Perth Saints v Paisley Pandas, McDiarmid Park 30/04/22

10 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I didn't realise Ciftci was playing today until he was taken off.

Hasn't done ANYTHING for 6 or 7 games - still starts every game though and has journalists and Callum bigging him up in the paper.

Ludicrous.

24 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Easy to have a go at Dallas after my team has lost, but he was woeful today. Poor decisions both ways and the free kick/drop ball nonsense was another indication of him not being good enough. 

Win, lose or draw Dallas was awful. His decision making was baffling and his general demeanor was completely arrogant.

We love a good boo at a referee but that guy is on a level all of his own.

14 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The bit when Main was tackled and it was clearly a St Mirren corner and Dallas sprinted forward, pointing to give the goal kick. For a split second, I thought he'd given a penalty. Don't know why he couldn't have just signaled for a goal kick normally. 

We thought the same - mostly because it’s the kind of ridiculous decision Dallas would give. I thought we’d got rid of him? He’s genuinely clueless. That one where he gave a free kick for handball - which was obviously nowhere near the guy’s arm - then reversed himself and gave us a drop ball at the corner flag was wild. It either, surely, has to be at the position where the free kick would have been or at the point where the ball broke to - which was at Middleton’s feet at the edge of the box. So much total nonsense all game, thankfully none of it match changing.

We we’re a disgrace in every department today and we need to bin Davidson now - not at the end of the season, now.

I thought we played quite well today (at least compared to the previous games under Robinson) and fully deserved the victory. The change in formation and personnel improved us no end. And for all that I thought the Fakes were shite I still reckon they will win any playoff against anyone except Arbroath (who I reckon are better than Killie) where it is a 50-50. Something to hold on to lads.

Special mention to Ronan (as usual), Gogic, Kiltie, Greive and unbelievably Main.

Edited by NorthBank

Leaving aside the pessimism that comes from one win and 9 defeats -  several of those defeats after being ahead - Saints were never in any trouble today.  

St Johnstone’s best hope would have been Hibs who were truly woeful against us last week, and would have been lucky to get a draw, but instead got 3. 

That saved them, as I doubt they’ll get another point this season. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

We thought the same - mostly because it’s the kind of ridiculous decision Dallas would give. I thought we’d got rid of him? He’s genuinely clueless. That one where he gave a free kick for handball - which was obviously nowhere near the guy’s arm - then reversed himself and gave us a drop ball at the corner flag was wild. It either, surely, has to be at the position where the free kick would have been or at the point where the ball broke to - which was at Middleton’s feet at the edge of the box. So much total nonsense all game, thankfully none of it match changing.

We we’re a disgrace in every department today and we need to bin Davidson now - not at the end of the season, now.

He pointed to his ear and explained to one of the players that the linesman had told him he’d got it wrong so gave the drop ball.  Otherwise agree, he was dreadful all game without impacting on the outcome in any way.

4 hours ago, Broughty said:

Where is Liam Craig? Even a half fit Liam Craig would be 100% better than what we have to support Murray Davidson.

Said the same last week. Sitting in front of the defence allowing Murray to push on a bit, Liam Craig would be a massive improvement on Crawford, Hallberg or MacPherson, as big a bunch of jersey fillers as you could find.  You’d hope he’d actually also give a f**k, which might rub off on some of those around him.

Crawford is limited at the best of times, but this position ‘wide’ of a flat three is pointless as it brings none of his ‘attributes’ to the table.  If he’s playing, it needs to be centrally off the strikers where he can drive forward and arrive in the box late to get onto balls across. 

Rooney kept going and seemed to be one of the few who wanted to inject a bit of fight in when we were losing, and, whilst McCart makes the occasional mistake, he’s been our best defender by a mile for the past couple of months, and was again today.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely not 😂

The guys gone hugely down in my estimations this season. The way he hounded a 22yo out the club gave everyone a glimpse but how hes acted since is simply confirming it now. Just zero dignity or class about him at all this season.

Yeah, afraid so, said there were a lot if decisions that went against them.

To be honest, I feel bad for the Saintees today after that. I've sat and watched that performance so many times from St Mirren and it's soul destroying. We didn't actually need to be good today, we just wanted it a bit more. You could see our confidence was shot, and when we didn't score in the first half I think that would have done us against a better team, but we just had to plug away and one goal was always going to be enough.

I think St Johnstone can win the playoff, but I'm not sure they will. They'll play a team worse than them, but who will be on a high and absolutely giving it everything.

I seem to remember a St Johnstone fan previously saying that Davidsons only response to going behind was to send on more strikers. Saw that tactic today.
To be perfectly honest, it was at lot more structured than the mess when he did it in the Ross County. Not much more effective right enough.

Hopefully McCart avoids a ban. One of the very few that can hold their heads up over the last few months.

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

Win, lose or draw Dallas was awful. His decision making was baffling and his general demeanor was completely arrogant.

We love a good boo at a referee but that guy is on a level all of his own.

Exactly, cant wait for VAR  These kuntz jobs will be on the line. 

7 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

To be perfectly honest, it was at lot more structured than the mess when he did it in the Ross County. Not much more effective right enough.

Hopefully McCart avoids a ban. One of the very few that can hold their heads up over the last few months.

There's not a chance he's avoiding a ban for it IMO. The replay is pretty incriminating in that he looks down at Greive's leg as he stands on it.

8 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah, afraid so, said there were a lot if decisions that went against them.

Christ.

It's the weakest excuse in football, blaming refs, as you generally just ignore your actual performance. Fine for fans to be like that but managers are just making excuses for themselves.

Martindales wee meltdown over refs "costing" them top 6 in the game against us handily ignored them creating nothing for 90 minutes then missing an unmarked header from 3 yards in the final minute. Now we have Davidson mewling about refs when we spend 90 minutes, yet again, creating absolutely nothing.