Perth Saints v Paisley Pandas, McDiarmid Park 30/04/22

£10 on a home win and it’ll pay for the match ticket…

No faith whatsoever in this St Mirren team pulling a result out the bag - it’s as if the United game at home sucked the remaining fight out the players, and Robinson will throw at least one ‘interesting’ selection into the mix.

Only saving grace is that St Johnstone fans could easily be saying the same thing. Two really poor sides on current form - eye-bleeding 0-0 or 1-0 a certainty.

Zander 

Dan  Liam Jamie 

Shaun Murray Melker Callum 

Ali Glenn 

Callum 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

'If Robinson's still in charge' implies that his position is in any imminent danger of being vacated this week.

There's absolutely no chance.

I fear you're right. In which case I think I'll have to avoid watching or listening to this, because it will probably make me very angry and spoil my weekend.

In response to Codfish's post below ( @Div  - apparently one cannot turn off the code so I can edit posts? It's infuriating sometimes), I think the team have proved they can get results this season. We held Celtic to a draw at home with a couple of debutants. It's the manager I hold responsible for this situation.

54 minutes ago, codfish said:

£10 on a home win and it’ll pay for the match ticket…

No faith whatsoever in this St Mirren team pulling a result out the bag - it’s as if the United game at home sucked the remaining fight out the players, and Robinson will throw at least one ‘interesting’ selection into the mix.

Only saving grace is that St Johnstone fans could easily be saying the same thing. Two really poor sides on current form - eye-bleeding 0-0 or 1-0 a certainty.

Edited by Mr. Smith

This is an interesting game as it’s a genuine must win for us and that’s pretty unknown territory for the manager. There have been games this season I’d have also classed as must win before hand that the manager treated as ‘must not lose’ e.g Dundee at home at the start of the year. But a point would do us absolutely no good here: tho I was as disappointed as anyone that we settled for a point at Dens, not losing ensured we still have the buffer over 12th. Which, in theory, means we can go for it here in an effort to close the gap, knowing that a draw doesn’t help us at all.

So I’m very interested to see how Davidson lines up and whether there will be any notable difference in attitude from the players. The way we started at Dens in the most important game of our season was a disgrace. That can’t happen again.

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Can we hand Cammy Macpherson back as well?

He'd do a job in the Championship so probably fair to say loser keeps him.

I've just cleaned out my Bet365 account (£12.68) on the home win. We will play the wrong formation, and the wrong players in that wrong formation, and then Robinson will wonder why it's gone wrong.

St Johnstone have a 4-4-4 record in their last 12, which is survival form. They are at least showing some fight. I know this is going to sound like every other 'naw, we're the shittest!' post that this thread, and most our recent threads, have been/will be filled with, but we have become very, very poor. Whereas we were, until recently, at least hard to beat, we have lost that fight and that fundamental organisation.

2-0 St Johnstone and the pressure will really be on.

17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd cut and run very happily with a point. 

It's must win for St. Johnstone, it's must not lose for us. A draw maintains a 5 point gap and I'd say with a degree of confidence that would be too big to make up in the last three matches.

However, we're fucking atrocious at McDairmid even when we're doing OK so this team going up there worries me greatly.

St. Johnstone could huff and puff, trip over their laces all game and we'll still have a massive brain fart that they'll capitalise on. Dundee Utd did it, Hibs did it.

Exactly this. Its must not lose for St Mirren and must win for St Johnstone. While in the one hand, a point her coupled an Aberdeen win would give us 6 points advantage on Dundee on the automatic drop, a Dundee win would close that to 3, but bring us within 4 of Aberdeen with them still to play.

For St Mirren, win and you are almost certainly safe.

19 hours ago, Torfason said:

As pessimistic as he is, the facts are quite simple. We have a 24% win rate this season, so statistically he is right more often than he is wrong 😂

Perth has never been a happy hunting ground for us but my glass is half full . Hibs game was far from a great game but I seen green shoots not seen in previous weeks. Far more balls into the box  ball cleared off the line crossbar rattled so fingers crossed the players are up for this game. As for Elvis the guy is a self confessed Celtic fan. No matter what club you support you just don't up sticks and support another club to predict a loss week in week out, season after season tells me at least he is no buddie.

I thought we looked better in the Hibs game than some of our other games, but that's not saying much. Stick on home win all day long, probably like the Hibs game, late winner after a turgid game that looked like a 0-0. 

We look utterly mince. 

On 24/04/2022 at 13:45, btb said:

Yeah, that's what the Hibs & Motherwell fans told us - I very much hope we have a coupla big performances left in us but my confidence is low.

And Dundee Utd fans aswell, we've went on to lose the lot of them, and i'd be very surprised if we didn't lose this one too. The Saintees are in much better form than Hibs and Motherwell were before they both comfortably beat us. For me the best case realistic scenario is a replay of our last game at McDiarmid in November, which is still one of the strangest games I've seen this season. St Johnstone, at home to us, sat back and played for a 0-0, and they got it.  Perhaps they'll do similar here? Surely Davidson won't be so defensive minded again, if he has a go our defence will give up plenty of chances and goals.

2-0 home win

Robinson to come up with yet more excuses in his post match interview about how none of this is really his fault. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Perth has never been a happy hunting ground for us but my glass is half full . Hibs game was far from a great game but I seen green shoots not seen in previous weeks. Far more balls into the box  ball cleared off the line crossbar rattled so fingers crossed the players are up for this game. As for Elvis the guy is a self confessed Celtic fan. No matter what club you support you just don't up sticks and support another club to predict a loss week in week out, season after season tells me at least he is no buddie.

I can 100% assure you I am not in the least bit interested in Celtic haven't been for 50 years and as I have told you already I took us to win against Hibs last week you plum.