Perth Saints v Paisley Pandas, McDiarmid Park 30/04/22

Big game for both clubs.

A win for Saints drags the Buddies right into the mix, whereas a St Mirren win pretty much guarantees their safety.

A tight game ending in a draw is the likely outcome with two teams struggling for goals, which surely suits st mirren much more.

Interesting game from a St Johnstone point of view as only a win will do. Will we actually go for it here, or are we more likely to keep it tight for 75 minutes then have a wee push at the end of the match..??

I’m going to shock people here with my suggestion.

3-4-3

Clark

Rooney Gordon McCart

Sang Davidson Hallberg Booth

Hendry Bair Ciftci

We need to go for it, our defence looked shaky to start yesterday and i think Cleary didn’t help. Neither did Gordon who I’ve been thinking has looked shaky for a long time, could we maybe be looking at another Anderson case where the captaincy isn’t helping the player? f**k knows I’m not intelligent enough to debate that.

Sang looked composed on the right and linked up well with Rooney.

Up front is a gamble but it gives us something different to try.

Absolute stick-on home win, most likely by 1-0, but could be 2-0 if we go for it chasing an equaliser and leave ourselves open to the counter. Post match interview sees Robinson pretty much blame the invasion of Ukraine for the defeat, and we start pricing Pampers packs in the local Tesco.

58 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m going to shock people here with my suggestion.

3-4-3

Clark

Rooney Gordon McCart

Sang Davidson Hallberg Booth

Hendry Bair Ciftci

We need to go for it, our defence looked shaky to start yesterday and i think Cleary didn’t help. Neither did Gordon who I’ve been thinking has looked shaky for a long time, could we maybe be looking at another Anderson case where the captaincy isn’t helping the player? f**k knows I’m not intelligent enough to debate that.

Sang looked composed on the right and linked up well with Rooney.

Up front is a gamble but it gives us something different to try.

I wouldn’t be moving Hendry out of the middle. He didn’t perform well in a front three previously, and I feel he remains our big hope for goals, so I’d be reluctant to go for that as a starting line up.

I get the desire to try something different though.. maybe change to 3 up for the last 25 minutes if we’re not winning.

Also thought we looked far better going forward with Sang at wing back, and Rooney at rcb.  The only argument for starting Rooney wide is that he’d be up against Tanser, and has the potential to bully and intimidate him.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Bair on from the start?

:lol:

Can he honestly be a downgrade on Ciftci?

38 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I wouldn’t be moving Hendry out of the middle. He didn’t perform well in a front three previously, and I feel he remains our big hope for goals, so I’d be reluctant to go for that as a starting line up.

I get the desire to try something different though.. maybe change to 3 up for the last 25 minutes if we’re not winning.

Also thought we looked far better going forward with Sang at wing back, and Rooney at rcb.  The only argument for starting Rooney wide is that he’d be up against Tanser, and has the potential to bully and intimidate him.

Thought that Sang was a breath of fresh air going forward but really struggled stopping crosses, which would be a real danger if Tanser gets past or in behind. The other issue on that side is Jordan Jones. I think we're likely to get more joy up the other wing so Middleton might be in the mix. 

I think the starting lineup will be setup that we saw at half time yesterday, and I suspect he'll want to be starting MacPherson. Otherwise we might as well of kept him on loan. Just keep him off the free kicks at least ffs.

The St Mirren expectation of a loss is very much misplaced IMO. 

23 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Yeah, that's what the Hibs & Motherwell fans told us - I very much hope we have a coupla big performances left in us but my confidence is low.

Edited by btb

45 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Thought that Sang was a breath of fresh air going forward but really struggled stopping crosses, which would be a real danger if Tanser gets past or in behind. The other issue on that side is Jordan Jones. I think we're likely to get more joy up the other wing so Middleton might be in the mix. 

I think the starting lineup will be setup that we saw at half time yesterday, and I suspect he'll want to be starting MacPherson. Otherwise we might as well of kept him on loan. Just keep him off the free kicks at least ffs.

Somehow managed to forget about Jones, who seems to be a frustratingly inconsistent player much of the time, unless he's up against us where he invariably turns into Cristiano Ronaldo in his peak Man Utd days.

Middleton is tempting, until you recall the vast majority of his half arsed performances this season.

56 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You'd like to not think so. The issue is Davidson won't play him. Why pay money for Bair, Vertainen and Mahon and not play them? Tells you all you need to know about what's been going on at Mcdiarmid, shambles.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

No they won't not a chance in hell.

Why bother answering I have not seen one prediction from you to say St Mirren would win a game in many seasons you have been posting.  So put your cards on the table tell us when you posted Saints would win let's make it easy. Just this season. 

23 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Why bother answering I have not seen one prediction from you to say St Mirren would win a game in many seasons you have been posting.  So put your cards on the table tell us when you posted Saints would win let's make it easy. Just this season. 

Just this week over on BWA ya plum.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Big game for both clubs.

A win for Saints drags the Buddies right into the mix, whereas a St Mirren win pretty much guarantees their safety.

A tight game ending in a draw is the likely outcome with two teams struggling for goals, which surely suits st mirren much more.

Interesting game from a St Johnstone point of view as only a win will do. Will we actually go for it here, or are we more likely to keep it tight for 75 minutes then have a wee push at the end of the match..??

If Robinson's still in charge, I will be sticking £20 on you to win. Easy money.

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

As pessimistic as he is, the facts are quite simple. We have a 24% win rate this season, so statistically he is right more often than he is wrong 😂

I'd cut and run very happily with a point. 

It's must win for St. Johnstone, it's must not lose for us. A draw maintains a 5 point gap and I'd say with a degree of confidence that would be too big to make up in the last three matches.

However, we're fucking atrocious at McDairmid even when we're doing OK so this team going up there worries me greatly.

St. Johnstone could huff and puff, trip over their laces all game and we'll still have a massive brain fart that they'll capitalise on. Dundee Utd did it, Hibs did it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Smith said:

If Robinson's still in charge, I will be sticking £20 on you to win. Easy money.

'If Robinson's still in charge' implies that his position is in any imminent danger of being vacated this week.

There's absolutely no chance.