Honest Men vs. Harry Wraggs

Thought I'd come on this page to talk about the jags v Ayr but am seeing a few posts about Killie and I agree with a lot that's being said ( the sensible stuff ) up until TW got the push killie were poor couldn't buy a win against our nearest rivals and if it stayed like that I doubt we would have made the playoffs, if DM was in from the start of the season our point's total would in my opinion have been nearer the other team that went up in previous years, but in the end we made it, Ayr have been poor in most games this season but if they can stay up I think Smith will get them a bigger budget as he's been doing a lot behind the scenes with the hub etc, as for the game I would like to see PT win and consolidate a place in the playoffs.

Over the season Killie were the best team. Lafferty made a huge difference. Re the game v Ayr am just no sure. If the gap with Raith had been 4 points would have fielded the reserves. Imagine losing by 4 and Raith winning against disinterested Killie by the same margin

Unlikely I know but we've lost by 4 already this season. Still would have taken this at the start of the season.

Need to be mindful of Inverness game coming up. First two games they were better than us and if Sean Welsh had scored that pen at firhill wuda been 2 from 2. However the last 2 Jags were the better team. Still hopeful

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It's really not jealousy to say that Killie have squeaked the title in a really poor league. Your only challengers were a part-time team and they almost beat you to it.

Dunfermline's 2011/2012 side were considered one of the worst champions ever and you're not even going to beat our points total from that year.

Killie fans shouldn't care what anyone else says though; you're champions. Complaining that you're not getting enough credit and crying that other fans are jealous is just cringeworthy tbh.

Yep, they’re definitely the worst team I’ve ever seen win this league (all the seasons The Caley have been in it) but why are they bothered a fuck about the fact? Someone had to be and it’s them.  

We’re not going to say they were brilliant when they weren’t. They were as average as everyone else but turned a few home draws into wins to get the job done, where as others couldn’t.

Graham and Tiffoney surely won't be involved in this one, possibly a few others as we've got most of our injured players back now it does allow for a squad rotation of some sort. I know McCall made some comments about this game not being ideal because of where a defeat could put Ayr, due to his affinity with the club, understandable but can't be focusing on that. As much as I'd like some squad rotation, we'd ideally like to go into the play-offs on the back of a win and a decent performance. 

As for the other topic that weirdly seems to have dominated this thread, Kilmarnock were/are the best side in the league and have deserved their title because of it, that doesn't mean they were particularly good and indeed their own fans had them pegged as average at best for most of the season, I do believe they'd have a bit of a better points total if McInnes was manager from the off however. 

The funniest thing about this game is that the main reason Ayr fans want to win it is not for the preservation of Championship status but because it negates the need to watch another 2-4 games of dross that has relegation at the hands of fucking Airdrie written all over it.

In all honesty, Bullen might as well play a 4-6-0 and negate the concept of scoring goals entirely (as seems to be in his DNA) and just pray that the score stays low and than QOS manage at least a draw. This sounds on the whole like a far more practical approach than wishing for Ayr to score more goals than their opponents, especially at home.

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If you hid the title from view then you’d have no fucking clue who this game was between. Such is the ability of Kilmarnock fans to ruin absolutely everything they go near.

Fully stand by my post in pre season about everyone wishing we had Falkirk fans back in the forum instead by the end of it.

19 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It's really not jealousy to say that Killie have squeaked the title in a really poor league. Your only challengers were a part-time team and they almost beat you to it.

Dunfermline's 2011/2012 side were considered one of the worst champions ever and you're not even going to beat our points total from that year.

Killie fans shouldn't care what anyone else says though; you're champions. Complaining that you're not getting enough credit and crying that other fans are jealous is just cringeworthy tbh.

I know it was a while ago, but it was the 2010/11 season where Pars won the league. They were getting pummelled in the top league in 2011/12.

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Initial guess at a team based on injuries etc 

-------------Sneddon

Foster-----Akinola--Mayo---Hendrie

McAllister-Crawford--Banzo-Murray

--------------Smith 

-------------Jakubiak

1-0 Ayr

Think this could be pretty accurate. Think Smith, Murray and Akinola are the only ones to have scored this season, scoring a goal each.

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Initial guess at a team based on injuries etc 

-------------Sneddon

Foster-----Akinola--Mayo---Hendrie

McAllister-Crawford--Banzo-Murray

--------------Smith 

-------------Jakubiak

1-0 Ayr

I appreciate some of these players may not have performed as expected, but that is still a very good side on paper - especially in midfield. The only player I don’t know much about is Murray. 

What has happened to Akinola that he is no longer a starter? Strolled it in the early games against us.