Perth Saints v Paisley Pandas, McDiarmid Park 30/04/22

Brophy and Tait available for the game.

Personally think Brophy shouldn't be near the starting XI - offered bugger all against Hibs. Grieve to start with Kiltie playing off him (if he's fit). Pop Ronan on the right wing with Jones on the left. Gogic starting over Erhahon. 

Edited by dublin_bud

1 hour ago, dublin_bud said:

Personally think Brophy shouldn't be near the starting XI - offered bugger all against Hibs. Grieve to start with Kiltie playing off him (if he's fit). Pop Ronan on the right wing with Jones on the left. Gogic starting over Erhahon. 

Funny how fans see everything different. 

I think Brophy is by far our best striker, Grieve definitely has potential but we look even worse when Brophy isn't on the pitch. Just my opinion though.

Funny since that great run we were on, Kiltie hasn't looked the same player since and Ronan plays far too deep for my liking. He's one of the few that can actually score a goal and influence a game. 

Brophy is by a mile our best forward (more so away from home) and Ronan is wasted wide. I'd have Ronan playing behind Brophy over Kiltie. Agree re Gogic though.

2 hours ago, dublin_bud said:

Brophy wasn't the issue.....there was absolutely no attempt to play to his, or our attacking, strengths. Smashing a ball as far forward as you can with a 40 yard gap between forwards and attackers isn't a universally accepted tactic!!

2 hours ago, dublin_bud said:

Personally think Brophy shouldn't be near the starting XI - offered bugger all against Hibs. Grieve to start with Kiltie playing off him (if he's fit). Pop Ronan on the right wing with Jones on the left.  

Available but major doubts to start according the manager's interview.  

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

Hope we get a penalty for nothing like St Mirren did last time we played.

I hope we win on a highly debatable decision. It will only make for a quiet Saturday night. 

0-0.

Hope we get a penalty for nothing like St Mirren did last time we played.

I personally hope we snatch all three points with the most offside goal that there’s ever been in the 5th minute of stoppage time. Or win comfortably, but that’s far less likely.

6 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Well I hope that the best team wins in a fair contest that is well refereed.

Just the type of guy I am.

There will be no best team in this game - just a slightly less shite one.