub crawl Friday night followed by the Sunday session in Glasgow then a day off Monday and now Del has taken them golfing this afternoon. 

56 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I get the impression we are in a bit of a holiday mode now the title has been secured. After the Pub crawl Friday night followed by the Sunday session in Glasgow then a day off Monday and now Del has taken them golfing this afternoon. 

Quite right. What’s the point in any real training this week? You’ve won the league. Let the players enjoy it. 

19 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

None of the games were moved. When the fixtures got announced back last June 2021 for this season. They already had all 5 championship games on this Friday night.

That’s because they were always going to televise one of those 5 games. They weren’t “moved” they were scheduled to suit TV. There is no other reason for scheduling games on a Friday night than to suit Television.  If there was no TV deal the final fixtures would have been Saturday,  

Nearest good pubs are the likes of Novar Bar on Nicol Street a 15/20 mins walk from the ground.Numerous other bars in the town no much further a walk from the ground

Closest bar is the Estuary on Links Street about 10 mins from ground but not sure if falls  into the category of good pubs

Edited by Rovers_Lad