Perth Saints v Paisley Pandas, McDiarmid Park 30/04/22

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Christ.

It's the weakest excuse in football, blaming refs, as you generally just ignore your actual performance. Fine for fans to be like that but managers are just making excuses for themselves.

Martindales wee meltdown over refs "costing" them top 6 in the game against us handily ignored them creating nothing for 90 minutes then missing an unmarked header from 3 yards in the final minute. Now we have Davidson mewling about refs when we spend 90 minutes, yet again, creating absolutely nothing.

Dallas was an absolute shambles yesterday but there was nothing even remotely close to a game changing decision or something that actually affected the outcome of the game. It is a pathetic excuse. Dallas didn't force us to have zero shots on target in 90 minutes.

The other thing that Martindale conveniently overlooked was the stick on red card his team should have had, which would probably have been just as big a game changer in our favour earlier in the game.  

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

St Mirren deserved the win. Better organised, able to get in behind and create occasional openings and outfought us most of the game.

What an insipid performance from us.  A team of shitebags. Going into a two legged play off against any championship team full of fight is a lottery, regardless of how poor folk say the standard is down there.

The worst midfield we’ve had in this 12 year spell in the Premiership by a long way.  

Have you considered that perhaps you were bad but that we were actually good....

.... No I'lll get my coat. Awkward The Simpsons GIF

12 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Have you considered that perhaps you were bad but that we were actually good....

Narrator: They were not good.

The more I think back to yesterday I am genuinely surprised we didn't lose a goal in the dying minutes. St Johnstone were utter dog shit for almost all of the game, like really bad, as I said in the St Mirren thread I've never seen such a poor St Johnstone side in years, even going back to the Championship days. However, it only takes one fluke deflection or one badly timed clearance to bring an equaliser and the fact we never killed them off was worrying considering just how poor they were. Dallas being Dallas didn't help matters, when talking about fine margins you don't need the wild card of an official that is, oooh... let's just say "finicky" and leave it at that.

There was nerves of course, this was never going to be a simple game considering the positions of both teams, the stage of the league, and the current form, so it's understandable it turned out a fairly scrappy game decided by a single goal. No, yesterday's game was, when you think about it, exactly what we should have expected, and while the positive for us is we came away with the 3 points, the game itself however only shined a light on the negatives as to why both of these teams are where they are in the league.

I know I'm one for taking the piss, but honestly, that St Johnstone side Davidson put out yesterday would struggle to win the Championship playoffs, and I mean the ones at the other end, the ones Dunfermline are going into, not the ones Arbroath, Caley and Thistle are competing for.

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I wonder if Paisley North MP Gavin Newlands reads the forum. If so, get it up ye!!!

Have I missed something, is he a closet St Johnstone fan or something?

Dallas was an absolute shambles yesterday but there was nothing even remotely close to a game changing decision or something that actually affected the outcome of the game. It is a pathetic excuse. Dallas didn't force us to have zero shots on target in 90 minutes.

Usually when both sets of fans think the referee was awful, neutrals would say he’s probably had a good game. Not the case yesterday - looked like he’d won a competition to be there, and you were just waiting for the next howler to come.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Narrator: They were not good.

The more I think back to yesterday I am genuinely surprised we didn't lose a goal in the dying minutes. St Johnstone were utter dog shit for almost all of the game, like really bad, as I said in the St Mirren thread I've never seen such a poor St Johnstone side in years, even going back to the Championship days. However, it only takes one fluke deflection or one badly timed clearance to bring an equaliser and the fact we never killed them off was worrying considering just how poor they were. Dallas being Dallas didn't help matters, when talking about fine margins you don't need the wild card of an official that is, oooh... let's just say "finicky" and leave it at that.

There was nerves of course, this was never going to be a simple game considering the positions of both teams, the stage of the league, and the current form, so it's understandable it turned out a fairly scrappy game decided by a single goal. No, yesterday's game was, when you think about it, exactly what we should have expected, and while the positive for us is we came away with the 3 points, the game itself however only shined a light on the negatives as to why both of these teams are where they are in the league.

I know I'm one for taking the piss, but honestly, that St Johnstone side Davidson put out yesterday would struggle to win the Championship playoffs, and I mean the ones at the other end, the ones Dunfermline are going into, not the ones Arbroath, Caley and Thistle are competing for.

Aye

7 minutes ago, codfish said:

Usually when both sets of fans think the referee was awful, neutrals would say he’s probably had a good game. Not the case yesterday - looked like he’d won a competition to be there, and you were just waiting for the next howler to come.

He is only there because of his dad. What is frustrating is that we all understand referees will make honest mistakes, there all all human after all, Collum aside, but it's the arrogance with pretty much all of them that annoys.

