Perth Saints v Paisley Pandas, McDiarmid Park 30/04/22

St Johnstone ticket arrangements are tip top. Bought online and you get the QR code on your phone or print it out. No queuing on the day, and no pointless trips to St Mirren Park to queue to buy tickets for an away game. This should be the standard for all Premiership teams from now on.
Match day, and trying to muster some kind of optimism for this game. Still struggling tbh. Maybe St Johnstone will get a player sent off in the first half and we’ll hang on to draw 0-0?

Brophy to score the winner from 30 yards because I spend so much time saying he'd be a far better player if he didn't just shoot every time he got the ball.

Intrigued to see our selection. Manager put a lot of faith in Crawford early on and got some reward (scored a couple of winners) but he's now regressed into doing nothing again. He's not had anything for his faith in Ciftci yet though, so perhaps that's still to come.

Can't afford a start like last week, I've not seen St Mirren play since Robinson took charge but I can't see a team with Jordan Jones/Kiltie/Ronan allowing us to still be in the game if we play like we did against Dundee.

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

St Johnstone ticket arrangements are tip top. Bought online and you get the QR code on your phone or print it out. No queuing on the day, and no pointless trips to St Mirren Park to queue to buy tickets for an away game. This should be the standard for all Premiership teams from now on.
Match day, and trying to muster some kind of optimism for this game. Still struggling tbh. Maybe St Johnstone will get a player sent off in the first half and we’ll hang on to draw 0-0?

For some reason the online site didn't recognise my email address. Phoned up, got straight through, booked over the phone and got my email ticket a minute later. Imagine that.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

There will be no best team in this game - just a slightly less shite one.

Sadly expect this to be the case. Our leader is in the papers again giving it the 'biggest game' chat. Well, that's because he put is in a relegation battle. Anyway IMO since our calamitous run up to Christmas we've had 2 huge games, where we really needed a win. County in Dingwall and last week at Dens. We chucked away a half time lead in the first and scraped a draw in the second. Essentially we've had two critical turning points this season and fucked it both times because we're mostly pea-hearted with a couple of exceptions. St Mirren seem to have a bit more backbone. Except Scott Tanser obviously.

They might be in poor form right now but the buddies have the 5th best away record in the division. We've one of the worst at home, obviously. Also, they've not scored in 7 visits to Macdairmid and are averaging a goal a game in away fixtures over the season. Therefore by my faultless logic they're due 7 (seven) today. Our scoring has picked up a bit though so we'll probably get a goal or two and of course the draw is nailed on. So that can only mean one scoreline. 

I expect us to start as per last week. Because Callum Davidson. 

Clark

Rooney  Cleary Gordon McCart Booth

Hallberg   Davidson     

Crawford    

Hendry    Ciftci   

7 (seven)-7 (seven) nailed on. 

Scott Tanser with 6 and Ronan with a scissor-kick volley from the building materials section at B&Q. Hendry to score our 7. One left foot, one right foot, head, one bouncing off his arse, one blown into the net, one cheeky backheel and the last directed into the top corner by psychokinesis.

Probably around evens at McBookie. 

In all seriousness though, 0-0. 

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

For some reason the online site didn't recognise my email address. Phoned up, got straight through, booked over the phone and got my email ticket a minute later. Imagine that.

it's something we've got far better at in the last couple of years to give credit where it's due. Agree there's no reason for it not to be standard across the land. If we've installed it, you can guarantee it's cheap. 

Mind-blowingly we also take contactless payment at the catering now too. 

Clark
Rooney Gordon McCart
Sang, Hallberg, Davidson, Booth
Middleton Hendry May

Same as me, only change I had was Bair because I’m getting frustrated trying to figure him out.

I’ve wrote Hector Ingram off altogether, especially after radfords comments on his pre match warm up at Hibs.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Brophy to score the winner from 30 yards because I spend so much time saying he'd be a far better player if he didn't just shoot every time he got the ball.

Intrigued to see our selection. Manager put a lot of faith in Crawford early on and got some reward (scored a couple of winners) but he's now regressed into doing nothing again. He's not had anything for his faith in Ciftci yet though, so perhaps that's still to come.

Can't afford a start like last week, I've not seen St Mirren play since Robinson took charge but I can't see a team with Jordan Jones/Kiltie/Ronan allowing us to still be in the game if we play like we did against Dundee.

I've heard this criticism of Brophy from a few people, and it's probably fair. However after seeing so many strikers at St Mirren who NEVER shoot, that's a fault I'm happy for him to have. 

As for Jones/Kiltie/Ronan, Kiltie has been injured, Jones has been ineffective (I think that's being kind). Ronan is a class act, if we somehow manage to win today then it's almost a certainty that he'll be involved. 

I literally have no idea how St Mirren will line up today. Stick with 352, revert to a back 4? It's a must win for St Johnstone but more a must not lose for us. You'd expect that will affect both managers' thinking. 

50 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I've heard this criticism of Brophy from a few people, and it's probably fair. However after seeing so many strikers at St Mirren who NEVER shoot, that's a fault I'm happy for him to have. 

I think there's a middle ground that, tbf, very few players at our level find.

Always felt that decision making is what will/has hold/held Brophy back from having a better career than bottom half Premiership. He'll possibly be one who'll peak in his 30s.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think there's a middle ground that, tbf, very few players at our level find.

Always felt that decision making is what will/has hold/held Brophy back from having a better career than bottom half Premiership. He'll possibly be one who'll peak in his 30s.

Agreed. He's got 7 league goals this season which isn't exactly spectacular but he has had a very stop start season with injuries. I think on his day he's as good as anyone in the bottom six. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Agree you can also add Livingston to good service for away tickets also. 

FRl9VbQXIAAg9VB.thumb.jpeg.883086d68a72327b57dfcd6d932aca44.jpeg

Same as what started the second half v Dundee, which I guess everyone expected?

Crawford and Ciftci need to do something to justify their constant selection.

Sang v Tanser interesting. Sang happy going inside or out and, for us, Tanser could never cope with people who could cut inside.

Also it annoys me that Tait is finished yet we have nobody on the left so it won't be taken advantage of.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Pros: Grieve, Kiltie
Cons: Main

I also think dropping Power is overdue.

The manager said he'd make a call on other whether Brophy was fit enough to start.  So with that formation Main was an inevitable outcome unfortunately.  Grieve did very well last week when he came on which is positive as is Kiltie in as a 10.