Completed your census form?

18 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

You can get a code sent to your email for your address, no verification required so you could fill in everyone else's as well if you so desired. Seems very insecure to me.

I've done this as we have a flat that we are currently getting ready to sell. I couldn't be bothered with the travelling involved to get to said flat so asked via the Census sites online chat feature what my options were. I was surprised when it turned out it really as simple as you described above. I thought there would be some sort of checks involved.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

I've done this as we have a flat that we are currently getting ready to sell. I couldn't be bothered with the travelling involved to get to said flat so asked via the Census sites online chat feature what my options were. I was surprised when it turned out it really as simple as you described above. I thought there would be some sort of checks involved.

To be fair, who the f**k is going to the effort to fill out other peoples census just because they can? Clearly barely anyone can be arsed filling out their own so I don't think we need to worry about fraudulent entries. 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well of course it is. You were also baffled as to why people had a problem being legally forced to wear masks.

You are a person who likes to "fit-in" and oblige other people so of course you're not going to understand those who prefer to be left the f**k alone.

What's interesting though is that you appear to have no ability to empathise with those who are different from you in this regard.

Not an altogether surprising response, but I suppose sticking to the point - about filling in a census - isn't easy.  Given the pressure on public finances, I have a feeling that if they weren't useful, they wouldn't be done.  As I understand it, they are carried out in virtually every "Western" country, and some hold them more often.  (Cue outbreak of western conspiracy pish posts.) 

"sticking it to the man" thread for your pish. 

28 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not an altogether surprising response, but I suppose sticking to the point - about filling in a census - isn't easy.  Given the pressure on public finances, I have a feeling that if they weren't useful, they wouldn't be done.  As I understand it, they are carried out in virtually every "Western" country, and some hold them more often.  (Cue outbreak of western conspiracy pish posts.) 

"sticking it to the man" thread for your pish. 

In the Philippines it's done every 5 years - they come around each household and fill it in on the spot.  Knowing the Philippines as I do, I suspect if somebody isn't at home the census staff will fill in the form on their behalf (ahem)

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Would atheists putting the likes of Jedi on their form lead to the government over-counting the number of religious folk around the country, therefore underestimating those who genuinely have 'no religion'.

Yeh, I guess the churches are delighted that folk said they were religious so that they can continue to point at the % who have a faith and say "look how representative we are".

Not filling in the census is a better example than voting of "if you don't have your say it's hard to complain"

51 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh, I guess the churches are delighted that folk said they were religious so that they can continue to point at the % who have a faith and say "look how representative we are".

Not filling in the census is a better example than voting of "if you don't have your say it's hard to complain"

Does being a Devil Worshipper count as being religious? 

Asking for a fiend. 

(Geddit?) 

I'll get my coat. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It was upon hearing the twin arguments of 'they wouldn't do it if it wasn't useful' and 'well everyone else is doing it', that the esteemed Dr Oaksoft realised he was talking to a bit of a numpty.

😆

It was upon being in receipt of more drivel from Oaksoft that Salt n Vinegar decided that he had no desire to drown in pish. Away and lie in your own.

Like everyone I know, I'm breathing. I'm not recommending that you your pea-brained analysis to that, and decide to be all contrary just for the sake of it, but some might think it would be a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Does being a Devil Worshipper count as being religious? 

Asking for a fiend. 

(Geddit?) 

I'll get my coat. 

My dyslexic mate was a devil worshipper. 

He sold his soul to Santa

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

f**k me, you need to work on your sentence structure. 😆

You really shouldn't be using the phrase "pea-brained" to describe anyone, my friend. 😆

Perhaps not my best work, but the sentiment was pretty accurate! If you really need me to explain it, hold your breath and I'll get back to you tomorrow night, there's a good lad... 😁

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One in three households in Glasgow have not completed the census. That’s a lot of £1000 fines!

Maybe one reason for the lack of response is that they think the government will be able to make better decisions if they base them on less accurate, and less up to date, information. Not a view I happen to share. I'd ask again why folk seem reluctant to complete the census, but given some of the absolute roasters on the forum, I'll just file them under "best avoided by sane people".  After all, if they think their circumstances don't matter, who am I to disagree? 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

My dyslexic mate was a devil worshipper. 

He sold his soul to Santa

My mate was an insomniac, dyslexic, agnostic.

He lay awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

None of these people are roasters for not filling out this form. They're just absolutely fed up.

Hardly a valid excuse to avoid a 10 min job though.

If it is, I should have gone for "I was going to submit my company confirmation statement a few weeks ago, but I was busy with invoices after emptying my other half's mum's shed and needed a break after the shopping run". 

Eta: bit mental if folk are risking a £1000 fine by not filling out a form because they're thinking about household bills.  Even if they're unaware of fines, ignorance isn't an excuse either.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Folk are too busy paying bills to do a form? Not following that line of argument. It isn't a choice between one or the other either; you can worry about bills and do a form at the same time if you wanted. Also, most bills folk pay via direct debit, so it's hardly like it takes any time to pay bills. 

I can get folk simply not wanting to do it, forgetting about it or accidentally chucking the letter out, but don't get the 'no time' argument.

Also some folk (not on here that I've seen mind) are acting like it's a new thing. It's been a thing in Scotland for centuries, and a thing in the world in general for millenia.

Edited by DA Baracus