Imagine if there was a performance like that at Biggotfest today? There would be weeks of debate on tv and radio. 

Watched the entire 90 mins I recorded on BBC Teuchter, knowing the result, and having read the comments on this thread. Reading the comments on here, especially the St Johnstone fans comments on their own team, I was expecting some sort of one-sided affair where St Mirren were the only team doing anything. I simply didn’t see it that way. We had the early Greive chance, a Gogic shot after his free kick hit the wall, and the goal itself. Apart from a few long Shaughnessy throw-ins, not much else of note. Curtis Main did indeed put in a shift, so those comments were bang on.

St Johnstone had a good chance that was dragged wide, Ciftci put in a decent ball from the left, right across the six yard line, but no takers. I genuinely thought St Mirren were the better team, but my take on it is that St Johnstone weren’t nearly as bad as I expected from the comments, and it is simply the result itself that has, understandably, riled the Saintees fans.

Andrew Dallas was a joke, more comments I agree with. Curtis Main reaches behind himself, grabs an opponent’s jersey by the neck, drags his opponent to the ground - and Dallas gives St Mirren the free kick. Fraser does his best Michael Jordan impersonation and isn’t even booked? Jesus wept.

If St Johnstone do end up in a relegation playoff, they’ll get through it. It might not be pretty, but they’ll survive OK over two games. I don’t think they were that far away from at least drawing that game against us yesterday, despite Alnwick not having to do too much.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Johnstone had a good chance that was dragged wide, Ciftci put in a decent ball from the left, right across the six yard line, but no takers. I genuinely thought St Mirren were the better team, but my take on it is that St Johnstone weren’t nearly as bad as I expected from the comments, and it is simply the result itself that has, understandably, riled the Saintees fans.

It's the predictability of it all.

Important game. Start slow. Create no openings apart from half chances after lucky bounces. Fall behind. Create nothing after going behind and look more likely to concede another. End game with 0 shots on target.

You know how often we've seen that under Davidson this season, particularly at home?

The feeling towards him would be even worse if fans were at games last season, lest we forget his record breaking tally of 9 league goals in 19 home games.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's the predictability of it all.

Important game. Start slow. Create no openings apart from half chances after lucky bounces. Fall behind. Create nothing after going behind and look more likely to concede another. End game with 0 shots on target.

You know how often we've seen that under Davidson this season, particularly at home?

The feeling towards him would be even worse if fans were at games last season, lest we forget his record breaking tally of 9 league goals in 19 home games.

Until we won yesterday, we were saying the same sort of stuff about St Mirren - everything had completely turned to shite. There was absolutely nothing good about us at all. A complete arse collapse in every area imaginable. Going into yesterday’s game it looked for all the world like we were going to be dragged into the relegation mire. Hibs fans are completely down on their team, so were Aberdeen and Dundee fans. Let’s be honest, the top 3 aside, most of us have been utter mince for much of this season. I completely understand that I don’t watch St Johnstone every week, but I have watched enough shite from my own team to understand where you’re coming from. Nothing for it but to just hope you scrape survival and go again next season.

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Until we won yesterday, we were saying the same sort of stuff about St Mirren - everything had completely turned to shite. There was absolutely nothing good about us at all. A complete arse collapse in every area imaginable. Going into yesterday’s game it looked for all the world like we were going to be dragged into the relegation mire. Hibs fans are completely down on their team, so were Aberdeen and Dundee fans. Let’s be honest, the top 3 aside, most of us have been utter mince for much of this season. I completely understand that I don’t watch St Johnstone every week, but I have watched enough shite from my own team to understand where you’re coming from. Nothing for it but to just hope you scrape survival and go again next season.

We scored 9 home goals last season. This isn't a bad run of form, this is a consistent issue under Davidson that he's never tried to resolve.

3 hours ago, Ric said:

No closet about it. He's a big St Johnstone fan. Posts about them on twitter all the time. 

The two MPs for Paisley; St Johnstone and Partick Thistle fans. Might meet in the playoff final. 

18 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

No closet about it. He's a big St Johnstone fan. Posts about them on twitter all the time. 

The two MPs for Paisley; St Johnstone and Partick Thistle fans. Might meet in the playoff final. 

While George Adam can look on smugly 😀

39 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If that happens I'd prefer Black to be celebrating.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I wonder if Paisley North MP Gavin Newlands reads the forum. If so, get it up ye!!!

.....qnd it looks like our other MP supports the Jags!

Missed the game so had a flick to confirm that Main actually played well and we actually won a game. 

St Johnstone were horrendous given the magnitude of the game. The defending for our goal is terrible, so many players who just don't seem to care. 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

There’s no prospect this band of shite bags, led by manager, will stay up. Sack Davidson, bin his favourites and bring in the old heads who actually give a shit and we have a chance.