Honest Men vs. Harry Wraggs

I'd be surprised if it's not the same 11 from Saturday.  Only real issue is who starts at right back.  Personally would like to see Smith play and go 433, that's when we have looked best IMO

McAdams

Fjortoft Muirhead McGinty Reading

Murdoch Smith McInroy

O'Connor Adeloye Ashford

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'd be surprised if it's not the same 11 from Saturday.  Only real issue is who starts at right back.  Personally would like to see Smith play and go 433, that's when we have looked best IMO

McAdams

Fjortoft Muirhead McGinty Reading

Murdoch Smith McInroy

O'Connor Adeloye Ashford

I would be tempted to go with Reading at RB and Maxwell at LB, or vice versa. Fjortoft continues to prove himself a liability most of the time he is given a chance. Agree with the rest - I do think we will line up the same as we did at QOS, which I’m relatively fine with tbh.

Can't believe there's Jags fans saying they ain't bothered about this game here. Condemning Ayr to a relegation play-off at their patch with a Thistle Select XI would be great craic.

Edited by milhouse

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I appreciate some of these players may not have performed as expected, but that is still a very good side on paper - especially in midfield. The only player I don’t know much about is Murray. 

What has happened to Akinola that he is no longer a starter? Strolled it in the early games against us.

He seems to have lost a bit of confidence after getting (unjustly) sent off vs Airdrie in the cup. He was brilliant in the first half of the season, hopefully comes back refreshed after the summer although if his lack of form is related to being away from home then who knows? 

Initial guess at a team based on injuries etc 
-------------Sneddon
Foster-----Akinola--Mayo---Hendrie
McAllister-Crawford--Banzo-Murray
--------------Smith 
-------------Jakubiak
1-0 Ayr
If you could leave out both Crawford and Smith that would be much appreciated Crawford will likely be inspired to shut up his critics from the North stand and Smith will likely get a power of abuse because he "snubbed" us in the summer and will score a hat trick as a GIRUY

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McCall doing his old team and resting the top players. We will get a goal and then the rest of the match will be played like a training session to kill the time. 

We've had this patter since right before we got fucked 4-0 up in Arbroath last season. I really hope you're right one of these times.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Every single game this season in which Ayr have conceded the first goal, they have failed to keep a clean sheet.

I don't see the habit of a season changing here.

Is Duncan Carmichael aware of this stat?

The most wild thing about this thread, even with all the killie weirdos, is the number of Ayr fans who have Sean McGinty as starting! Have none of you seen him play?

At risk of jinxing it for Friday night, he’s probably been one of our best players since the turn of the year. He had a couple bad games against St Mirren in the cup and then against Kilmarnock at Somerset but he’s generally fine. Very assured on the ball when he’s got time although he still has the knack of kicking it whatever way he’s facing when put under the slightest pressure.

I’d have him over any other centre back in our squad.

The most wild thing about this thread, even with all the killie weirdos, is the number of Ayr fans who have Sean McGinty as starting! Have none of you seen him play?
Our captain is known as Sean "Beckenbauer" McGinty down these parts (well since Christmas anyways)