Aberdeen v Dundee

I've personally never seen Dundee win at Pittodrie in about 25-30 games since 1984 but that must be under threat next Saturday.

To have any chance, Goodwin needs to have us attack with purpose, play Considine instead of Bates (play anyone instead of Bates), play Ramsay and play someone off Ramirez.

But McGhee, despite himself, seems to have Dundee fighting and we've been withering since conceding that second equaliser at Dens.

Even the fans seem to be nonplussed.

I think Dundee will take either a point or three back down the road.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

14 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I've personally never seen Dundee win at Pittodrie in about 25-30 games since 1984 but that must be under threat next Saturday.

To have any chance, Goodwin needs to have us attack with purpose, play Considine instead of Bates (play anyone instead of Bates), play Ramsay and play someone off Ramirez.

But McGhee, despite himself, seems to have Dundee fighting and we've been withering since conceding that second equaliser at Dens.

Even the fans seem to be nonplussed.

I think Dundee will take either a point or three back down the road.

Clearly was never in Pittodrie for a Dundee game from 98 to 2011.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

After Charlie's dive yesterday, effectively evaporating his whole 'it's a man's game' rhetoric from the last Aberdeen game, it's kinda funny that this is the next one up.

The thought of Aberdeen getting dragged into the playoffs is funny. The thought of Aberdeen getting relegated with us and sharing the Championship next season is not. Aberdeen win.

He really is a big fat mess of a person. That dive yesterday is up there as 1 of the worst in the history of football. 
How he gets on the tv I will never understand, can only presume it’s due to his allegiances.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Clearly was never in Pittodrie for a Dundee game from 98 to 2011.

I stopped going to Pittodrie from around 1997 to 2000ish before slowly starting to return but I was at four Dundee games during that period..

20/12/2003 2-2 (Anderson, Hutchinson, Novo, Wilkie O.G)

10/01/2004 0-0 Scottish Cup

02/10/2004 1-1 (Sutton, Heikkinen)

19/03/2005 1-1 (Whelan, McManus)

46 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I stopped going to Pittodrie from around 1997 to 2000ish before slowly starting to return but I was at four Dundee games during that period..

20/12/2003 2-2 (Anderson, Hutchinson, Novo, Wilkie O.G)

10/01/2004 0-0 Scottish Cup

02/10/2004 1-1 (Sutton, Heikkinen)

19/03/2005 1-1 (Whelan, McManus)

Convenient.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Convenient.

I tell you no lies Mr Dun. I did see Dundee win at Montrose in September 1991  (the same day Aberdeen would win at Ibrox for the last time against Oldco and the last time all told until 2017).

Although I had never seen Livingston win at Pittodrie in 90 minutes (they did win 2-3 after extra-time in League Cup tie in 2003)  until yesterday

I have seen five no score draws with Aberdeen and Dundee at Pittodrie and a score draw four times with 13 home wins.

Other than that, I saw Dundee draw 1-1 at Tyncastle (Ian Jardine and Stuart Rafferty) in November 1985 which was the first game of Hearts unbeaten run before Albert Kidd appeared, and I saw a Tayside derby in 2015 and a 3-0 loss for the Dark Blues when Shift Key scored a couple.

The only time I've seen Dundee beat Aberdeen was in December 2005 at Dens when Barrett scored and Steven Craig was sent off for Aberdeen.

So I've seen Dundee 32 times and they've won twice. That's a 6% win rate.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

22 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I tell you no lies Mr Dun. I did see Dundee win at Montrose in September 1991  (the same day Aberdeen would win at Ibrox for the last time against Oldco and the last time all told until 2017).

Although I had never seen Livingston win at Pittodrie in 90 minutes (they did win 2-3 after extra-time in League Cup tie in 2003)  until yesterday

I have seen five no score draws with Aberdeen and Dundee at Pittodrie and a score draw four times with 13 home wins.

Other than that, I saw Dundee draw 1-1 at Tyncastle (Ian Jardine and Stuart Rafferty) in November 1985 which was the first game of Hearts unbeaten run before Albert Kidd appeared, and I saw a Tayside derby in 2015 and a 3-0 loss for the Dark Blues when Shift Key scored a couple.

The only time I've seen Dundee beat Aberdeen was in December 2005 at Dens when Barrett scored and Steven Craig was sent off for Aberdeen.

Raymond Babbitt, imo.

22 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

That is quite a detailed account, and I apologise for calling you out. I hope you can't go next week.

27 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think we should all club together to ensure @Bogbrush1903 attends next weekend's match.

Although with our luck his Dundee win rate will rise to 9%.

33 minutes ago, K.T said:

Raymond Babbitt, imo.

That's a film about Savant syndrome (in particular, Kim Peek) but I read a very interesting story about acquired savantism after high-school drop out Jason Padgett was attacked after drinking in a bar. It suggests that savantism could exist in us all...I highly recommend giving it a read (see link below for BBC article regarding the case)...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190411-the-violent-attack-that-turned-a-man-into-a-maths-genius

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

That's a film about Savant syndrome (in particular, Kim Peek) but I read a very interesting story about acquired savantism after high-school drop out Jason Padgett was attacked after drinking in a bar. It suggests that savantism could exist in us all...I highly recommend giving it a read (see link below for BBC article regarding the case)...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190411-the-violent-attack-that-turned-a-man-into-a-maths-genius

Maybe the first time I’ve said this on the the forum with sincerity - thank you.